View Poll Results: Should they keep LFR in the next expansion since flex is now available?

Voters
393. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

151 38.42%
  • Yes

233 59.29%
  • Other - Explain in your post

9 2.29%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I could definitely enjoy having say...a Gorehowl from Karazhan or Dragon Spine Trophy from Gruul without seeing 4 different versions of it around everywhere. And this was in patch 2.4. Why are there 4 different versions of Hellscream's Mannoroth Tusk Shoulders available? How does that not water it down for the casual player.

The Heroic player concerns himself with the numbers more than the item. "Lesser" players are more often in it for the world and what's in that world is my argument here.
    i think the problem is not that we have 4 different difficulties of one raid, but that each raid only rewards with a different visual color item. instead of trying to get Blizzard to remove raid difficulties, focus your efforts in getting Blizzard to make more gearsets, one gearset for each difficulty.

item levels can stay as is. you can progress the same in each raid difficulty as we can now, just we would earn differently items visually.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-10-04 at 02:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    2 people run LFR now that flex is the easy casual raiding style.

1. Bads

2. People who cannot find a raid or PuG to save their life.
    Well, that, or people just don't like organized activities. (Which seems to be the case for most people)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Flex can and does address all of the same issues as LFR without watering down the content and destroying the community at the same time. The ONLY difference between the 2 is that one holds you accountable for your actions (or lack their of) while the other doesn't.

I've said this many times before. Had Blizzard stuck with the WotLK raiding model of normal modes being very easily puggable, there would never ever in a million years have been a need to implement LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Flex raids do NOT function around a raid schedule. What don't you understand about the idea of "pugging raids". And were there to be a global (cross realm) chat channel for finding said pugs (like...I don't know, oQueue?) you would never ever want for LFR again.
    Even when WOTLK raids were very easily puggable, not a whole many people did it.

What you're ignoring is, is that the REAL difference is, is that you can queue for LFR, and do it whenever you want to without having to depend on other people deeming you worthy to look at a part of the game. That's the main appeal, and the reverse is why raiding has never been a high user activity :x

No, no LFR at all.
    They can make flex slightly easier I guess, but that should be the standard for casual raiding.

Flex still requires an organised group to start with, and still someone in charge who can set requirements potentially excluding someone who knowingly cannot commit to a full raid.
    That is why LFR is still necessary, the very reasons why LFR exists in the first place.

Your spot in Flex is still dependant on the willingness of others, which given the absolute need for the LFR format is simply not as forthcoming as it should be.

Flex still ensures the possibility of "Full raid or GTFO".
    The community forced the need for LFR, and the continued poor attitudes of those bashing LFR ensure its continued inclusion in the game.
    Ironic that those complaining most about a feature are the very reason it exists.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-10-04 at 03:43 AM.

Yes. If you hate LFR just don't do it, why take away options. The amount of people who would become better players because of such change would be marginal compared to the number of people who would just not raid at all.

LFR still serves its purpose. I like to log onto an alt every now and again, and be able to queue up for LFR without having to worry about finding a group or jumping into vent.

As I said in some of my other posts, I think despite what Blizzard says, they want to push LFR, and LFR style gameplay out (they've wised up finally). But, they're going to be doing it very slowly.

I think if LFR isn't completely removed next EXP, it will be at least, dramatically redesigned/made optional.

Holy cow, if you don't like some part of the game, dont do it. Each mode provides a spot for someone in the game, I'm sure I'm missing people, but just off the top of my head:

LFR - People who can't commit to the large or regular time sinks or arent in a guild that raids. Even a PuG group is going to be a couple hours typically. LFR lets them see the content. Blizzard has said they want to make more penalties for people who are there to just give other people a hard time, but its not going away.

Flex - People who want to play the game with their friends while not being tied to a strict schedule, hence you can do it with a myriad number of people

Reg Progression - A step up in difficulty from Flex, a little harder to organize

Heroic - For those who really enjoy raiding often and have put the time into being decent.

I would like to see it removed, but not because I hate casuals seeing content. I want it gone, because the whole raiding model is overcomplicated, too many modes and sizes.

I'd like to see:

Flex (10 - 25 people)
    Normal 15 people
    Heroic 15 people

But because Blizzard said 10 mans are not in danger of going anywhere, I can settle with normals and heroics being 10 man. Just having these 3 clear difficulties/modes would make raiding much more appealing to me.

i think the flex technology should be expanded upon to encompass all normal mode raiding but i believe heroic raiding should be left as is and maybe tuned up to be a little harder than currently is.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week male breast feeding, batman and near death experiences

People who are saying that LFR should stay are ridiculous and just Blizzard fanboys.

Flex is perfect for people like me who get out of work and have time to kick around playing WoW. Newsflash: You don't have to do the FULL RAID, there's wings. If you don't have time to do a wing of flex in 45 mins to an hour, you shouldn't be playing an MMO to begin with.

And if you complain about not getting into a flex, chances are either

1.) you're a bad player who doesn't know their class

2.) don't gem/enchant their gear

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    People who are saying that LFR should stay are ridiculous and just Blizzard fanboys.

Flex is perfect for people like me who get out of work and have time to kick around playing WoW. Newsflash: You don't have to do the FULL RAID, there's wings. If you don't have time to do a wing of flex in 45 mins to an hour, you shouldn't be playing an MMO to begin with.

