Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Personally, I have come to expect very little truth in Threads/Articles that say "The Truth about/behind XXX"

Also, I'd better prepare some more Fallacybingo cards

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Also another thing. People who used to work for Big Pharma now work for the FDA. WHAT A COINCIDENCE!!!

Edit: Merger of state and business is corporatism + Obamacare (deathpanels, etc) = Fascism. That's the exact definition of it. So basically WWII was fought for no reason?
    this almost had be falling out of my chair with laughter. the most over the top absurdity i have ever read on this forum.

on THIS forum. well done.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Personally, I have come to expect very little truth in Threads/Articles that say "The Truth about/behind XXX"

But all the dramatic caps and bigger font says this guy means SERIOUS business.

15+ Year Old Account
    Obamacare doesn't have death panels and it makes you look like an idiot when you make false claims that have been disproven 500 times. Please rejoin the discussion when you have informed yourself: http://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikei...did_it/c530lfx
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    I am a Liberal and this is not an improvement in the slightest. What Obama did was add 30 Million more payable accounts to the Insurance companies. He has forced Americans to buy insurance.

I WANT a single payer system. But you are delusional if you think it will ever happen. Obama is in bed with the Insurance companies. Hillary is in bed with them.
    You're as liberal as The Riddler is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a Liberal and this is not an improvement in the slightest. What Obama did was add 30 Million more payable accounts to the Insurance companies.
    This isn't exactly a great deal for insurance companies. They must now insure people with preexisting conditions, meaning they're taking on people with adverse loss ratios. These people are going to be taking much more out of the pot than they put into it.

I know a lot of people in the health insurance industry, and they're not happy at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    It reminds me of people that claim fox news is too far left. That's happened a couple of times on this forum.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I think he was getting at that 'common sense' is not an argument, it's a informal fallacy.
    I know exactly what he meant. I replied in kind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post

All the sources quoted are DEMOCRATS.
    NOT Republicans. They are calling it for what it is. Crony capitalistic fraud

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post

I am very much a Liberal. I am just not a small minded imbecile incapable of anything but partisan rhetoric and vomiting. Obamazombies ho!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I have a real job and insurance companies won't cover me because of pre-existing conditions(or at least they wouldn't until the ACA). Not entirely true, but unless I wanted to pay insanely high premiums(I don't make enough to afford them AND a place to live) I was SOL.
    You will not find anyone who will say that there wasnt SOME reform needed. I personally believe in a single payer system. But that is not ever happening. But this is nothing but Wall Street fraud

10+ Year Old Account
    You will not find anyone who will say that there wasnt SOME reform needed. I personally believe in a single payer system. But that is not ever happening. But this is nothing but Wall Street fraud
    The ACA is one giant step toward single payer. How do you not see that?

This is why people don't like the ACA. They either want free market or single payer, and the ACA is basically a middle ground.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I know a lot of people in the health insurance industry, and they're not happy at all.
    They should be happy those jobs exist at all, because they shouldn't exist.

I know exactly what he meant. I replied in kind.
    No, I don't think you understand. Otherwise you wouldn't of made the appeal to common sense fallacy again.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Its common sense. I can add a bill to congress saying we give every American 1 million dollars and it would never pass. But I can say to the people " hey I tried !"
    "Common sense" is never a good justification for a claim. Back a claim with evidence, not common sense, because common sense has a very good record of being wrong. Take the term common sense over to Iran and see how your idea of the phrase stands.

Illogical argument. People say that the mandate is one massive gift to insurance companies. But the OP talks about someone revolving between government and a pharmaceutical company. Pharmaceutical != Insurance. So which is it? How does an insurance mandate benefit big phama?

Regardless, insurance now must cover everyone, even those with preexisting conditions, they can't drop people from coverage when they get sick or claim too much health expenses, and they must compete on the exchanges, where their prices are displayed on the exact same page as their competitors. No more hidden costs, with an underwriting process and no readily listed price. So it's no gift.

Originally Democrats wanted a public option but there wasn't enough support. This is a step towards single payer healthcare. That's the endgame.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2013-10-03 at 04:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    this almost had be falling out of my chair with laughter. the most over the top absurdity i have ever read on this forum.

on THIS forum. well done.
    Why? I don't understand why its absurd to speak the truth. Go research T4 program. Its the Nazi's version of the affordable healthcare act. Throughout the 3rd Reich people were subjected to death panels and thats exactly whats in the Affordable Healthcare Act (hundreds of thousands of people unworthy of treatment were either killed or left to die in favor of healthier individuals throught the 30s and 40s).

Also I love how you can insult me and claim it absurd yet you're incapable of providing any sort of argument to rebut my accusations. Please enlighten us as to why you think its absurd.

When a country like the USA wages constant wars (Korea, Vietnam, Gulf, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc), maintains an Empire (bases in nearly every country across the globe), begins stripping its citizens of basic rights (Patriot Act, etc), sells out to the American people to the corporate world (ObamaCare) and now has deathpanels, THAT IS BORDERLINE FASCISM. You can live in denial as long as you want, but it doesn't change reality. The USA is going down the shitter, taking you with it.

OT: I got infracted because a mod didn't agree with what I said haha pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? I don't understand why its absurd to speak the truth. Go research T4 program. Its the Nazi's version of the affordable healthcare act. Throughout the 3rd Reich people were subjected to death panels and thats exactly whats in the Affordable Healthcare Act (hundreds of thousands of people unworthy of treatment were either killed or left to die in favor of healthier individuals throught the 30s and 40s).

Also I love how you can insult me and claim it absurd yet you're incapable of providing any sort of argument to rebut my accusations. Please enlighten us as to why you think its absurd.

When a country like the USA wages constant wars (Korea, Vietnam, Gulf, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc), maintains an Empire (bases in nearly every country across the globe), begins stripping its citizens of basic rights (Patriot Act, etc), sells out to the American people to the corporate world (ObamaCare) and now has deathpanels, THAT IS BORDERLINE FASCISM. You can live in denial as long as you want, but it doesn't change reality. The USA is going down the shitter, taking you with it.

OT: I got infracted because a mod didn't agree with what I said haha pathetic.

No you were hit for *trolling* and you mentioned deathpanels @_@.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No you were hit for *trolling* and you mentioned deathpanels @_@.
    So my 2nd amendment is invalid on this website?

Edit: Also why is everyone intent on derailing threads all the time? Why can't you for example address what I said, jeeeez. Everyone focus's on trivial little sentences rather than the whole picture, its seriously stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    So my 2nd amendment is invalid on this website?
    I'm not going to dignify that with a response. I think you know damn well.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm not going to dignify that with a response. I think you know damn well.
    Another good argument rebutting my accusations. Maybe you're so bias towards the topic you're incapable of rationally discussing it.