Enemy Unit Frames

I was wondering if there was a enemy unit frames addon to help in target swapping, DoT spreading and CCing. I checked the internets but I'm bad at google and it seems like an issue with WoWs target frame designs.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/arenalive-unitframes This appears to be something close since it is something one can easily click on but in truth I would really like something like Healbot but with enemy raid frames that I can simply click onto and depending on the button/combo pressed.

Anything out there that seems to work like that?

Also I remember a long time ago a mate of mine spoke about an addon that would show who was targeting you. That would be awesome if there was something along those line too.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Arena frames work because of each opponent having what is known as a UnitID.
    Arena1-Arena5, pet, player, target, focus etc in addition to targets of those units, like PlayerTarget, PetTarget and so on.
    There are no such ID's for hostile players outside of arena and not for most hostile NPC's aside from selected encounters where some are considered a Boss, and so there can be no clickable frames for those.

Frames to display dot durations etc are possible, but they will not be clickable or used to target in any way.

Deleted
    Gladius or GladiusEx should both do what you want.
    At least they have the click-thingy, a buff-/debuffframe(gladiusEx at least), trinket-/dispeltimers and much more
    Im not sure about the "targetting you" feature.

Ps: I think the attempt of clicking on a unitframe to fear/silence/whatever is not the best idea because of missclicks and the time you need to move your mouse on the unitframes. Especially in pvp.
    But everyone has to decide for him-/herself
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2013-10-03 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    At least they have the click-thingy, a buff-/debuffframe(gladiusEx at least), trinket-/dispeltimers and much more

Ps: I think the attempt of clicking on a unitframe to fear/silence/whatever is not the best idea because of missclicks and the time you need to move your mouse on the unitframes. Especially in pvp.
    Those are just for arena.

Most people tend to use mouseovers which do the same thing but rather require someone to have the macro and the keybind within hands reach. This is really close. The misclick I can get though, would be interesting to try find a way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Those are just for arena.
    This would only be for arena. In RBGs there isn't in my eyes as much player pressure to react quickly so tab targeting mouseovers isn't an issue. Area is really the only aspect that I would both see needing it for and use it for.

Thanks so much for the help by the way guys.

Just to make sure though. Glad with allow me to set spells to be cast on an opponent depending on what click I use? Like right click for poly and left for counter spell?
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    This would only be for arena.
    I assumed that but next time it would be helpful to be more specific in the beginning :P

Just to make sure though. Glad with allow me to set spells to be cast on an opponent depending on what click I use? Like right click for poly and left for counter spell?
    Yeah both addons provide a clickfeature you can use with left/right/middle mousebutton. Maybe even mouse4/5 but not sure about that.
    Those buttons can be used with modifiers too.
    You can definitely use them for spells.

Most people tend to use mouseovers which do the same thing but rather require someone to have the macro and the keybind within hands reach. This is really close. The misclick I can get though, would be interesting to try find a way around it.
    In arenas i thought most people use focus or arena1/2/3 macros.
    Iirc you can even bind target arena1/2/3 in the keybindings since the SoO-patch

I assumed that but next time it would be helpful to be more specific in the beginning :P

Yeah both addons provide a clickfeature you can use with left/right/middle mousebutton. Maybe even mouse4/5 but not sure about that.
    Those buttons can be used with modifiers too.
    You can definitely use them for spells.

In arenas i thought most people use focus or arena1/2/3 macros.
    Iirc you can even bind target arena1/2/3 in the keybindings since the SoO-patch
    Yeah I should have ben a little more clear about that I admit

Good point about the focus macros. I just find I struggle with keybinds moving them about. I tried tutrials and such but all it ever ended with was me getting annoyed that my old habits kept causing me to use abilites. Damn you 'r' key!