Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Real cute, troll.

    Anyways, if High elves, you know the actual Alliance-sided High elves were playable, a lot of people would probably race change.
    I object to being called troll.

    I am not trolling you. I am simply pointing out the many, many, many flaws in your arguments and arguing they ultimately stem from a selfish desire that will damage the game.

    You will note that despite the heat of this debate, I have not lowered myself to calling you names. The fact that you are resorting to it now indicates to me you have no strong counters to what I am saying beyond expressing your increasingly vapid, ridiculous and short sighted ideas in increasingly bellicose terms.

    You're trying to shout me down.

    You are the one who cannot accept that the race you wish to play as is currently in game. You are the one arguing for a drastic change to the game that has never been done before. You are the one demanding Blizzard up ends their own lore to mollify you.

    Just to satisfy a selfish desire.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    I object to being called troll.

    I am not trolling you. I am simply pointing out the many, many, many flaws in your arguments and arguing they ultimately stem from a selfish desire that will damage the game.

    You will note that despite the heat of this debate, I have not lowered myself to calling you names. The fact that you are resorting to it now indicates to me you have no strong counters to what I am saying beyond expressing your increasingly vapid, ridiculous and short sighted ideas in increasingly bellicose terms.

    You're trying to shout me down.
    I'm not shouting you down. You knew your intention behind your statement, and you know that the Blood elves we have are not the High elves we're asking for.

    Also, you have no basis behind your arguments about High elves not being playable. The model/same race argument is invalid now with the introduction of Pandaren, and, like I've said, one blue post from 8 years ago doesn't show Blizzard's intentions presently. Not only that, blue posts have no basis whatsoever as Blizzard can change their minds at any time. Your "never going to happen" argument is also invalid as anything can be retconned if Blizzard chooses.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    I'm not shouting you down. You knew your intention behind your statement, and you know that the Blood elves we have are not the High elves we're asking for.
    However, they are what is left of them. You're not going to get the rest.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    However, they are what is left of them. You're not going to get the rest.
    What's your basis on that? Anything can be retconned including population.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    What's your basis on that? Anything can be retconned including population.
    Ha! You can't challenge the logic in the blue post so you predicate all your ideas on the hope that blizzard will themselves repudiate it. THEY'VE NOT DONE SO PUBLICLY.
    If they've done so privately, good for them, but they've not told us. All we can do is rely upon what they actually said, not what we hope they think.

    And he's right. You're not going to get the pathetic ragged remnants.

    You're running on pure hope and delusion, that's all it is. Any cold, rational analysis of the issue shows that the costs of implementing High Elves are not worth the reward.

    The reward pleasing a highly vocal minority who have taken it upon themselves to correct Blizzard's great sin of awarding the Elves to the wrong faction. I mean how dare they. Didn't they read Lord of the Rings?

  6. #66
    Brewmaster Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    1,276
    Racial specials? Here are some quickie thoughts based on existing racial specials.

    Ogre:
    -- Thick Skull: Stun, Sap and Incapacitate effects from non-player attacks duration reduced 10%
    -- Two Heads Are Better (mana classes only): +1% fire, nature, and shadow hit chance and damage
    -- Clobber (non-mana classes): +1% damage with maces and polearms
    -- +15 mining
    -- Butt Slam: 1-second cast time, 2 minute cooldown. 8-yard AOE physical damage and 2-yard knockback based on AP and SP. Cannot be interrupted.

    High Elf:
    -- Highborne Swordplay: +1% hit chance with swords. +1% spell hit chance while wielding a sword in the main hand.
    -- +15 inscription
    -- Arcane Mastery: Arcane and nature damage reduced by 1%
    -- Thirst for Magic: 30-yard range, 2-minute cooldown. Target loses 5% of their primary resource (mana, rage, etc) modified by PvP Resil, and receive a debuff making them immune to this racial for 30 seconds. Monsters with no primary resource are instead damaged based on AP/SP and Incapactiated 2 seconds (acts as an interrupt on monsters immune to incapacitation). The High Elf recovers 5% of their primary resource, with any overflow over max converted to a heal.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Racial specials? Here are some quickie thoughts based on existing racial specials.

