Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    "Today in awesome parenting news: A father, who learned that his daughter disowned his grandson because he was gay, responded in the most amazing way."

Oh yeah, because two wrongs make a right, amirite? If this is real, the dad's being a fucking hypocrite.
    No, the father is using this situation as an opportunity to teach his intolerant daughter how to behave regarding her children. He's chastising her for her failure as a parent and leaving the door open for her to return to the family.

But you'll probably never read this, so I probably shouldn't even bother posting it. You seem like the type to just drop in, talk some bullshit, and leave the thread so you don't have to listen to people put you in your place. Prove me wrong.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Mainly because 3/4 of this forum have weird sexual orientations, so you either get frowned upon dare you say anything against it, or completely ignored if you stir up no controversy. Just look at the replies I got....
    You get them for a reason. This being the reason.

Long story short, they deserve each other.3 generations,all as equally as dumb as the other.

Was that comment even needed?

Deleted
    Stir up more conversation about gays...that is the reason. Like it wasn't disgusting enough with all those fake-persecuted-gays-stories, now we got this piece of crap which, in all honesty, who gives 2 shits about?
    Long story short, they deserve each other.3 generations,all as equally as dumb as the other.
    Stir up more conversation about gays...that is the reason.
    More discussion about minority rights and places in society is a good thing, oft the majority doesn't understand the bias they hold towards them - And in America, most people are still holding archaic attitudes towards homosexuality, and to a greater extent transgendered folk (Whom the average age of death, is around early 30s - leading cause? Suicide.)

Like it wasn't disgusting enough with all those fake-persecuted-gays-stories
    What? Who pissed in your cup of tea... I can't remember any fake persecuted gay "stories", i invite you to substantiate that claim.

now we got this piece of crap which, in all honesty, who gives 2 shits about
    I do, i care about it a lot. Disowning a family member due to there sexuality is abhorrent, i expect the same kind of behavior in nations from the ME - Except they'd go the full length and stone them after disowning.

Long story short, they deserve each other.3 generations,all as equally as dumb as the other
    Right... Well, i support any public shaming of homophobes - More the better.

Just curious however, why did you come in here with such open and naked hostility. Do you genuinely feel angry with this article/ letter - Or do you actually dislike gay people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly because 3/4 of this forum have weird sexual orientations, so you either get frowned upon dare you say anything against it, or completely ignored if you stir up no controversy. Just look at the replies I got....
    You get frowned upon for making a stink over something that is hardly a big deal. Nobody cares if you approve or disapprove of a sexual orientation, least of all the people with that sexual orientation. Your opinion on it is irrelevant in almost every conceivable way.

That being said, you are correct. I'm sexually attracted to trees.

10+ Year Old Account
    You got the replies you deserve. You implied that the grandson had done something wrong, when he hadn't. You didn't even back up your arguments.

I don't think it's real, as this isn't the type of speech that would be delivered via a letter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the fuck sends hand written letters anymore. Even my 87 year old grandmother uses email.

I hate how both sides just fabricate shit to skew their agenda.

I wish homosexuality would stop being an issue so we can get on to things that actually matter. Who gives a shit about guys consensually sucking a dick or likewise with the female on female rug munching. Meanwhile the environment goes to shit and the wealth distribution is a joke.

I mean, if you think homosexuality offends you, you should see what crazy shit I do to get off (and it's between me and females). I should be locked the fuck up.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2013-10-03 at 07:52 PM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I think the only weird sexual orientation is that odd one that's straight but has an issues with gays as though we're sneaking in their houses and raping them...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Who the fuck sends hand written letters anymore. Even my 87 year old grandmother uses email.

I hate how both sides just fabricate shit to skew their agenda.

I wish homosexuality would stop being an issue so we can get on to things that actually matter. Who gives a shit about guys consensually sucking a dick or likewise with the female on female rug munching. Meanwhile the environment goes to shit and the wealth distribution is a joke.

I mean, if you think homosexuality offends you, you should see what crazy shit I do to get off (and it's between me and females). I should be locked the fuck up.
    Are you one of thsoe people that the government can only work on one thing at a time? I mean we always have money don't we how can we possibly work on the environment if we also have to work on economics oh no!

- - - Updated - - -

Stir up more conversation about gays...that is the reason. Like it wasn't disgusting enough with all those fake-persecuted-gays-stories, now we got this piece of crap which, in all honesty, who gives 2 shits about?
    I don't know I tend to care about rights and gay issues as they pertain to me... and i'm sure other people who are for equality care too.

Long story short, you have a pissy attitude, for whatever reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you see my boy people have these two concepts termed "Perspective" and "Opinion". While it is in your opinion that this isn't a big issue, most likely due to your perspective on this matter, someone else may differ completely. For example, awhile ago a gay guy lost his partner and because he was unable to marry or be recognized as his partners family he wasn't allowed to attend the funeral because his partners religious parents did not wish him to.

To that man this issue most certainly does matter.
    Last edited by Puck; 2013-10-03 at 07:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean...someone on the internet may have fabricated something in order to get attention from other people on the internet?

Obviously such a thing is unheard of and in every way impossible.

Sarcasm aside, I can't really say I care and I wouldn't be surprised if it's fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Are you one of thsoe people that the government can only work on one thing at a time? I mean we always have money don't we how can we possibly work on the environment if we also have to work on economics oh no!
    Of course they can work on multiple issues, but every issue takes a slice of the pie. There are more pressing matters. Doesn't help that they use trivial things to cover over the things that we should really be focusing on.

Of course they can work on multiple issues, but every issue takes a slice of the pie. There are more pressing matters. Doesn't help that they use trivial things to cover over the things that we should really be focusing on.
    gay rights is a trivial issue? The denial of righst and no equal protection in the majority of the usa for a minority is a trivial issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they can work on multiple issues, but every issue takes a slice of the pie. There are more pressing matters.
    That is a matter of opinion. Everyone has a different idea on what is the most "pressing matter".

Don't be arrogant enough to assume issues that only affect you are the only issues that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    That is a matter of opinion. Everyone has a different idea on what is the most "pressing matter".

Don't be arrogant enough to assume issues that only affect you are the only issues that matter.
    Ok but why should an issue that doesn't effect me matter to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    Ok but why should an issue that doesn't effect me matter to me?
    It shouldn't. Therefore, pass it and get it out of the way. Lovely how that works.

fake persecuted stories!?!? is that the new story extremists are saying now?

10+ Year Old Account
    What should we be focusing on instead? And why can't we focus on two things at once? I mean, it's not like the whole world is one brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    gay rights is a trivial issue? The denial of righst and no equal protection in the majority of the usa for a minority is a trivial issue?
    See, here is the thing I hate about both sides of this issue. If you read my first post, you would clearly see that I support gay rights (calling it trivial because it is an obvious choice). But because my opinion doesn't align 100% with yours, you find ways to attack and demonize me. The same goes for others on the opposite side. Two sides of the same mentally handicapped coin.

You guys are going way off topic, the thread is asking for evidence of whether or not this is fake.

See, here is the thing I hate about both sides of this issue. If you read my first post, you would clearly see that I support gay rights (calling it trivial because it is an obvious choice). But because my opinion doesn't align 100% with yours, you find ways to attack and demonize me. The same goes for others on the opposite side. Two sides of the same mentally handicapped coin.
    What is an obvious choice? I didn't demonize you, you said it was trivial, and I said why it isn't, now you feel demonized? If you feel demonized it's because you should be realizing how ignorant it is to say it's a trivial issue.