Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SoO Heroic 10 Linear or Not so much?

We all know ToT heroics were anything but linear. Ji-kun probably even easier than Jinrokh and IQ being next in line even Twins you could argue is in the top 5 of easier fights.

How has 10 man in SoO turned out for heroics? From a guild who doesnt raid many hours we expect to down Garrosh tonight and would like to put the most logical time into bosses next week. We realize Immerseus is ezmode, any other pushovers for a guild that doesnt necessarily have the time to bang our heads in order.

Any advice is great ty

10+ Year Old Account
    First 7 seem well laid out, but Nazgrim is probably the easiest boss in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Norushen is probably the easiest of the first 8, at least since the change lol.

It does ramp up after that though. Currently on spoils and it seemed more demanding than Malkorok.

Deleted
    I would say in 10 man

Tier 1 heroics - Norushen, Galakras
    Tier 2 heroics - Immerseus, Protectors, Nazgrim
    Tier 3 heroics - Sha of Pride, Iron Juggernaut, Dark Shamans
    Tier 4 heroics - Malkorok, Spoils
    Thok - Thok......................................
    Tier 6 heroics - Siegecrafter, Paragons
    Garrosh

I would just go linear. The first 8 are all pretty easy. If you want to split hairs, Norushen is probably the easiest (easier than Immerseus). Malkorok is the first hard boss and it starts ramping up from there.

Thanks for the info! I am kinda shocked that something is easier than Immerseus, it looks so simple. Norushen I havn't looked much up on.

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    Thanks for the info! I am kinda shocked that something is easier than Immerseus, it looks so simple. Norushen I havn't looked much up on.

Thanks guys.
    Immerseus is just annoying because the DoT stack thing he does when you use abilities. Bad Swirls can also cause problems. If you don't have hybrid DPS, the last few down phases might be rough too.

Norushen is just normal mode with bigger numbers now. Heroic week 1 you could just ignore all the mechanics and burn him with only tanks and healers doing the solo challenge thing (so no adds until <50). It's slightly harder now (because DPS actually have to do things), but he's really undertuned and more gear just makes him easier. I wish they made the initial "intended" heroic strat work and pumped up the numbers a bit; that would have made the fight more fun and challenging, but also leave it a bit out of place as far as linear difficulty tuning.

10+ Year Old Account
    We 2 shot Norushen. Immerseus is also very easy, but took a few hours to get it sorted due to healer issues for us. Protectors is a bit more complicated but isn't much different from normal. Sha of Pride is a step up, probably a full evenings work, we got to 3% after 90 mins on it.

I've heard Nazgrim is very easy as well, but can't say for sure.

Gauging the bosses we've killed so far and are aiming to get sorted this week, I'd say that linear is a fine way to go all in all; but Immerseus, Norushen and (guessing by advice from other guilds) Nazgrim are a cut below the rest. Once you get to Malkorok onwards, everything is a step up of course!
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I would say in 10 man

Tier 1 heroics - Norushen, Galakras
    Tier 2 heroics - Immerseus, Protectors, Nazgrim
    Tier 3 heroics - Sha of Pride, Iron Juggernaut, Dark Shamans
    Tier 4 heroics - Malkorok, Spoils
    Thok - Thok......................................
    Tier 6 heroics - Siegecrafter, Paragons
    Garrosh
    Thok was really easy imo. Killed it in 3 hours. most of the time was spent doing the huge run back =/ 20 pulls?

Onto Mimiron roidversion 2.0

I can see how he might be horrible on 10 man though. I suppose.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-10-03 at 08:34 PM.

Having downed 8/14 hc so far in 10 man mode, its somewhat linear but not entirely. Reflecting my experience and disscussion with guild members from a frost dk point of view.

Immerseus can be quite nasty sometimes, but is kinda easy, still no Jin'rokh.

Fallen protectors are fine in the next spot, a little step up, where you have some requirements.

Norushen - pre nerf in 10 man fine in spot (assuming no nuking, which was not working on 10 man depending on set up and gearing so far anyway), now too easy, still a little dmg race but nothing else also not too hard to beat for its being the only interesting thing in the fight.

Sha of Pride - Bigger step up, you have a bit from everything, dmg and heal requirements, personal duties, movement and coordination. Definetly a good step up for being the wing endboss and a token boss.

