Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I should add that I'm aware of the old Raid Finder--the one that no one uses any longer--and it's failure, for whatever reason, is not a sufficient reason for Blizzard to abandon the idea entirely. OpenRaid and oQueue are fine for what they are and welcome additions. But providing a framework/lobby where people can create groups, raids, look for guilds, look for friends from their area if they wish, should be on Blizzard.
    the old raid finder only looked for people on your own server though, which is no good if you're on an empty server like me, OQ is good because its connects people from different servers

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    the old raid finder only looked for people on your own server though, which is no good if you're on an empty server like me, OQ is good because its connects people from different servers
    So basically you are saying thanks to all the crossrealm features blizzard has developed you can now use this addon? Say thank you blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    So basically you are saying thanks to all the crossrealm features blizzard has developed you can now use this addon? Say thank you blizzard.
    more like blizzard made all this cross realm stuff available, and hasn't used it very well so far :P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    To me, Oqueue is great for quick things like heroic scenarios or rep groups and falls apart for things like raids. I personally have only had one good raid experience with Oqueue. The others turned out to be almost equal to LFR but with voice chat. And if you think it's bad reading people slamming each other in raid chat, it's 10x worse in voice chat.
    What's my point? The more people who use OQueue the larger the user base. The larger the userbase, the more likely you're going to run into people you just don't want to deal with. Now make this a built in function for WoW. I think it would be horrible.

To me, and this is just my opinion, sites like openraid will always be the way to go when grouping with people you know. There's more time to reserch players. There are raiting systems to exclude bad players. There are even ways to form groups of people who you might want to run with all the time. Tools like Oqueue don't allow for that.

So tl;dr. I wouldn't want to have oqueue built in. But it definitely has its place. But I'll always try to use a service that allows me to plan events first. And that's something i think would be great for wow to implement. I think guilds should be social and that people should be allowed to join multiple groups.

more like blizzard made all this cross realm stuff available, and hasn't used it very well so far :P
    You mean developing flex isn't using it well? listen to yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind that blizz just launched the largest raiding expansion in the history of the game EVER ANNND did it in record time.

Also the largest mount collection variety in an expansion ever + More content then you can shake a stick at + Brawlers <3 + Pet battles < Guess what H raiders who beat the game like pet battles> + Flex + Connected realms + Lots of fun rares with awesome funtime vanity items.

Blizzard has made this expac a resounding success in every way and anyone that thinks differently is a very jaded individual who will never be happy. What more could you really want.

Except there is one thing.... More 5 mans ffs? I guess scenarios do fill that gap though, They feel the same somewhat.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-10-03 at 05:19 PM.

Also, I would say Oqueue is in fact BETTER and FASTER then the current LFR raid finder.

I haven't done SOO LFR without at least a 35-40 minute queue as a DPS. Yesterday, two of the Flex's I did had more then 20 people in it, and it took about 15 minutes to fill from start to finish since I was always the 3rd or 4rd person to join. Also you have voice chat since Oqueue provides a vent.

One factor is that people who join the Flex can invite friends/guildies from there realm if someone drops or if they need a tank. One thing I hate about LFR is that when a tank drops, it takes 5+ minutes for another tank to join. But with Oqueue you can have 15-20 people each ask there guild or trade chat on their server for a tank, which is ALOT faster. Also you have a pool from the Oqueue waitlist on top of that. Plus you can armory them. Oqueue pretty much blows WoW's current LFR tool out of the water.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2013-10-03 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    You mean developing flex isn't using it well? listen to yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind that blizz just launched the largest raiding expansion in the history of the game EVER ANNND did it in record time.

but unless you already have friends on other servers flex isn't really doing it as it doesn't provide a tool to find players across all servers.

not sure why you're getting so defensive over it, im not bashing blizzard or WoW, just praising Oqueue for doing something blizzard has not yet caught onto.

Just know that everything is Kalgan's fault.

but unless you already have friends on other servers flex isn't really doing it as it doesn't provide a tool to find players across all servers.

not sure why you're getting so defensive over it, im not bashing blizzard or WoW, just praising Oqueue for doing something blizzard has not yet caught onto.
    if an addon has been developed why should blizzard make one? Remember Voice chat and Blizzard threat meter. OH GOD. Let them make the content and let us choose our addon experience KTHX.

Nevermind this is an ADDON the actual openraid has existed for awhile now and blizz prolly expected those without guilds to fill flex would likely use that resource. I mean. How hard is it REALLY to find 10 players?

Blizz should add a lazy-o-meter into the default UI. I mean seriously. The most difficult part about clearing a version of a RAID is finding.... 9 people who want to clear it. It certainly isn't the difficulty. Entitlement rabble rabble rabble.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-10-03 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinystomper View Post
    yes. it's all my fault
    Thank you! Love your addon.

Your right i misread the last bit sorry dude.
    No worries, I was just confused.

This addon sounds amazing, I need to get it.

Because Blizzard is lazy, arrogant, and selfish. The "lacking resources" excuse is just one in a long list.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

Quote Originally Posted by tinystomper View Post
    O.o (seriously... i can't rap... my head would explode. i'm closer to a metal head, tho not as hard core as i use to be)

to be fair, to deliver a world wide game platform is no small task and they've done a great job. there will always be something that could be added to improve things.

that being said, i'd love to work with them to take oQueue to the next level.

*hint*
    tinystomper..... any relation to princessstomper

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frogged View Post
    Because Blizzard is lazy, arrogant, and selfish. The "lacking resources" excuse is just one in a long list.
    Lacking because they want to get you a new expac in about 6 months from now. You're welcome

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think the response from the Blizzard CM requires a bit more understanding of "corporate devspeak." Although not outright stated, it's always a good approach to automatically attach the words "right now" to responses like that. This is because we (as the customers) always crouch our requests in the immediate since, even though we don't explicitly say it either - we'd like Blizzard to fully implement a raid browsing system that functions like oQueue *right now*. So Blizzard's response translated from devspeak is that their resources are currently devoted to other areas (e.g. the next expansion and content, IMO) so they can't focus on that *right now*. Don't be surprised if the functionality shows up integrated with the standard UI in the next expansion or a future content patch, though.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ijoemomma View Post
    The more people who use OQueue the larger the user base. The larger the userbase, the more likely you're going to run into people you just don't want to deal with.
    choose your group leader wisely. start handing out karma, good or bad, so others can get a feel for their leadership style.

if someone turns into a raging turd, i would suggest giving them bad karma and putting that person on your oQueue ban list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ijoemomma View Post
    To me, and this is just my opinion, sites like openraid will always be the way to go
    personally, it would drive me crazy to have to wait 3-4 days to finally get into a group.. only to have it fall apart before finishing. at least with oQueue, i can find a group NOW and if it fell apart, i can wait list for another.

Oqueue works well because it takes advantage of an already existing system: it essentially hijacks Battle.net through the friend lists to broadcast it's own information. So all the groundwork for Oqueue was already in place before the author even began to work on it.

If Blizzard were to implement their own cross-realm grouping system they would not be using Battle.net and friendlists to do it, this would be 100% an independent feature that would not require you to add random people to your friendlist. And as such would require much more development time than Oqueue took to create.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-10-03 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has made this expac a resounding success in every way and anyone that thinks differently is a very jaded individual who will never be happy. What more could you really want.
    unless you're a pvp'r... at which point it's... meh

as for what more could i want... the ability for a limited number of guild cities we could build and fight over

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    If Blizzard were to implement their own cross-realm grouping system they would not be using Battle.net and friendlists to do it, this would be 100% an independent feature that would not require you to add random people to your friendlist. And as such would require much more development time than Oqueue took to create.
    actually, yes and no.
    yes, blizz could do a much better job as its their platform and their tools.
    no, in that it would take blizz less time. as a server dev by trade, i can say it would be much easier for them to implement a synchronized data table across their data centers then a mesh network. it would also require less bandwidth, no need for friends list interaction, or local data storage (beyond basic settings). if working at that level, it'd be trivial to take the next step and have full character profiles in-game (it'd be in oQueue now if the community api was available in-game instead of just on the web)

- - - Updated - - -

tinystomper..... any relation to princessstomper
    sorry no. i have no idea who that is

I'll never understand people who feel the need to support major companies at every turn like they have some stake in them.

Blizzard should say thanks to the people who invented the internet for allowing them to make WoW etc...

This is pretty textbook Blizzard. They have their teams on certain projects, and generally people don't deviate from projects to start a new idea or feature for months until after it is needed... and generally those nice additions only come from copies of other addons (that everyone is using) or other MMO games.

Give it a year or so, and Blizzard will have some sort of Oqueue system built in, but don't expect it anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Give it a year or so, and Blizzard will have some sort of Oqueue system built in, but don't expect it anytime soon.
    if they hooked me up with 1 other dev and matrix in a graphics person, we could get something going in short order