Runestone question.

Hey guys.

11/12, the dreaded last runestone.

Done all of my LFR's.

Is it possible to get another on another difficulty? My guildmates are all over the place with this.

Any pointers would be great, cheers.
    U p H___~ Restoration // Enhancement since 07.

Pretty sure flex, normal and heroic all drop stones.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

So I can in fact do flex and still have a chance at getting another runestone?

I'm pretty sure it's on chance per boss, period. Not per boss, per raid type.

Yeah I figured.

Any proof of this anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowpunch View Post
    Yeah I figured.

Any proof of this anywhere?
    It's one drop chance per difficulty per week, always has been. Otherwise everybody would have run all difficulties possible to get the items really quickly.

You can get a second chance in Flex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowpunch View Post
    You can get a second chance in Flex.
    It is not true , u only can loot Runesrones once a week per boss,no matter what difficulty it is , LFR/Norm/HC/Flex

Quote Originally Posted by Myxa View Post
    It is not true , u only can loot Runesrones once a week per boss,no matter what difficulty it is , LFR/Norm/HC/Flex
    Sadly this is true. And only the first 8 bosses of Siege and last 8 of ToT drop, so 16 chances total (1 being 100% i.e. Lei Shen). If you've exhausted all of that.. you're SOL

I feel your pain. I just got my 11 last night. I did 11 bosses that could drop Runestones and got a total of 3, with one being the aforementioned 100% drop. I have two more chances (Dark Shaman and Nazgrim) but it's looking grim. On the plus side though at least that means it's guaranteed #12 next reset.

ToT LFR Part 3 OR those bosses in normal OR those bosses in heroic
    ToT LFR Part 4 OR those bosses in normal OR those bosses in heroic
    Raden Heroic
    SoO LFR Part 1 OR those bosses in normal OR those bosses in heroic OR those bosses in Flex
    SoO LFR Part 2 OR those bosses in normal OR those bosses in heroic OR those bosses in Flex

There are 15 bosses you could kill for potential rune stones each week.

Lei Shin is 100% drop rate. 25% drop rate on all other bosses.

87% chance to only take 2 weeks to complete this quest. My DK sitting on 11/12 after 2 weeks

Deleted
    You mean last 6 bosses in ToT and it is 14 chances unless u do Ra-den as well.

Same story here 11/12 though I've been lucky and got 11 stones in 2 weeks , just missing last one.
    Last edited by mmoc798d7e3946; 2013-10-03 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Lei Shin is 100% drop rate. 25% drop rate on all other bosses.
    Either this is complete bullshit or I was very, very unlucky. Killed 60 bosses on 2 chars without a runestone drop (excluding Lei Shen ofc). This was before 5.4 though. It does seems like the first 8 bosses in SoO have a higher drop rate than the 5 in ToT.

Quote Originally Posted by Marfrilau View Post
    Either this is complete bullshit or I was very, very unlucky. Killed 60 bosses on 2 chars without a runestone drop (excluding Lei Shen ofc). This was before 5.4 though. It does seems like the first 8 bosses in SoO have a higher drop rate than the 5 in ToT.
    It was buffed upon 5.4 release. (Thank Fuck!)

Sha of Pride is also like Lei-shen, that he's a 100% guaranteed drop on legendary items.

Rygarius
    Community Manager

It's only 1 attempt per boss per week across all difficulties.

If you already completed Siege of Orgrimmar wings 1 and 2 for Secrets of the Empire they won't drop a Titan Runestone. If you haven't completed Throne of Thunder wings 3 and 4 though, you can run that with Lei Shen being a 100% guaranteed drop..

As a side note, only the first 8 bosses in SoO have a chance (Sha of Fear is 100% guaranteed just like Lei Shen) to drop items for Wrathion's legendary quest line.

ya one chance per boss for across all difficulties. the first week of the patch, flex and normal were dropping items like they were different lockouts so you could have finished faster(i ended up getting 4/4 secrets from week 1 flex then getting 6 in normal) but they fixed it sadly.

i finished this week at 11/12. had 4 bosses to get 1 runestone and of course i didnt get it. fortunately i know some people that do ra-den every week so ill still be getting my cloak. just later on in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    It was buffed upon 5.4 release. (Thank Fuck!)
    Sure doesn't seem like the drop rate was actually buffed, but RNG is RNG.

Nazgrim isn't a guaranteed drop either is he? Just Sha of Pride? Looks like unless I get VERY lucky, another week for mine as I only have 2 bosses that can drop one left (Dark Shaman and Nazgrim), and nobody I know of does Ra-den.

I ran into this problem as well, but managed to pull it off. Since you did ask "on any difficulty," the answer is yes. If you haven't done TOT at all this week and you can kill Raden then he also has a 100% drop rate on the runestones.