Page 1 of 2
LastLast

That one ****ing pet...

Ok, all the DPS twerking aside, pet collecting and hunting rares is still a fun part of the game for me. But, there always seems to be that ONE pet that I can just never find, no matter how hard I try.

I have never even seen this bastard's corpse. I've never even lost the tame to another hunter. I have literally never once seen it in the years I've been playing.

Is there an elusive pet that you just can't get your hands on?

Deleted
    Must be the same for me. Have had no problems with all other Spirit Beasts but that one.

Deleted
    Well, not really. The only thing I can remember is losing Karoma because I went full retard. I went out pet hunting with 5/5 spirit beasts in my stable and of course he had to be there then. Haven't seen it since, but again, kinda gave up on pet hunting after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Well, not really. The only thing I can remember is losing Karoma because I went full retard. I went out pet hunting with 5/5 spirit beasts in my stable and of course he had to be there then. Haven't seen it since, but again, kinda gave up on pet hunting after that.
    He was a tough one for me to find too. I only recall seeing him the one time I tamed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Ok, all the DPS twerking aside,
    I Lol'd. /10chars
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

10+ Year Old Account
    if you send me a pm ill keep an eye out and invite you over
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I've spent many hours farming Loque and only seen corpse twice. When i first wanted a spirit beast I got the bear in no time. Literally the first time I ever checked his spawn he was sitting there as I ran up. Never seen another spirit beast but I've spent at least 35 hours in scholozar basin (sp?). I'd kill for that pet.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Is that the spirit bear from grizzly hills? I think i was camping for him for about an hour on my hunter while leveling before he popped, just reset npcscan and slapped a movie over half of the screen.

Arcturis...

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Ok, all the DPS twerking aside, pet collecting and hunting rares is still a fun part of the game for me. But, there always seems to be that ONE pet that I can just never find, no matter how hard I try.

I have never even seen this bastard's corpse. I've never even lost the tame to another hunter. I have literally never once seen it in the years I've been playing.

Is there an elusive pet that you just can't get your hands on?
    LOL I got him server first, but I spent a lot of time looking for him on the PTR...

Got some great screen shots with him and a full moon in slithus...
    My Armory - Tenzi

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    if you send me a pm ill keep an eye out and invite you over
    Awesome dude - I'll PM you my Battletag!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    I've spent many hours farming Loque and only seen corpse twice. When i first wanted a spirit beast I got the bear in no time. Literally the first time I ever checked his spawn he was sitting there as I ran up. Never seen another spirit beast but I've spent at least 35 hours in scholozar basin (sp?). I'd kill for that pet.
    Oh man, funny story... One night I was buzzing around Scholazar looking for Loque, and I had had quite a few drinks... Way too many drinks...

I am spamming my "/tar Loque" macro, and holy shit - there he is!

I fly down and see this nasty prick dwarf taming him (I was Horde at the time). So I right click Loque and shoot him dead. Bwahaha, victory is mine.

... then I get a whisper.

DUDE! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!?

It wasn't a dwarf. It was an orc. It was a fellow Hordie whose Loque I had just killed.

Of course, he sicced his entire guild on me, so I was spammed with hate tells for most of the night despite profusely apologizing for my drunken stupor.

Some time later, I ended up in a raiding guild on that server telling this same story. Then our DK tank chimes in. "Oh, that was you!? I was the guy trying to tame him!" Yea, small world. We ended up in the same guild, and though he had long since forgiven, he never let me forget what an asshole I was.

Deleted
    There was a ally taming when i found loque, so i shot his trap and loque owned him tried to do the same to me, thank god for berserking

Funny this thread comes up now. I periodically (and I mean once every few days) go and see if that Spirit Bear has spawned. I've never camped any Spirit Beats and I have no intention of ever doing so. I have every other Spirit Beast due to pure dumb luck of my being there. So anyway, I show up at Grizzly Hills and of course there is another hunter already there (as there always is). I usually take a quick look, and just leave. Following whispered conversation ensues:
    "He last spawned 4 hours ago"
    "Thanks dude! That helps!" <-- my hunter
    "I've been here since last night (it's 6am btw) and have seen 2 other hunters tam him on front of me."
    "No worries, mate. I'm not staying. GL!" (about to hearth)
    "If he spawns right now and you try to tame him, I will fucking kill him. I'd rather he dies then another hunter take him again."

At this point my hearth kicks in and I get transported back to Panda-land. I open up my chat history and send a last whisper:

"Bro, like I said, GL with the tame. But you shouldn't get too worked up over it!"
    "I know. I know. So sorry. Been a long night."

The things we do for pixels...

Yeah i got him 2nd try back when they still shot moonfire lol.

Yeah I know this feeling. I have it but it took me years. I had a night where I tamed 5 in a row by flying to different zones, then tried Grizzly Hills? Nope. Random happenstance on a toon I was leveling, saw it was up, swapped over and flew out. I was so nervous the whole time that he would be gone. Luckily I can say he was still there

Quote Originally Posted by Chapayuki View Post
    Funny this thread comes up now. I periodically (and I mean once every few days) go and see if that Spirit Bear has spawned. I've never camped any Spirit Beats and I have no intention of ever doing so. I have every other Spirit Beast due to pure dumb luck of my being there. So anyway, I show up at Grizzly Hills and of course there is another hunter already there (as there always is). I usually take a quick look, and just leave. Following whispered conversation ensues:
    "He last spawned 4 hours ago"
    "Thanks dude! That helps!" <-- my hunter
    "I've been here since last night (it's 6am btw) and have seen 2 other hunters tam him on front of me."
    "No worries, mate. I'm not staying. GL!" (about to hearth)
    "If he spawns right now and you try to tame him, I will fucking kill him. I'd rather he dies then another hunter take him again."

At this point my hearth kicks in and I get transported back to Panda-land. I open up my chat history and send a last whisper:

"Bro, like I said, GL with the tame. But you shouldn't get too worked up over it!"
    "I know. I know. So sorry. Been a long night."

The things we do for pixels...
    LOL! That's an awesome story!

Arc is definitely my favorite spirit beasts and one of the tougher to get. I never got the love for Loque. He uses the worst cat model in the game and looks incredibly derpy to me.

I have never understood other Hunters that will kill another Hunter's tame, regardless of faction. What they should realise is that all they are doing is keeping that person in competition for the next spawn, and are therefore only making it worse for themselves. Personally if they are already taming, I will let them do it so that it results in one less Hunter to worry about camping a pet I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor11 View Post
    I have never understood other Hunters that will kill another Hunter's tame, regardless of faction. What they should realise is that all they are doing is keeping that person in competition for the next spawn, and are therefore only making it worse for themselves. Personally if they are already taming, I will let them do it so that it results in one less Hunter to worry about camping a pet I want.
    I agree with you in principle. But, sometimes making someone else suffer is worth keeping them in the competition pool.

I cheesed it. I transferred to the worst server, with a massive pop imbalance pre cross realm garbage and tamed every beast within a week.

My bg is kinda empty, if your in EU, I cant invite you and high chance you can find most beasts.