    Ogre:
    -- Thick Skull: Stun, Sap and Incapacitate effects from non-player attacks duration reduced 10%
    -- Two Heads Are Better (mana classes only): +1% fire, nature, and shadow hit chance and damage
    -- Clobber (non-mana classes): +1% damage with maces and polearms
    -- +15 mining
    -- Butt Slam: 1-second cast time, 2 minute cooldown. 8-yard AOE physical damage and 2-yard knockback based on AP and SP. Cannot be interrupted.

    High Elf:
    -- Highborne Swordplay: +1% hit chance with swords. +1% spell hit chance while wielding a sword in the main hand.
    -- +15 inscription
    -- Arcane Mastery: Arcane and nature damage reduced by 1%
    -- Thirst for Magic: 30-yard range, 2-minute cooldown. Target loses 5% of their primary resource (mana, rage, etc) modified by PvP Resil, and receive a debuff making them immune to this racial for 30 seconds. Monsters with no primary resource are instead damaged based on AP/SP and Incapactiated 2 seconds (acts as an interrupt on monsters immune to incapacitation). The High Elf recovers 5% of their primary resource, with any overflow over max converted to a heal.
    I like the Ogre racials. But the High Elf racials seem a bit off. I suggest they look something more like this

    Arcane Torrent] - instant - 2 minutes cooldown
    Activate to silence all enemies within 8 yards for 2 seconds. In addition, you regain 6% of your mana. If you play a death knight or a rogue this ability restores 15 runic power/energy.
    [Arcane Affinity] - passive
    10 point skill bonus to Enchanting (this raises the cap by 10 at each level of enchanting).
    [Magic Resistance] - passive
    Reduces the chance to be hit by spells by 2%

    You know, how they are in game. Right now.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Ha! You can't challenge the logic in the blue post so you predicate all your ideas on the hope that blizzard will themselves repudiate it. THEY'VE NOT DONE SO PUBLICLY.
    If they've done so privately, good for them, but they've not told us. All we can do is rely upon what they actually said, not what we hope they think.

    And he's right. You're not going to get the pathetic ragged remnants.

    You're running on pure hope and delusion, that's all it is. Any cold, rational analysis of the issue shows that the costs of implementing High Elves are not worth the reward.

    The reward pleasing a highly vocal minority who have taken it upon themselves to correct Blizzard's great sin of awarding the Elves to the wrong faction. I mean how dare they. Didn't they read Lord of the Rings?
    Like I said in the other thread, the blue post is already in lac curate in the sense that High elves would not join the Alliance when they are a part of it.

    And how do you know us pro-High elf people are a minority? Have you taken a census?

    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    You know, how they are in game. Right now.
    Again, you're trolling. You know that's not what we're asking for.

  9. #69
    STOP thinking about how alliance get high elves. first of all the high elves is part of the alliance but also already part of the horde http://www.wowwiki.com/High_elf There is no god damn other high elves in wow there is hideing somewhere. PEOPLE need to get this at some point, the high elves was banished from Kalimdor, and created Quel'Thalas, which later got destroyed by the scoughe and then the major part of them became blood elfs. some of them founded Dire Maul( Eldre'Thalas ) This elfes from Eldre'Thalas joined the Alliance in Cata when the night elfes allowed Mages into their ranks. SO GET IT , there is no hidden major race knowen as the high elves, there are the blood elfes, and the high elves there has already joined the night elfes, or is part of dalaran.

    and that is not even commenting on how stupid it would be Hordes would get ogres and alliance would get a god damn reskin of the night elfes or just a 100% identic to the blood elfes just with green eyes
    (i am 20 and dyslexic so yes i suck at spelling)

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Like I said in the other thread, the blue post is already in lac curate in the sense that High elves would not join the Alliance when they are a part of it.

    And how do you know us pro-High elf people are a minority? Have you taken a census?



    Again, you're trolling. You know that's not what we're asking for.
    You're almost certainly not going to get what you're asking for. And again, you are name calling. I am continually pointing out for you what is an inconvenient truth. That the High Elf race left the Alliance prior to the beginning of WoW. That they renamed themselves the Blood Elves. And that they have now joined the Horde.

    The High Elves are not a race yet to be added. They are a race added and defected.

    God I can't wait for Blizzcon to put a bullet in the head of this topic for another two years because I've come to the conclusion only the word from Chris Metzen's mouth is gonna put this down once he reams off the expansion features and it doesnt list 'New Alliance Race:The same guys we added in TBC but now with blue eyes!".

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    STOP thinking about how alliance get high elves. first of all the high elves is part of the alliance but also already part of the horde http://www.wowwiki.com/High_elf There is no god damn other high elves in wow there is hideing somewhere. PEOPLE need to get this at some point, the high elves was banished from Kalimdor, and created Quel'Thalas, which later got destroyed by the scoughe and then the major part of them became blood elfs. some of them founded Dire Maul( Eldre'Thalas ) This elfes from Eldre'Thalas joined the Alliance in Cata when the night elfes allowed Mages into their ranks. SO GET IT , there is no hidden major race knowen as the high elves, there are the blood elfes, and the high elves there has already joined the night elfes, or is part of dalaran.

    and that is not even commenting on how stupid it would be Hordes would get ogres and alliance would get a god damn reskin of the night elfes or just a 100% identic to the blood elfes just with green eyes
    Don't tell what and what not to think. High elves are heavily involved within the Alliance. There isn't even a solid case on High elven population considering that nothing has been confirmed. Also, racial identity isn't an issue given that the Pandaren are on both factions.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Don't tell what and what not to think. High elves are heavily involved within the Alliance. There isn't even a solid case on High elven population considering that nothing has been confirmed. Also, racial identity isn't an issue given that the Pandaren are on both factions.
    The Pandaren are not the be all and end all. Using that logic we may as well tear down the faction boundaries and make all races cross faction. Besides, the whole point of the Pandaren story was about balance, Blizzard turned the necessity of keeping them neutral into a virtue to drive the story. It may well turn out that they are the exception, once in a game's existence, to the rule.

    You are starting to inflate High Elf numbers in your head. Please, i invite you. Demonstrate to me where the High Elves are heavily involved in the Alliance. Show me why you think they are a major player.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    You're almost certainly not going to get what you're asking for. And again, you are name calling. I am continually pointing out for you what is an inconvenient truth. That the High Elf race left the Alliance prior to the beginning of WoW. That they renamed themselves the Blood Elves. And that they have now joined the Horde.

    The High Elves are not a race yet to be added. They are a race added and defected.

    God I can't wait for Blizzcon to put a bullet in the head of this topic for another two years because I've come to the conclusion only the word from Chris Metzen's mouth is gonna put this down once he reams off the expansion features and it doesnt list 'New Alliance Race:The same guys we added in TBC but now with blue eyes!".
    Again, you have no basis behind your argument. Show me some actual evidence to the point where it's not possible besides models and the same race issue, because after MoP, it's not a big deal anymore.

    EDIT: the High elves of the Silver Covenant are highly involved in Alliance affairs. Plus with Alleria's return, there's good reason that more will join the Alliance.
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2013-10-03 at 09:36 PM.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Again, you have no basis behind your argument. Show me some actual evidence to the point where it's not possible besides models and the same race issue, because after MoP, it's not a big deal anymore.