Galakras - easier than sha, the new element is a joke and as logn as you don't run around like dumb the fight is just a bit longer than normal with somewhat bigger numbers, p2 is using def cooldowns intelligently and burn the boss, but if you can beat protectors and norushen you will also have enough dps and hps for gala p2, p1 is a matter how you organize your dps, but shouldn't be a problem.

Juggernaut - Step up from Galakras but not harder than Sha of Pride. You can easily gimp p2, by letting you get blown to the corner in the back of the fighting area, ignoring its canons, just staying there healing through it and using deff cds on the knockback. P1 just has higher numbers, need to be more careful on the mines and such, dmg requirements rather low looking at the earlier bosses, more interesting for healers but no massacre.

Dark Shaman - The hardest boss of the first 8. 2 ways to beat them, 1 tanking them together like on normal and feel hell, lots of positioning stuff, many possible random oneshots, lots of running and bursty dmg, you position yourself wrong and you're done for, well playable if you do it right though, still somewhat hard.
    The second is having a third tank and tank them apart, makes the boss easier and more calm, but the 2 tanks with the healer in the back with haromm are likely to die somewhere in the enrage phase, end will be brutally hectic as you run short on cooldowns and want to pull the bosses back together. (for less hectic 2 healers in the 2 tank team, but then on current gear the enrage could get nasty).

General Nazgrim . A lot is said of how easy the boss is, for 25 man i give you that as not more adds are spawning, just more hp, but on 10 man i would him rank the second hardest on the first 8. The fight is pretty calm and such, no overflow no explosions but the adds hit pretty damn hard and want to be ccd, where you depending on setup have limited resources of. Handling the adds wrong also can kill you quite fast, the boss if very unforgiving if you're doing it wrong. The last add spawn can smash you to pieces, its like who burns faster, you the boss or the adds you, controlling them is kinda meh, killing them even more. Also if you don't take the sleepy mode waiting over 8 minutes for the last spawn to trigger you even might get a second wave spawning shortly after the big wave, resulting in 8 adds blowing you up.
    He CAN be easy, but the other ones were not really more chlallenging just more shiny things to fly around.

Looking at videos and such, from there on it looks very linear, the first 8 are set up depending and have probably some switches here and there but the most linear content until now.

My ranking in short, beginning with the most difficult, of the first 8:

1. Dark Shaman
    2. General Nazgrim
    2. Sha of Pride
    4. Iron Juggernaut
    5. Galakras
    6. Pre-nerf Norushen (proper tactic)
    7. Fallen Protectors
    8. Norushen
    8. Immerseus

Deleted
    You'll be surprised how easily you can lose people on Immerseus. He's harder than protectors IMO.
    Norushen my guild two shot. That says it all.

Sha of Pride is tough man. It's such a fucking great fight. Getting used to those timings man and not messing it up. If something goes wrong ONCE, everything spirals out of control. If someone has a tip about this fight, please tell me. Anyways this fight is very enjoyable.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep the rifts under control. It's very easy to lose control if people start ignoring them. The only time we ignore them is right around swelling pride cast, and in the last phase (although tanks will still soak them then).

The physical copy people leave behind for the pacman phase needs to be killed immediately.

Other than that do normal perfectly and never ignore something on that encounter. If you run two healers there are times where they won't have the titans buff in order to dispel without pride gain. Our healers would dispel anyways if they though someone was in danger or they got multiple stacks. Retribution Paladins can also dispel with sacrifice.

I liked Sha of Pride on heroic, I thought it was one of the better crafted encounters of the first 8. It would be a really great encounter if it was placed later in the instance and tuned a lot tighter. As it is, it's moderate mechanics check with the numbers check being fairly easy.

Deleted
    Is there any trick for Immerseus' swirl?
    80% of all swirls start right next to us, going through the raid which makes it much harder to control the small adds aggroing the healers (we have warri and druid tank).

If you have bad dpsers you will be stuck on Norushen most likely.
    He has really tight enrage timers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Thok was really easy imo. Killed it in 3 hours. most of the time was spent doing the huge run back =/ 20 pulls?

Onto Mimiron roidversion 2.0

I can see how he might be horrible on 10 man though. I suppose.
    Yeah, that is something I have heard from a lot of 25 man guilds. Honestly without tryig to start a 10v25 debate, I think Thok is significantly harder on 10 than 25. Whie most bosses in my opinion are a bit easier in 10 than 25, I think Thok is the exception to that rule. A 25 man guild that is the second on our realm struggled a lot on earlier heroics, relatively speaking (as compared to the nr 1 25 man guild and our 10 man guild) they are really really far behind in players, yet they steamrolled thok down in one evening. Our 10 man had a lot of troubles with Thok, mostly all the bugs. The fight itself is not hard, but 66% of the wipes was due to all the extensive bugs on the encounter.

Getting to Siegecrafter after Thok was just a relief. Every wipe on Siegecrafter we just thought "Atleast we are not on thok!". I spent the remaining 3 progress hours on siegecrafter of our raid after downing Thok just feeling a giant relief in my chest and a smile on my face. Progressing Siegecrafter is so much more fun than Thok.

Going through it again this week on farm, we one shotted most bosses, had 1-2 wipes on some bosses because we had 3 new players, but we wiped almost 20 times on Thok. That means we wiped over 100% more on Thok farm than all the other heroic farm bosses together.

If thok was working as intended it would probably not be as bad, but I still think Thok was significantly harder than Malkorok and Spoils. Honestly, Siegecrafter and Thok is feeling closer to eachother in difficulty than Thok and Spoils from my guilds PoV.

Again, simply speaking from my guilds PoV here. Other peoples experience may vary.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-10-03 at 10:45 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    For Immerseus if the swirl is too close we just pop CDs and let it hit everybody. If you try to continually outrun it knowing that you're going to get hit, you will get hit multiple times. Might as well sit still if you can't move right in time and let it hit you. It doesn't instantly kill you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    You'll be surprised how easily you can lose people on Immerseus. He's harder than protectors IMO.
    Norushen my guild two shot. That says it all.

Sha of Pride is tough man. It's such a fucking great fight. Getting used to those timings man and not messing it up. If something goes wrong ONCE, everything spirals out of control. If someone has a tip about this fight, please tell me. Anyways this fight is very enjoyable.
    Agree about Sha, awesome fight, downed it tonight, about 35 pulls total IIRC, which is about as many pulls as it took us to down Protectors. If you're not doing it already, make sure that your tanks take care of the second prison on their own, and make sure that everyone soaks rifts whenever feasible. You'll get lulls early in the fight with barely any rifts up, but if you slack on rifts, it can and will snowball completely out of control in phase 2, where we had numerous sub 5%-wipes (including one at 3 mil HP left. Ugh!) due to just that. You can also more or less ignore the little adds completely if you're DPS; just make sure a tank picks them up and let them be cleaved down slowly. Also, bring a disc. Spirit Shell makes damage from Swelling Pride a complete pushover.

A general tip for Norushen and Sha, btw, is to make sure your paladin tank, if you have one, runs with DP and EF. Tank damage isn't particularly high on either fight (in fact it's laughably low on Sha unless you're tanking a trillion adds...), but 100k+ vengeance EF offheals can and will save your raiders when the proverbial excrements collide with the ventilator - I was doing almost 80k HPS as prot on Norushen, to put it in perspective.

Deleted
    Judging from this thread, difficulty seems relative to various guilds. We wiped like 20 times on Immerseus, then did Protectors in under 10 pulls with 2 healers, Norushen in 3 pulls, but we haven't been able to put a dent in Sha yet in something like 15 pulls. We've gotten to 50% but just get overwhelmed by rifts. Feels very uncontrolled for us so far.

We went in and checked further to see what Juggernaut was like and we can beat him in another 5 pulls probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post

Thanks guys.
    Weird right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    We 2 shot Norushen. Immerseus is also very easy, but took a few hours to get it sorted due to healer issues for us. Protectors is a bit more complicated but isn't much different from normal. Sha of Pride is a step up, probably a full evenings work, we got to 3% after 90 mins on it.

I've heard Nazgrim is very easy as well, but can't say for sure.

Gauging the bosses we've killed so far and are aiming to get sorted this week, I'd say that linear is a fine way to go all in all; but Immerseus, Norushen and (guessing by advice from other guilds) Nazgrim are a cut below the rest. Once you get to Malkorok onwards, everything is a step up of course!
    We also 2 shot norushen tonight. First attempt was a 3% wipe on enrage during which i genuinely had to ask other members of the raid if we'd accidentally switched to normal.