Should I use this stat upgrade?

Ok so I have the 2 piece set bonus for tier 15 but recently I got Blood-Soaked Gloves from flex and they're a very good stat increase. BUT I will lose my set bonus and all that extra AOE DPS. Does the stat increase on the gloves justify the loss of that AOE damage?

the stat change is
    +311 armor
    +328 Intellect
    +817 Spirit
    +613 Stamina
    +272 Critical Strike
    -612 Mastery
    +1 Blue Socket

Normally this would be an absolute no-brainer but that set bonus can cause a massive DPS boost on AOE fights. Also note that I don't raid a lot. My guild doesn't raid anymore and my server is a desolate wasteland with as little as 40 people online horde side sometimes. I have to use a 3rd party addon just to find cross server flex groups -.-

Same here. I'm opting to maintain the 2 piece T15 as I'm pretty sure the stat increases don't out-do the healing boost T15 gives HST, especially with Rushing Streams talented.
    My gear level is still sitting stagnant at 537 as I have wretched luck with loot drops so maybe once some other pieces get better the combined increases will make breaking that set feasible but for now, those items are in the bank collecting dust.

I've decided to just swap the gloves back and forth depending on the encounter lol.

I accept micromanagement but not to that degree!

Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    Ok so I have the 2 piece set bonus for tier 15 but recently I got Blood-Soaked Gloves from flex and they're a very good stat increase. BUT I will lose my set bonus and all that extra AOE DPS. Does the stat increase on the gloves justify the loss of that AOE damage?

the stat change is
    +311 armor
    +328 Intellect
    +817 Spirit
    +613 Stamina
    +272 Critical Strike
    -612 Mastery
    +1 Blue Socket

Normally this would be an absolute no-brainer but that set bonus can cause a massive DPS boost on AOE fights. Also note that I don't raid a lot. My guild doesn't raid anymore and my server is a desolate wasteland with as little as 40 people online horde side sometimes. I have to use a 3rd party addon just to find cross server flex groups -.-
    Assuming your talking about Elemental, I'd say keep your 2 set T15. The extra AOE is awesome for a decent amount of fights in SoO and by the looks of it the stat gain wont be the best. Your not gaining haste/mastery. Best way to know for sure would be to use Simcraft and see what results it shows you.

Well I reforged into some haste. I also upgraded the gloves twice so I just switch them out with my old gloves when I come up on AOE encounters.