Crit as Elemental?

I have some problems with Simcraft atm. Currently i am full Mastery. I tried simming my char 3 times, 1,2 and 3 targets. This are the results:

1 targets: INT 6.01 CRIT 2.90 HASTE 3.77 MASTERY 2.87
    2 targets: INT 7.00 CRIT 4.10 HASTE 3.31 MASTERY 3.14
    3 targets: INT 10.06 CRIT 7.60 HASTE 4.16 MASTERY 5.01

As you can see, Simcraft tells me to go Crit on multiple targets, which seems weird, as all i currently read says either Haste or Mastery.

Do you mind me asking which boss fight has 3 targets constantly close enough for chainlightning over minutes? Maybe 2 targets for Dark Shamans.

But yeah, the result is not surprising. It is well known that crit and mastery are good for cleaving. But only mastery is also decent for single target. That is why crit usually isn't taken into consideration.

Oh, and of course: If your results show something different than for many other people, it doesn't mean something is wrong, but rather that your personal setup simply requires a different, individual approach because of certain circumstances (Meta Gem yes/no, Legendary Cloak yes/no, Rppm trinkets yes/no, different talents).
    Last edited by Xentres; 2013-10-03 at 12:27 PM.

I just simmed it with different setups, 1,2 and 3 targets. Both 2 and 3 say Crit, while singletarget is haste

So?

That is what the sim says for you atm.

You seem to use PE, you have no Legendary Cloak and relatively low iLvL. So, the sim tells you your stat weights for that setup.

This result is absolutely personal for your current setup. Change two items, change your talents, obtain the legendary cloak and your results will change accordingly.

Further, use reforge plots if you really gain something from reforging from one stat to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentres View Post
    So?

That is what the sim says for you atm.

You seem to use PE, you have no Legendary Cloak and relatively low iLvL. So, the sim tells you your stat weights for that setup.

This result is absolutely personal for your current setup. Change two items, change your talents, obtain the legendary cloak and your results will change accordingly.

Further, use reforge plots if you really gain something from reforging from one stat to another.

I wouldn't say my Ilvl is low, 547, and i DO have the legendary cloak.

But yeah, im gonna stay with my current setup (mastery) and ignore Simcraft for now.

Sorry, my bad with the cloak, armory didn't work properly on my phone and didn't show the orange text.

Still, 547 is SoO entry iLvl. I also have 546 and am second worst geared guy in my raid.

In the end, it also strongly depends on your talent choices. It would be best to sim all 3 lvl90 talents and to then create some reforge plots for your secondary stats, if you have the time.

The only reason elemental doesn't like crit against a single-target is because a large percentage of its single target damage is auto-crit. The more you're allowed to spam chain lightning, the less of your damage comes from lava burst, the more you benefit from crit. Elemental has 250% criticals (most specs only have 200%), so this effect is very pronounced whenever sustained cleaving is introduced.

The thing is, unless you're having troubles meeting an aoe/cleave DPS check (e.g. p1 galakras or p1 garrosh, neither of which are terribly strict DPS checks), there's little reason to go out of your way to stack crit, since you won't be doing your single target DPS any favors.