Deleted

pure destruction socketing.

im thinking about to switch from affliction main to destruction now. but how should i socket right as a destruction warlock? while affliction was my main spec i played 9777haste>mastery>haste>int>crit. should i rather go for red socket=int, yellow=int+mastery, blue=int+hit?

Deleted
    you cant go wrong with gemming for as much mastery as possible while going after the socket bonuses and then reforge out of haste as much as possible.

crit is beast for destro, or it was last time i played which was 5.3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    crit is beast for destro, or it was last time i played which was 5.3
    Last time I saw a destro lock stacking crit pre 5.4 was 5.1 (before gosac nerf I believe)

I dont really follow most guides, i know i just did crit mastery, and i was always top 3. you can hit realy big on CB, plus crit helps with big heals on ember tap, but so does mastery. i had an all around good damage/survivability thing going on

Deleted
    ill try mastery>crit>haste tomorrow in raid and gonna report.

mastery and crit are both great. haste, not so much. this is due to the fact that crit strikes generate much more for embers vs having insane haste. plus the meta gem adds haste anyway so that'll cover it for some part.

mastery increases the dmg of your fire attacks, while crit covers all + CB. haste doesnt do much really as our only dot is immolate..

Deleted
    was in flex now and damage was fine with mastery>crit>haste but the playstyle was a bit odd, i was familiar with around 12k haste and dropped to 6k now

I did a sim w' mast > crit > haste setup using mastery centric gems vs a pure int gemming setup and the mastery one easily won at 565'ish ilvl. Granted most of my gear is built around affliction but since blizz keeps changing the rules I'm a bit high on haste even getting out of it as much as possible.

TLDR = don't go for pure int, socket for mastery/secondary stat gems....at least at 560+ilvl