    EDIT: the High elves of the Silver Covenant are highly involved in Alliance affairs. Plus with Alleria's return, there's good reason that more will join the Alliance.
    My argument is that the race you are looking for has already been added, just not in the way you want them added. I actually have a fantastic basis for that argument. I log into the game, select character creation, and there it is under the Horde flag, a Thalassian elf.

    The Silver Covenant are highly involved in Dalaran affairs. Dalaran. One of the constituent nations in the Alliance. If the Alliance is called to council, will Vereesa Windrunner go to speak on the Silver Covenant's behalf? No, she'll go because Jaina is going, and because she works for Jaina, she can go as part of the Dalaran delegation.

    And how will MORE High Elves join the Alliance with Alleria's return? Have some of the few remaining High Elves MISSED teaming up with the few remaining of their kind?
    Is there a group of Alleria Windrunner groupies living underground patiently awaiting her return before deciding what to do?

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    God I can't wait for Blizzcon to put a bullet in the head of this topic for another two years because I've come to the conclusion only the word from Chris Metzen's mouth is gonna put this down once he reams off the expansion features and it doesnt list 'New Alliance Race:The same guys we added in TBC but now with blue eyes!".
    no1 said that they will be added in next expansion. because they may add Ogres and Furbolg in next expansion and noone of us(HE supporters) would be rly disappointed.

    after reading all your posts I think that 2000 rly might be a year of your birth. I wonder why ppl still spend time reposting your posts about "blue post", "blood elves are in horde so its impossible for HE to join alliance", "no no no you're wrong" "majority of players wants/says/cares/is/likes..."

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    My argument is that the race you are looking for has already been added, just not in the way you want them added. I actually have a fantastic basis for that argument. I log into the game, select character creation, and there it is under the Horde flag, a Thalassian elf.

    The Silver Covenant are highly involved in Dalaran affairs. Dalaran. One of the constituent nations in the Alliance. If the Alliance is called to council, will Vereesa Windrunner go to speak on the Silver Covenant's behalf? No, she'll go because Jaina is going, and because she works for Jaina, she can go as part of the Dalaran delegation.

    And how will MORE High Elves join the Alliance with Alleria's return? Have some of the few remaining High Elves MISSED teaming up with the few remaining of their kind?
    Is there a group of Alleria Windrunner groupies living underground patiently awaiting her return before deciding what to do?
    Blood elves are a Thalassian elf, yes, but they aren't the classic Alliance-sided High elves.

    Dalaran is now Alliance based, and the Silver Covenant isn't neutral last I checked.

    Some High elves are neutral. Alleria, a High eleven, Alliance based hero could influence the neutral party of High elves to return. You act like everything's set in stone based on a blue post, similar models, or the fact that Blood elves are High elves, when all of that is irrelevant now.
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2013-10-03 at 09:59 PM.

  17. #77
    Stood in the Fire Xalviar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Xal's Beta
    Posts
    492
    I have no problem with High Elves but Ogres seem too tall to be actually playable...

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalviar View Post
    I have no problem with High Elves but Ogres seem too tall to be actually playable...
    according to http://wowpedia.org/Race_ideas their ingame model is smaller than Tauren one. but it was stated before that their model should get some lifting to became less fat and dumb :P

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Blood elves are a Thalassian elf, yes, but they aren't the classic Alliance-sided High elves.

    Dalaran is now Alliance based, and the Silver Covenant isn't neutral last I checked.

    Some High elves are neutral. Alleria, a High eleven, Alliance based hero could influence the neutral party of High elves to return. You act like everything's set in stone based on a blue post, similar models, or the fact that Blood elves are High elves, when all of that is irrelevant now.
    Where are these neutral High Elves? Who are they? If they exist in large numbers where are their settlements?

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Where are these neutral High Elves? Who are they? If they exist in large numbers where are their settlements?
    I never said there was a huge party of neutral High elves, but there are some NPCs listed as neutral. However, and again, we can't argue population as there is nothing significantly factual on that topic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •