Is it possible for a reduced cooldown for summon doomguard?

10 minutes is way too long for low damage it puts out. Mine does around 800K+ damage. Can it be like a stampede ability and only 5 minutes?

I always thought they should put an "exhausted" like buff. This way, you cant summon the doomguard multiple times in one fight, but the debuff wears off when you die/wipe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    I always thought they should put an "exhausted" like buff. This way, you cant summon the doomguard multiple times in one fight, but the debuff wears off when you die/wipe
    Right, so we can soulstone ourselves on the pull then suicide after the first doomguard expires. Sounds like a great mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabrex View Post
    Right, so we can soulstone ourselves on the pull then suicide after the first doomguard expires. Sounds like a great mechanic.
    Who would even do this? Not saying this is the worst counter argument i have seen, but its up there.

If you were a pug in my raid, I would promptly have you kicked for wasting a battle res.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    Who would even do this? Not saying this is the worst counter argument i have seen, but its up there.
    Hell, if it was a dps gain I would totally do it on farm. Just seems like a funny mechanic to add in when there's nothing to fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell, if it was a dps gain I would totally do it on farm. Just seems like a funny mechanic to add in when there's nothing to fix.
    Great, you get to use a Doomguard twice and all it took was wasting a battle rez, having your gateway and teleport despawn, losing your foodbuff, wasting time/resources on resummoning your pet and having several members in your raid spend a GCD to rebuff you.

Honestly, the price you pay for such a small DPS gain is absolutely not worth it, nor do I think you would actually need to have that extra DPS for a fight you have on farm already.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    Honestly, the price you pay for such a small DPS gain is absolutely not worth it,
    It's a dps loss for you and your raids dps, for the reasons you mentioned.

Deleted
    5min would make it arena usable, and any buff in both pvp and pve would create a shitstorm.

"blizz whaaa lock flavour of xpac bwaaaaaaaaaa"

If you were a pug in my raid, I would promptly have you kicked for wasting a battle res.
    I actually think dieing and getting a battle ress for the sake of more dps is both insane and engageing, fits locks. The less has allready been droped for the sake of conformity and having some insane hard-to-pull stunt would be a welcome thing for a top skill group. And if everyone does there job and doesent die, good, more ress for dps. But adding it as a need for lfr crowd, nah.
    Last edited by mmoc4f448e7a9a; 2013-10-03 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    It's a dps loss for you and your raids dps, for the reasons you mentioned.
    On farm I don't care about my raids dps, if that was in an I could find a way to make in a gain I would totally abuse it

On farm I don't care about my raids dps, if that was in an I could find a way to make in a gain I would totally abuse it
    You can already do that to get double Bloodlust. Doesn't seem to be a rampant issue, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corg View Post
    You can already do that to get double Bloodlust. Doesn't seem to be a rampant issue, though.
    Not gonna say I haven't done it before for kicks. Seriously though, don't see any reason to add that functionality to doomguard. 1m free damage for a global seems just fine to me already.

Doomguard is total crap this expansion so dying, then waiting for buffs and probably wasting a chance for a chain trinket/meta gem proc would be a pretty big loss of dps. I'm not 100% sure on this because I don't really watch his low damage. Doomguard is something like 2-4% of my dps over 6 minutes, maybe even less. I mean hell, even if you forget to doomguard it's not a game changer. Honestly I wish they would just remove it and give us more damage somewhere else. Blizzard will never do that though because of how the doomguard worked in cata. Oh how I miss cata demonology.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    Great, you get to use a Doomguard twice and all it took was wasting a battle rez, having your gateway and teleport despawn, losing your foodbuff, wasting time/resources on resummoning your pet and having several members in your raid spend a GCD to rebuff you.

Honestly, the price you pay for such a small DPS gain is absolutely not worth it, nor do I think you would actually need to have that extra DPS for a fight you have on farm already.
    Fairly sure it would be a dps loss

10+ Year Old Account
    They might as well remove doomguard and infernal these days, they have received so many nerfs over the years that it's not even funny.
    Sure they still provide some dmg, but they don't feel like the all powerful cooldowns they once where.

Then again, removing them removes even more flavor from the class..

I've contemplated this for top DPS for a 2nd (or 3rd if it's a long enough fight) hero/lust.