Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I really think they should atleast give Bart a new teacher, and let Edna either move away or die, there's little point in keeping her as a silent character.
    They've already stated they plan on retiring her...I don't think they'll be keeping her around as silent character, they'll say she retired from the school and moved away, most likely.

I'd imagine bart will show up and find a new teacher, then prolly harras skinner to find out where krabapple went. They'll prolly come up with something sappy for the character, so as not to upset the fans, and then she'll simply not be mentioned again (outside of the odd joke reference)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

I hope it's gonna be Sideshow Mel

Just because I would get rid of him

Quote Originally Posted by mothandras View Post
    It has been confirmed that one of the 'Major' Characters in the Simpsons will die this season (25).

Who do you think and why?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4022964.html
    There's some news about the matter, the character thats going to die will be in season 26's premiere ''Clown in the Dumps''. Airing on September 28. I guess the thread title needs to be changed from season 25 to season 26, as the episode was pushed back to season 26. I could've made a new thread but why bother if we already have one with some discussion left :P

There's heavy speculation that the character who's going to die will be either Krusty or his father Rabbi Krustovski.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/20/si...8ccc19673c1ba5
    Last edited by McNeil; 2014-07-21 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I hope it is Lisa! I have never liked her.

And I sure hope it is not Mr Burns, he is one of my fav character. But it would make sense for it to be Burns, he is the oldest one in the series.
    I hate Lisa too. It can't be Mr Burns, they need a villain to keep things fresh. I wonder if it's Sknner's mom, Marge's mom, Officer Lou's partner, the pastor's wife, Hanz Monann, Jainy, Snowball (again), the senior citizen with the long beard, one of Fat Tony's henchmen, comic book guy, or bumble bee man. Maybe an official send-off to Troy Maclure since his voice actor's dead?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Quote from some newspaper:
    I’ll give you a clue that the actor playing the character won an Emmy for playing that character, but I won’t say who it is,” executive producer Al Jean told Canada’s Sun News.
    The show’s list of winners in the Outstanding Voice-Over Performance category include:
    * Anne Hathaway as Princess Penelope (2010)
    * Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson (2009)
    * Kelsey Grammer as Sideshow Bob (2006)
    * Dan Castellaneta as “various characters” (2004)
    * Hank Azaria as “various characters” (2003)
    * Hank Azaria as “various characters” (2001)
    * Hank Azaria as Apu (1998)
    * Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson (1993)

Additionally, six separate actors took home the prize in 1992 — Nancy Cartwright (Bart); Jackie Mason (Rabbi Krustofsky); Julie Kavner (Marge, Patty, Selma and Marge’s Mother); Yeardley Smith (Lisa); Marcia Wallace (Mrs. Krabappel); and Dan Castellaneta (Homer and Grandpa Simpson).

So if I understand correctly these are the possible ones, excluding core characters.
    1. Princess Penelope (who?)
    2. Sideshow Bob
    3. Lots of various characters
    4. Apu (doubt it)
    5. Rabbi Krustofsky (Krusty's dad?)
    6. Patty, Selma or Marge's Mom (probably the last one)
    7. Mrs. Krabappel
    8. Grandpa Simpson

Number 3 makes it a lot harder to guess :/
    When Marcia Wallace died, it was confirmed as someone other than Mrs. Krabappel.

Edit: Milhouse's dog? Is a major character defined just as recurring? MacBane?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Which is exactly why this is big news, because this would be canon.

My guess is Apu. They've been regretting his racial stereotype for years now. And people need to stop guessing characters that are already out of the running (not voiced by Emmy award winner).
    Which character can't fall under misc voices?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    She'll either take early retirement or have been reassigned to a new school. I don't see them killing off Edna Krabapple. They didn't kill off Phil Hartman's characters when he died back in 1998 (Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure).
    So what did they do with Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaka View Post
    They are not going to going to kill off Edna so stop bringing that up... She will likely move away completely.

On topic, I think it will be Sideshow Bob because there really isn't much left they haven't already done with him or Apu who has faded into the background in recent years but was still a core character overall. Now if they wanted to straight for the heartstrings... Grandpa or Homer himself would just be devastating.
    They can't have season 26 without Homer.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2014-07-21 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I hope it's gonna be Sideshow Mel

Just because I would get rid of him
    Its also quite possible that it will be him. Could Krusty get sad if Sideshow Mel died :P?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post

So what did they do with Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure?
    Nothing. They just didn't reappear.

From someone who never wants the show to end, they already jumped the shark with Maud, they gotta stop killing characters to get viewers. It's as bad as Family Guy and Brian. They need to do less with the town and concentrate on the daily adventures of the family.

I hope they deal with this death much better then with Maude, they could've done that episode a lot better.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/21/59...t-month-before

FXX to marathon every single episode (and the movie) from August 22nd to September the 1st.