Thread: SoO LFR nerfed.

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

SoO LFR nerfed.

It seems a few of the bosses in SoO LFR have been nerfed. Was this the right move, or should they just of left it alone? Are you happy or angry about it?

Kor'kron Dark Shaman
    Changes on Raid Finder difficulty:

-Wavebinger Kardris' Falling Ash now deals 200,000 Fire damage (down from 999,999).
    -Foul Slimes' Foulness aura now deals 30,000 Nature damage (down from 50,000).
    -Fixed an issue where placement of Earthbreaker Haromm's Ashen Wall was not always perpendicular to the direction he's facing.

General Nazgrim
    Changes on Raid Finder difficulty:

-General Nazgrim's health has been reduced by 10%.
    -General Nazgrim's Ravager now hits for 200,000 damage.
    -General Nazgrim now gains 1 Rage when struck in Defensive Stance (down from 2 Rage).
    -General Nazgrim now gains 2 Rage for each target struck by Heroic Shockwave's Aftershocks (down from 3 Rage).
    -General Nazgrim now gains 2 Rage from Kor'kron Banner (down from 3 Rage).
    -Kor'kron Warshaman's Earth Shield now heals for 2% of maximum health (down from 5%).
    -Kor'kron Warshaman's Empowered Chain Heal now heals for 4% of maximum health (down from 10%).

It is good for casuals, like me.

nazgrim needed the nerfs, that shit was a fucking nightmare in lfr compared to the one shots you can do it on flex just with randoms from oqueue

Thank god for that
    Diablo 3 - Demon Hunter - Wizard - Monk - Crusader
    Dota 2 Rampage # 1 # 2 # 3 # 4
    Death Knight

I only had 1 wipe on him but I could see why he would need a nerf should anyone tunnel vision on him. It still does not make him easy if people tunnel vision. Shamans were chaotic as it were and the one shot mechanic i thought was easy to avoid. guess blizzard has data to say its killing too many!

To be fair, i'm a casual too, and the only thing that made those 2 fights harder, was dps not paying attention to mechanics, or occasionally a tank didnt know to/how to kite dark shaman.

The nerfs to nazgrim scream 'not paying attention' and 'not prioritising targets' as the problem rather than the fight actually being too hard. I've killed them both twice in lfr on my rshammy with groups that did the fight correctly, and it was a breeze, to the point where I dps/interupt adds cos my healing wasnt needed. On my mage, the 2 lfrs I was part of didnt even finish clearing trash before first boss without the groups falling apart, twice in one day even.
    The fights arent hard, they just require peoole to play with their eyes on the screen for once

I cant emphasize enough how im just a casual lfr hero, and I find these nerfs pretty disappointing and a bit to early into the patch.

I think its a joke, considering nothing was wrong with the healthpool, it was just people doing the encounter wrong that made it "hard".

It's LFR why should it worry anyone that it's nerfed? It's good as some encounters are semi complex for people who don't communicate.

Tbh, if you died from mechanics before nerf you'll most likely do it after aswell.

It was needed, not that the encounter itself was hard but people had no clue what they were doing.
    For example the group i was stuck doing it with got up to 8 stack of determination before we downed it, they were that bad -.-

Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    It is good for casuals, like me.
    Casuals would put effort into what they do, just they do it on a limited time frame.
    Liking this isnt casual. Its wanting to finish the game in the easiest and quickest span of time possible.

Didn't go far enough IMO, based on what I've seen. Should have nerfed Galakras too, and boss HP across the board by 25%+. They vastly underestimate the difficulty of these encounters for players at a ~500 ilvl with only a rudimentary grasp of their characters, and raiding in general.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I find with Dark Shaman if the tanks are doing what they were supposed to then its a one shot. Stay out of red circle, dont drag mob and melee through elementals, move the boss out of slimes.

Nazgrim though, wow even with everyone on point, and I mean everyone once you managed to get the AFK tards to understand that they can't be AFK and win, you still came down to the wire on his enrage.

Galakras is a one shot, The scorpion siege engine typically is a one shot even with bad kick back replacement.

I think that Immerseus could use a bit more difficulty as you can beat him with half a group, the protectors are fine, the pulsing orbs in Nuroshen need to be more noticeable as you barely know they are there, and sha is fine.

How stupid, I did both of these bosses for the first time the other day and only wiped once on each, the only reasons ANYONE would wipe on these is either getting used to the mechanics for the first time or doing stupid things like standing where you're not supposed to, hitting Nazgrim when he's in defence stance or not killing the adds...

Fanboys will defend everything.

Last week, they insist that Blizzard will not nerf.
    The fight is "perfectly" tuned.

my guess is Ravager will still own bads that stand in them. its not surprising they nerfed Nazgrim though. Im waiting to see more nerfs on the dark shamans.. maybe lower health on slimes or whatever.

Haven't had any problems in LFR yet, but meh it's LFR so I don't really care about the nerfs

Run, rabbit run.
    Dig that hole, forget the sun,
    And when at last the work is done
    Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

Given the gear entry level is currently 496, either LFR needed nerfing or the entry requirement needed raising.

I've been averaging a few wipes on each one, so anything to ease that will be nice. The nerfs seem pretty hard, but that's fine. You eventually down it anyway with 8 or 10 stacks (that hasn't happened yet, but presumably it would for any group), so it seems silly to keep it difficult. It's just an artificial time sink.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blandar View Post
    How stupid, I did both of these bosses for the first time the other day and only wiped once on each, the only reasons ANYONE would wipe on these is either getting used to the mechanics for the first time or doing stupid things like standing where you're not supposed to, hitting Nazgrim when he's in defence stance or not killing the adds...
    Welcome to LFR, where 90% of the DPS tunnel and don't pay attention to raid damage or boss mechanics whatsoever. You're presuming they actually try to learn the fight or "get used" to the mechanics. Your average LFR goer does not attend these activities. They just tunnel and collect gear.

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    nazgrim needed the nerfs, that shit was a fucking nightmare in lfr compared to the one shots you can do it on flex just with randoms from oqueue
    My group, who wiped multiple times on the trash of the first boss of the second wing (the proto-drake boss), twice on juggernaut and like 3-4 times on the shaman fight managed to one-shot nazgrim. I really don't see what's so hard about him ._.