And if you complain about not getting into a flex, chances are either

1.) you're a bad player who doesn't know their class

2.) don't gem/enchant their gear
    You make too much assumptions for nothing really. Get over yourself, eh?

LFR needs to stay so when I'm bored after beating my children or something I can just queue up for a raid and take further stress out on random strangers. Seriously though, LFR is great for downtime when no one is on and you want to try for that one item or test dps out on a boss or something. Also, leaving LFR in doesn't really hurt the game at all. Just seems to leave a select "few" butthurt for whatever odd reason.

Reminds me of the old Sega Vs Nintendo back in the late 80s to mid-90s more than anything else and no fan ever won any of those arguements (and for the record, I still think the Genesis/MegaDrive is the better sounding console with its built-in Yamaha synthesizer) .

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i think the flex technology should be expanded upon to encompass all normal mode raiding but i believe heroic raiding should be left as is and maybe tuned up to be a little harder than currently is.
    Nah, go in balls deep or no dice at all when it comes to adding Flex to normal and heroic. They can easily (It CAN'T BE THAT HARD to add a scalable difficulty to a raid mode) or something, whatever make it work and they should. It would also shut up those damn 10 vs 25 people for a bit.
    Last edited by Turbotef; 2013-10-04 at 05:54 AM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nipsoft/simple
    TERA - Lolapetto (Reaper lvl 60) - Akress (Berserker lvl 60, retired)
    FF14 - Nakaress Solatte (lvl 30 Monk, lvl 35 Warrior)
    GW2 - Dilla Donia (lvl 80 Warrior)

Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    yes, it should stay, the ilvl should be barely over heroic dungeons if not exactly the same but with more diversity and tier set bonuses. Flex should take the ilvl spot LFR used to take, and normal and heroic ilvls drop down accordingly. In subsequent raid patches, LFR should be on par with flex ilvl of previous tier. LFR offers no pets, no mounts, no titles, no special achievements, no legendary quest (or other raid quest) opportunities, it's simply about basic gear for players that don't have time or interest in organised raiding and never be considered at all necessary for anyone doing normal raids or especially heroic raids to have to do, and barely useful for those doing flex raiding.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Out with the old, in with the new, and superior. Old models are all hideous garbage compared to the new
    Night Elf Independence Movement:

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    LFR offers no pets, no mounts, no titles, no special achievements, no legendary quest (or other raid quest) opportunities, it's simply about basic gear for players that don't have time or interest in organised raiding and never be considered at all necessary for anyone doing normal raids or especially heroic raids to have to do, and barely useful for those doing flex raiding.
    Yes, that sounds great, take something that many players have enjoyed doing and make it pointless.

Actually, that sounds dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    You make too much assumptions for nothing really. Get over yourself, eh?

LFR needs to stay so when I'm bored after beating my children or something I can just queue up for a raid and take further stress out on random strangers. Seriously though, LFR is great for downtime when no one is on and you want to try for that one item or test dps out on a boss or something. Also, leaving LFR in doesn't really hurt the game at all. Just seems to leave a select "few" butthurt for whatever odd reason.

Reminds me of the old Sega Vs Nintendo back in the late 80s to mid-90s more than anything else and no fan ever won any of those arguements (and for the record, I still think the Genesis/MegaDrive is the better sounding console with its built-in Yamaha synthesizer) .

Nah, go in balls deep or no dice at all when it comes to adding Flex to normal and heroic. They can easily (It CAN'T BE THAT HARD to add a scalable difficulty to a raid mode) or something, whatever make it work and they should. It would also shut up those damn 10 vs 25 people for a bit.
    select few? LOL look at the poll

I say keep it, because players using flex now want to have a better raiding experience were you actually have to pay attention to mechanics. Eventually even graduating to normal. If you take away lfr. Chances are the quality of players trying to pug will drop.

The great irony of all these threads is that LFR is the flavour of raiding that is LEAST in danger of being removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I voted no, LFR is really not anything like raiding. If you want to see what a boss looks like, what a youtube video, the experience is just about as engaging. The problem now is that people that have no business raiding or may not even want to, end up having to just because the game doesn't let them progress in many other ways. Not only that, but LFR brings is known for having some of the worst experiences in the game for many players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    Bah. You're being a hypocrite then considering you wrote this a few days ago in a thread you started:

I did not make this thread to intentionally "Flame LFR" and to "get it removed"
    More to the point I can gear up alts in LFR optionally. I can't do that in Flex. It has nothing to do with being a bad player or unable to gem/enchant gear.

It's annoying how people who want it removed seem to think that pre-made groups and random groups are just alike so that Flex can be a 'replacement' for LFR. They two have less to do with one another than people pretend.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Yes, that sounds great, take something that many players have enjoyed doing and make it pointless.

Actually, that sounds dumb.
    Do they enjoy getting epics superior to normal content from previous tier by doing content that is faceroll easy or do they enjoy seeing the inside of a raid instance? Only one thing changes, and if they are only in it for the loot, who cares
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Out with the old, in with the new, and superior. Old models are all hideous garbage compared to the new
    Night Elf Independence Movement: