Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Hehe, I have it! Was the first spirit beast pet I found, and by pure accident my NPC scanner just started going crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    gratz on getting that pet!
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Any tips for catching Loque?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    yes lots of soda or some beverage to keep you hyper, some chips and dip and a pillow for your bottom
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Ok, all the DPS twerking aside, pet collecting and hunting rares is still a fun part of the game for me. But, there always seems to be that ONE pet that I can just never find, no matter how hard I try.

I have never even seen this bastard's corpse. I've never even lost the tame to another hunter. I have literally never once seen it in the years I've been playing.

Is there an elusive pet that you just can't get your hands on?
    It took me 3 days to camp this pet. I lost once because I didn't tab in quick enough, and the other two times were because a jealous hunter killed it mid-tame
    Here are his spawn timers according to when I was logging them some ~8 months ago:
    "Arcturis sighting #1: 7:57am
    Arcturis sighting #2: 9:49pm
    Arcturis sighting #3: 11:35pm
    Arcturis Sighting #4: 2:15pm

It appears to be on a consistent ~13hr 45m cycle - give or take a few as all sightings followed this cycle."

Good luck
    #TeamHunter

Deleted
    Ah, good ol' Arcturis. Camped him for 2 weeks during the day. Didn't see him once in that time. Figured I'd log in early in the morning at 7 am and tada.. There he was walking around.
    Good luck getting him now with all the cross realm stuff and later on the "virtual servers". Really recomment you check early to see if hes up.

The only spirit beast I still don't have is Loque. Seen his corpse over 15 times now and gave up on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalin View Post
    Arc is definitely my favorite spirit beasts and one of the tougher to get. I never got the love for Loque. He uses the worst cat model in the game and looks incredibly derpy to me.
    I think a lot just like annoying people with his loud sound effects. That was the only reason I used Chromaggus back when his roar could be heard across entire zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    gratz on getting that pet!
    Thanks dude!

Arcturis is my beotch now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aretak View Post
    I think a lot just like annoying people with his loud sound effects. That was the only reason I used Chromaggus back when his roar could be heard across entire zones.
    I loved Loque when I first got him. I'm not much of an RPer per se, but I like when things "make sense" in a manner of speaking. When you pop Bestial Wrath, it sounds like a wild predator raging for some blood. Doing that with a bird pet, or anything that's not a cat, bear dinosaur, etc, just never made sense to me.

So Loque seriously added to that BW sound effect when I first got him. I was in love with all his HHHUUURRRRAAAAAAWRRRRR n stuff. Mhm.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Ok, all the DPS twerking aside, pet collecting and hunting rares is still a fun part of the game for me. But, there always seems to be that ONE pet that I can just never find, no matter how hard I try.

I have never even seen this bastard's corpse. I've never even lost the tame to another hunter. I have literally never once seen it in the years I've been playing.

Is there an elusive pet that you just can't get your hands on?
    Surprisingly the bear is the easiest spirit beast to get since its on a very low CD timer. However, when I played the game, I've never seen it. I've tamed Loque and Gondria 5 mins from each other and a few others in the Cata regions, but I've never seen the Bear or its corpse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    The best time to tame spirit beasts are usually the hours just after realm restarts. I tamed Loque and Gondria 5 mins apart on one particular realm restart day. Even other rares are easier to come across on realm restart days. Don't really know about realm maintenance. Haven't bothered trying.

Supposedly Loque is the hardest to get since the spawn timer is pretty long.

I've been pet hunting with my little lvl 75 hunter too.. Went to grizzly hills and just sat there around, reading a book and hopeing to get the loud sound from NPCScan.

Suddenly I hear the "low hp" sound and switch back to WoW.. and I am dead, killed by a lvl 90 horde hunter. He ganked me like 30 min, killed me 10 times at least and left then.. The second he flew away that nice little bear spawned, I icetrapped and tamed it.. 3 seconds later the 90 hunter came back, killed me again.. But I just pulled my ghost bear out and danced and /violine'd him ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Yeah, we hate humor and we do not allow it. Last time someone tried to be funny we tracked him down with his IP and broke his leg, then we forced him to race change all his characters to female dwarves. If you think you can be funny on my forums, think twice. (Also I will actually track down and kill anyone using that as a signature)
    Yes, they mean it! Got a broken leg, a female Dwarf and an infraction. Don't mess with humor folks !

Deleted

This was pretty hard to find (and to tame back those days) ... i just saw him twice on other hunters since wotlk
    Last edited by mmoc15f92c5277; 2013-10-07 at 01:23 PM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I tamed Loque at the beginning of WotLK and Arcturis toward the end of Cataclysm. Far worse than the camping for either of these was my stubborn (but eventually successful) hunt for Terrorpene at the very beginning of Cata. I stared at my computer for 12 hours hours straight for three days in a row. Terrorpene nearly ruined my marriage.

I feel sorry for hunters going after these guys now. All of this cross-server bullshit has turned rare taming into a nonstop grief-fest with a half dozen hunters camped out at every spawn point 24/7 waiting to gank each others' tame attempts.

My friend had a terrible time taming the monkey with the fez hat. I just got it over the weekend as I was flying to Karazahn. Needless to say he was pretty upset.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere