Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Again, the only difference between then and now is there being less decisions to come to the same basic conclusion, trading of dmg / survivability / utility with one another.

    Keep raiding that LFR and thinking you know anything =)
    Less options != less decisions. That you changed 10 points around doesn't mean that you had to make 10 decisions.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    wut? What about choosing a talent that give you 5% armor change your play? You really played back then?
    Grasping at straws now cherry picker.

    Let's see, oh these druid "talents" are such game changers. Lets see here, oh 3 different versions of the same movement boosting ability, how innovative.

    Several of your posts in this thread contain insults directed at another user. This infraction covers the content of more than one post. Even when engaged in a discussion where you disagree with someone, please refrain from flaming/insulting other users. Thanks!
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-10-07 at 05:02 PM.

  3. #103
    The Patient Eduardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sports Hell, Cleveland Ohio
    Posts
    278
    Everyone seems to bash the 5% more of something but I remember from when I was a tank in BC and before I might choose to take a dpser talent in place of a tank one once a boss was on farm.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    Buddha

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Grasping at straws now cherry picker.

    Let's see, oh these druid "talents" are such game changers. Lets see here, oh 3 different versions of the same movement boosting ability, how innovative.
    lol you are clueless. Healing tier for example nature's vigil and Heart of the Wild are both legit talent and make you play differently. The same goes for DoC and HotW for feral.

  5. #105
    They replaced talents that actually improved your character through dmg / healing / mitigation with a bunch of perks that are trying waay to hard to be utility. All you end up with is a choice between 3 things that are practically the same perk.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    lol you are clueless. Healing tier for example nature's vigil and Heart of the Wild are both legit talent and make you play differently. The same goes for DoC and HotW for feral.
    Lol, what amounts to a choice between 2 passives and a healing cooldown.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    They replaced talents that actually improved your character through dmg / healing / mitigation with a bunch of perks that are trying waay to hard to be utility. All you end up with is a choice between 3 things that are practically the same perk.
    What if they all do damage? You can't change that fundamental aspect. The point is they make you play differently.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    They replaced talents that actually improved your character through dmg / healing / mitigation with a bunch of perks that are trying waay to hard to be utility. All you end up with is a choice between 3 things that are practically the same perk.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Lol, what amounts to a choice between 2 passives and a healing cooldown.
    LOL because it's not a passive that only give you 5% damage?

  7. #107
    I just wish the talent system, whatever it was, would allow niche builds like tanking moonkins. The Panzerkin was a fun concept in TBC.

  8. #108
    How's this, can we go back to a vanilla esque talent tree?

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I just wish the talent system, whatever it was, would allow niche builds like tanking moonkins. The Panzerkin was a fun concept in TBC.
    Playing around with Rangadin on Isle, because fuck you Blizz with your "let's shit on Melee all the time" design for mechanics, and I have to say I do miss some of the aspects of the older system. Literally, if Wrath (Via Symbiosis) generated CP, as it replaces Crusader Strike in your rotations effectively, and WoG with Glyph of Harsh Words benefited from Mastery I could probably see it being remotely used.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

  10. #110
    I think the current system is OK, but I think it exists more out of homogeneity than usefulness. What I mean is, in BC/Wrath you could do all sorts of silly talent specs that were varying levels of usefulness. I liked that and I also liked that alongside that there were cookie cutter specs that were pretty normal for raiding. The reality is the latter is still the case and the former just got clipped. I liked in BC when I was Hemo/Swords spec, and didn't go all the way down any trees, but cherry picked useful talents. That's interesting to me, so I would like something like that brought back. But maybe just ignore the 5 pts in each talent and just make it one. So you get to go down a tree, but it's less hectic. Less points, but still lots of choice.

  11. #111
    I think the biggest advantage to the current system is that it allows you to swap builds more easily. But we still have builds now like we had builds then. You can find a tier here or there that might be an exception but for the most part there are still right and wrong choices.

    The only difference now is that we get 1 point every 15 levels because they took all the other points and either baked them into the specs or they made them talent choices. It can be argued that the new system is better but I don't think anyone can convince me it's much of an improvement over the old trees.

    In the next expansion I'd like to see another revamp along with a drastic reduction in base abilities.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    I think the current system is OK, but I think it exists more out of homogeneity than usefulness. What I mean is, in BC/Wrath you could do all sorts of silly talent specs that were varying levels of usefulness. I liked that and I also liked that alongside that there were cookie cutter specs that were pretty normal for raiding. The reality is the latter is still the case and the former just got clipped. I liked in BC when I was Hemo/Swords spec, and didn't go all the way down any trees, but cherry picked useful talents. That's interesting to me, so I would like something like that brought back. But maybe just ignore the 5 pts in each talent and just make it one. So you get to go down a tree, but it's less hectic. Less points, but still lots of choice.
    While cookie cutter is still the case but we have got many more than 1 cookie cutter now depending on encounters and some of them change your rotation/how you play. This is already an improvement over the old talent.

    The old talent, you had 1 spec fit-all for serious raiding and MAYBE switching some talents you either do more dmg or tougher but it would't change how you play because all it did was giving %. Noone will use all those silly builds in heroic raiding too.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Considering blizzards track record, odds are they dumb it down even further. My guess is another "overhaul" that you hear about at blizzcon, where they might just remove talents altogether lol.
    To be honest, as they stand now, removal is not an issue in my book.
    I don't find the talents fun, cool or whatever. It doesn't matter if they are there or not.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post
    Everyone seems to bash the 5% more of something but I remember from when I was a tank in BC and before I might choose to take a dpser talent in place of a tank one once a boss was on farm.
    Unfortunately, Blizzard ignored people who like unconventional builds, interesting leveling builds, hybrid specs.

    Blizzard thinks everyone needs to min/max for current progression and there can only be one cookie cutter.

    Not true!

    Now we do have the cookie cutters, because the talent tree has very few choices.

  15. #115
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    How's this, can we go back to a vanilla esque talent tree?
    Doubtful. If the system is still so broken that we're no better off now than we were in Vanilla, Blizz'll likely just declare talents unfixable and axe the whole system.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Doubtful. If the system is still so broken that we're no better off now than we were in Vanilla, Blizz'll likely just declare talents unfixable and axe the whole system.
    They would gladly do that if the playerbase keep applauding any detrimental change they make.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •