Moonkin needs a serious nerf to Healing.

I've seen all other Hybrids get nerfs to healing this expansion.

But Moonkins are a fucking joke. Literally just did an Arena where the Moonkin would go to 10% and back to full within a few GCD's. All whilst teleporting around and never ooming.

Fucking joke spec it is these days.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Moonkin has always been a joke spec. The game was much better when the gimmick joke specs like that were not played in pvp. I've always thought that until those specs are completely redesigned so they have depth, they should not be made pvp viable since usually making those specs viable merely involves giving them massive damage or healing.

Balance druids have access to three heals:
    Rejuvenation - a HoT which heals for a minor amount instantly (~20k with ilvl 530 pre battle fatigue)
    Healing touch - 2.5 second cast (which is all you really need to know about it)
    Renewal - tier 2 talent which instantly heals the druid for 30% of their health on 2 minutes cooldown
    they also have access to nature's swiftness which makes their next cast instant (can be healing touch)

Heart of the Wild - this makes boomkin's heals free for 45 seconds, but a rejuv + renewal + insta HT could bring him from almost dead to full with very small dent on his mana pool. On the other hand, that would be all the major healing the druid could be realistically able to do for next 2 minutes. The 'teleport' has 30 seconds cooldown, nothing major imo. And if you have trouble with the 2.5sec cast going through, I'm afraid it's not druid healing abilities you should be concerned with.

Every time moonkin reaches eclipse, they regenerate 50% of their mana, so that might help him not getting oom as well.

And btw, the nerfs to healing hit all hybrids - they changed how healing pvp power scaled for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post

And btw, the nerfs to healing hit all hybrids - they changed how healing pvp power scaled for them.
    Only problem is that it didnt hit all hybrids as hard. Hybrids with a giant manapool can still heal for alot more than the ones with a tiny manapool.

Anyways... i have been saying since the start of arenas that the only ones who should be allowed to heal is healers. Nothing else.
    Either you play healer and dps and lose the damage and utility from the second dps OR you get insane damage and utility but you
    lose the survivability. Cant have both.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moonkins do a lot of healing, but really that and barksin is their only way of surviving(besides symbi rng). We boomkins hoped they would give us a cd and reduce our heals but it never happened.

But you should not have a problem killing a boomkin as double dps, and if you are a healer+dps comp a boomkin+damage counters you. Dispel the boomkin and then do not let him cast. Healing touch has a 2.2(varies) cast time, interrupt that.

Anyways something has to counter healer+dps that is not a healer+dps.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Balance druids have access to three heals
    No boomkin runs with Renewal, they are either running with Cenarion ward or Ysera's Gift(which is pretty strong).

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Only problem is that it didnt hit all hybrids as hard. Hybrids with a giant manapool can still heal for alot more than the ones with a tiny manapool.

Anyways... i have been saying since the start of arenas that the only ones who should be allowed to heal is healers. Nothing else.
    Either you play healer and dps and lose the damage and utility from the second dps OR you get insane damage and utility but you
    I think you are both missing that while a you are healing, you are losing dps>.>. Healing people a little bit can be a utility.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-10-03 at 04:14 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

How about the always on second wind? http://www.wowhead.com/spell=145108 Being able to heal myself and others just by standing around seems a little out of whack. I was tooling around in random bgs on my herbalist boomkin (really only play when I want to fly around gathering herbs) and ended the BG with over 2M healing and I did next to nothing (I'm a terrible druid) so I can only imagine what someone with half a clue could achieve.

Moonkins are certainly very powerful as I was saying in a recent PvP thread asking why they couldn't be as viable as locks or mages (they're just as viable as mages right now).

That said, Ysera's Gift has NOTHING on Second Wind. 1% per second compared to 3%...are you really drawing that comparison? If, on the other hand, your argument is that that's too much with all the other Hots the spec has or with how hefty Heart of the Wild is as a super duper CD I'll understand. But just pointing to a single talent like that's the moonkin game changer is just silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The druid's auto-heal is 5% ever 5 sec, which is a bit over 25K with 400K health pool and a 20% pvp power bonus to healing. Battle fatigue cuts it down by 55% so you're looking at 11,250 every 5 sec, which isn't exactly staggering, but it's more than zero and it combines well with their other healing abilities. Moonkin's off-healing is very strong. They can be 70-80% as effective as a healer-spec'd class while still dealing pretty high damage. If they're played well they are very tough.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post

I agree with this to an extent, i think the best model for a hybrid was something similar to enh in cata. Good offhealing Moderate damage and low utility.

Hybrid healing nerf already nerfed moonkins aswell.
    An no, they dont need a nerf. i dont play moonkin but seriously what comps are good for moonkin atm? not in the bullshit 1500 2s bracket ( or any 2s, seriously its not balanced).
    Moonkins suck in pvp atm, and the only place they were good( RBGs) they received a large nerf there.
    Doubt me? look at the arena rep thats floating around these forums. even if 100% of the druids shown are boomkin over resto and feral ( not likely) its still pretty sad. There are almost no top tier boomkins

there are only 6 boomkins over 2k this season
    Maybe you should try and pick a better target to kill. or save your gap closer for after he blinks??
    Last edited by Myci; 2013-10-04 at 06:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    Hybrid healing nerf already nerfed moonkins aswell.
    An no, they dont need a nerf. i dont play moonkin but seriously what comps are good for moonkin atm? not in the bullshit 1500 2s bracket ( or any 2s, seriously its not balanced).
    Moonkins suck in pvp atm, and the only place they were good( RBGs) they received a large nerf there.
    Doubt me? look at the arena rep thats floating around these forums. even if 100% of the druids shown are boomkin over resto and feral ( not likely) its still pretty sad. There are almost no top tier boomkins

there are only 6 boomkins over 2k this season
    Maybe you should try and pick a better target to kill. or save your gap closer for after he blinks??
    I am one of these 6. The spec is in the worst place it has ever been. Our healing is a joke outside of heart, and we flop over when looked at. Really don't know what game any of you are playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maneatingpanda View Post
    I am one of these 6. The spec is in the worst place it has ever been. Our healing is a joke outside of heart, and we flop over when looked at. Really don't know what game any of you are playing.
    He's playing World of Moaners. Seriously, if someone is complaining about Moonkin being OP in arena then what's a point to discuss that furhter.

Moonkins do not need a "nerf" so if anyone thought I was suggesting that, I wasn't. They're fine as they are, aside from their ridiculous appearance.

blowing CD's to survive this time? Say it aint so.

They're using def's that all other classes have in some manner. They go down on the next fight they run into if they arent careful, just like any other class.

There are ways around these.

There should be a different way how much a heal does depending if u use it on yourself (more) or the partner (less). Its stupid when you play to boomkin/dps and he is only healing his partner and apparently enough . Then at soe point he just jumps out behind pillar with solarbeam and lolburst and gg while just being a "healer" the first like 4mins

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    There should be a different way how much a heal does depending if u use it on yourself (more) or the partner (less). Its stupid when you play to boomkin/dps and he is only healing his partner and apparently enough . Then at soe point he just jumps out behind pillar with solarbeam and lolburst and gg while just being a "healer" the first like 4mins
    Go for the boomkin then? This is not hard.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose