Thread: A new Mount

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirr View Post
    My best guess would be annual pass to trap people in the game for a year of SoO but then again I don't think the mounts in the pic are original/ impressive enough for it.
    Theyve already said they have no new plans for an annual pass. That was just a couple months ago

A new Recruit a Friend mount will probably just happend at a new expansion. It doesn't make much sense to just randomly change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

this image was posted on the World of Warcraft(official) FaceBook, what do you guys think? What is it for?

Greed/Red(Orange) color and antlers make me think about something linked with x-mass.
    im pretty sure everytime theyve ever posted a mount or pet on their official pages it was either a blizzstore or a collectors edition

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    What's weird is that they write that it is a reward from something, and that we would have to wait and see from what.
    probably pre expansion event then
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Hmm... the colors are kind of bleh but it's got the same texture upgrade as the Operation Shieldwall Gryphons so woot.

Oh uh it's probably a new store mount or tied into a new annual pass, though I could have sworn they said they weren't doing the annual pass again.
    The shieldwall gryphon was an upgraded generic gryphon. Regardless of color, it showed what the future of those mounts SHOULD look like.

My guess is that this is the same thing but for hyppogrif mounts.

I love hippogryphs!

Deleted
    My guess is Collector's Edition reward from the new expansion they are going to reveal at BlizzCon...kinda like the Imperial Quilen was to MoP, being available right when the pre-patch (NOT 5.5 mind you!) drops, ie. 6.0.1. Either that, or something linked to the 5.5 content, which also may lead into the next expansion. ...Emerald Dream, anyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea. Annual Pass, maybe?
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    My bet is: the new mount for the Scroll of Resurrection

What really sucks is I would absolutely love that mount but if it's something like SoR, I have virtually no way to even buy it with cash.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Hippogryphs are my weak spot. Maybe there is another hint there?

I wonder if its Alliance-only and if there will be a Horde version

It could be a reward for the events in 5.5.

Well, they said they had no plans to do another Annual Pass a few months ago.

The original name of the image file said "AMountForFriends.jpg" when Chaud first posted it. I don't know if that's reflective of Blizzard's intentions or if it doesn't mean anything at all.

Blizzard described it as a "New hippogryph mount reward, coming soon."

Reward, I feel, implies annual pass, RaF, or SoR, and not Blizzard Store or some sort of in-game mount. It's possible that it's a reward for something we haven't heard of yet.

I wonder if the three mounts that we don't have a source for and that don't seem to fit the current theme of Mists- the Faerie Dragon, Stromcrow, and now this Hippogryff- are a thematic indicator of the upcoming expansion? I suppose we'll find out in November.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks pretty good but I hate that it has the same beak as the new gryphon. The hippogryphs in game have longer, tapering bills that look like ravens. Which, the wow hippogryphs are raven and stag/horsey hybrids. Now its just... meh. I like the colors and upgraded textures are nice but I'm dissapointed that it borrows so much from the upgraded gryphon. It also has the same clunky feel to it, and why does it have random feathers on the bottom of its feet :< Don't mind me, disgruntled at changes that don't seem to be needed on the model...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

Reward, I feel, implies annual pass, RaF, or SoR, and not Blizzard Store or some sort of in-game mount. It's possible that it's a reward for something we haven't heard of yet.
    Hey,

stop using logic.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Seems like they've given the Hippgryph skin a similar art makeover to the Gryphon and Wind Rider mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    "New hippogryph mount reward", coming soon. I don't think its a Store Mount looks like a new Recruit a Friend Mount.
    I don't think so, all the previous ones have been 2-seaters.

Well except the Zhevra, which was a ground mount. (P.S. bring back Zhevras )
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I dunno, looks neat though. I'm still waiting for the fae drake to come out and that was months ago.. probably won't see this for awhile.

Well, they said they had no plans to do another Annual Pass a few months ago.

The original name of the image file said "AMountForFriends.jpg" when Chaud first posted it. I don't know if that's reflective of Blizzard's intentions or if it doesn't mean anything at all.

I wonder if the three mounts that we don't have a source for and that don't seem to fit the current theme of Mists- the Faerie Dragon, Stromcrow, and now this Hippogryff- are a thematic indicator of the upcoming expansion? I suppose we'll find out in November.
    Very good point. I had completely forgotten about the Stormcrow and the Faerie Dragon mounts that were datamined. Given the Hippogryphs "Emerald" coloring, I'd say its pointing to some type of Dream event. Now that could be anything from an expansion, major patch, or a Hearthstone crossover. We'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Very good point. I had completely forgotten about the Stormcrow and the Faerie Dragon mounts that were datamined. Given the Hippogryphs "Emerald" coloring, I'd say its pointing to some type of Dream event. Now that could be anything from an expansion, major patch, or a Hearthstone crossover. We'll have to wait and see.
    Emereald Dream would be my guess as well, but I know I'm biased because I really, really want an Emerald Dream expansion. It could indicate that an Emerald Dream expansion will be next, or, like you said, it could indicate something Dream-related as pat of a major patch event, Hearthstone promotion, or some other tie-in. Only time will tell.

I feel like we already have the Hearthstone promotional mount, so this probably doesn't have to do with Hearthstone. I don't think Blizzard is doing any other tie-ins that would fit with this mount (if "Heroes of the Storm" is a legitimate trademark and isn't the next expansion, that could be it? Stormcrow?).

So, the only conclusion I can reasonably come to, assuming it isn't related to something we haven't heard a word about (which is possible), would be Emerald Dream or otherwise druid/night elf related content, either as an expansion or as a major feature of an expansion.

Or... it could have nothing to do with anything and we're looking for patterns where none exist, but I hope not!

Been wondering myself, they're all Druidic-themed. Shrug.

Then again sometimes they just do random mounts because they like the way they look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    its RaF, calm your tits.