View Poll Results: Should they keep LFR in the next expansion since flex is now available?

Voters
393. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    151 38.42%
  • Yes

    233 59.29%
  • Other - Explain in your post

    9 2.29%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    I have sincere question for the people voting in favour of getting rid of LFR.

    If you dislike the LFR system so much, why do you use it?

    If the answer to the above question is "I don't", why do care it exists? Does it interfere with your game somehow?


    I voted yes, I'm in an awesome yet casual guild that does one flex (normal before 5.4) raid a week max. If it wasn't for LFR I wouldn't raid at all. I love raiding for the story and scenery, heck I can even enjoy the mechanics in a fight even in LFR. I'm rather blessed with very few toxic LFR groups although I put that one down to karma, behave like a real and decent human being in LFR and you usually get treated as such.

    I very rarely use LFR, but most of the time I did, it was because I was either on an alt, and wanted to gear them up as quickly as possible, or because I needed valor points for the week. In almost every LFR I've been in, it had some of the worst, most toxic environments I've seen in wow. Most of the time, people would be doing very little to help complete the run, but if you call them out, you risk getting kicked from the group yourself, because of the pack mentality lol. Even if you try to be nice about it. Most of the time people just ignore any advice you try to give them on the boss though. Beyond that, the runs are actually boring, it seems some people keep themselves entertained by either trolling, or trying to find ways to wipe the group. The weird part is, when you aren't wiping, the bosses mechanics seem like a joke usually. On some of them, it seems like it's almost impossible to die, which doesn't feel very rewarding when you do win gear. Again, I don't do LFR very often, but sometimes your stuck lol.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well where else would I afk for gear if lfr was gone ?
    A post with silly intentions no doubt, but the man has a point. I don't understand the amount of people that say that LFR shouldn't be removed until you can queue into flex, when queuing is the main problem why LFR is such a a disaster.

    When a group has a motivated leader who is willing to deal with leading the raid and finding appropriate people there actually is a chance for people to get better and for everyone to have a pleasant raiding experience. And more importantly, clowns who feel entitled to get gear because they pay a subscription fee and just badmouth people that try to help get instantly thrown out and left with a choice to shape up or accustom to their 5man heroic gear because that's how far they'll make it.

    There is absolutely no way to create a search engine that's smart enough to reliably put together stable groups with enough good players to compensate for the bad ones, nor does tweaking a kick function help when it lands in the hands of the wrong guy.

    Being able to queue into an 25man raid that is scaled down to where 5 decent players could clear it without a problem and let people see the content is fine, but when there are significant gear upgrades included we have a huge problem because an endless amount of players will just queue in and immediately go afk.

    I just don't understand this recurring theme where people playing a MMO game but wants to get as far away from people and dealing with personal responsibility as possible.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2013-10-04 at 07:55 AM.

  3. #123
    if anything, flex should replace normal mode and not LFR.

    and i dont get the comments about 'huge' amounts of players joining an LFR raid and just going afk. I know there are people who snooze through it and im guilty of that from time to time but very very rarely have i seen someone actually just afk and not get kicked.

  4. #124
    High Overlord Spylacopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    174
    remove LFR! last time I did LFR for the lols (im pvp) 4/5 People were afk and 50% was just trolling. like ninja pulling etc

  5. #125
    As it is now (LFR,flex,normal,hc) ... it's perfect, you can fit and split all of the community in those 4 mods, I for one have no idea why anyone would want to remove one of them.
    You don't like lfr go flex, you are better then flex? ... go normal, you are uber cool and skilled ... well try some heroic.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I very rarely use LFR, but most of the time I did, it was because I was either on an alt, and wanted to gear them up as quickly as possible, or because I needed valor points for the week. In almost every LFR I've been in, it had some of the worst, most toxic environments I've seen in wow. Most of the time, people would be doing very little to help complete the run, but if you call them out, you risk getting kicked from the group yourself, because of the pack mentality lol. Even if you try to be nice about it. Most of the time people just ignore any advice you try to give them on the boss though. Beyond that, the runs are actually boring, it seems some people keep themselves entertained by either trolling, or trying to find ways to wipe the group. The weird part is, when you aren't wiping, the bosses mechanics seem like a joke usually. On some of them, it seems like it's almost impossible to die, which doesn't feel very rewarding when you do win gear. Again, I don't do LFR very often, but sometimes your stuck lol.
    Allright so you don't like it (and had some bad experiences, that happens I'm afraid ) then I'd propose to stay away from it. plenty of other ways to get gear (especially with timeless isle, but reckon you're LFR experience is from pre 5.4). I'm not a fan of pvp, to put it mildly. For all I care it can DIAF. I haven't pvped in mists 'cept for the damn legendary quest. Doesn't mean I think it should be removed. It doesn't intrude with my gameplay and I can let others have their fun, even though I'm bloody jealous about the new wolf/ud horse mounts they can get ;(
    Are you my mommy?

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Do they enjoy getting epics superior to normal content from previous tier by doing content that is faceroll easy or do they enjoy seeing the inside of a raid instance? Only one thing changes, and if they are only in it for the loot, who cares
    It's really funny that people who care so much about loot tend to look down upon other who care about loot.

  8. #128
    Pit Lord Packers01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,365
    It will be intersesting to see what happens to LFR. I'm sure they wont remove it but with the addition of flex its seems LFR has gotten much worse, at least in the runs that I tried. Also this is the Bed blizzard made when that catered to the bads, note not casual. I mean the fact that general nazgrim had to be nerfed on LFR is pathetic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also what would be nice is if LFR used not only an Ilvl to get in , but an Ilvl for gems and enchants. Group people up that actually but some kind of effort into their toon.

  9. #129
    Yes, Blizz should keep LFR, because it has a different audience from Flex. But some trimming in LFR is necessary to weed out at least some of the griefers, trolls, chronic afk-ers.
    Last edited by Marahdeka; 2013-10-04 at 08:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    You make too much assumptions for nothing really. Get over yourself, eh?

    LFR needs to stay so when I'm bored after beating my children or something I can just queue up for a raid and take further stress out on random strangers. Seriously though, LFR is great for downtime when no one is on and you want to try for that one item or test dps out on a boss or something. Also, leaving LFR in doesn't really hurt the game at all. Just seems to leave a select "few" butthurt for whatever odd reason.

    Reminds me of the old Sega Vs Nintendo back in the late 80s to mid-90s more than anything else and no fan ever won any of those arguements (and for the record, I still think the Genesis/MegaDrive is the better sounding console with its built-in Yamaha synthesizer) .



    Nah, go in balls deep or no dice at all when it comes to adding Flex to normal and heroic. They can easily (It CAN'T BE THAT HARD to add a scalable difficulty to a raid mode) or something, whatever make it work and they should. It would also shut up those damn 10 vs 25 people for a bit.
    You are a sick and twisted individual if you openly admit to beating your children.

    OT: The poster you are quoting makes perfect sense. What point do we have for LFR when the players who join it are the most unprepared, ungemmed, unenchanted group of players? Why even keep it around if the mindset is "oh hey, ill just sit here twiddle my thumbs and collect rokin purple epix!"?
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  11. #131
    There is CLEARLY a need for booth. I dont know what happens in LFR, but the vast majorety of LFRs i´ve been in would NOT been able to do first boss Flex.
    Im in a reasonably softcore guild we raid 8 hours a week. 12/14 and find Flex to be a PERFECT plase to take our alts and / or run true with our mains for some fun times.
    You cant ignore mechanics and still have to be partially switched on, at least with our gearlevel. So yes, keep all three. Personally i have stopped doing LFRs but i do belive there is room for that too.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    OT: The poster you are quoting makes perfect sense. What point do we have for LFR when the players who join it are the most unprepared, ungemmed, unenchanted group of players? Why even keep it around if the mindset is "oh hey, ill just sit here twiddle my thumbs and collect rokin purple epix!"?
    Because that's strawman nonsense and you should feel ashamed for resorting to it.

    LFR is for the people who, for whatever reason, are unable to commit their schedules to organized raids. This means LFR has to be completed by people who have much less preparatory time than the other tiers of difficulty.

    It also provides a bigger incentive from Blizzard to design more raiding content, since so many more people are using that content now.

  13. #133
    Yes, it has its place.

    If anything were to change, flex should be modified a bit and just be used for normal mode as an option. From what I gather, it's not too far off in difficulty, and it's pretty evident how many people are willing to join up on vent / mumble, etc.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    Allright so you don't like it (and had some bad experiences, that happens I'm afraid ) then I'd propose to stay away from it. plenty of other ways to get gear (especially with timeless isle, but reckon you're LFR experience is from pre 5.4). I'm not a fan of pvp, to put it mildly. For all I care it can DIAF. I haven't pvped in mists 'cept for the damn legendary quest. Doesn't mean I think it should be removed. It doesn't intrude with my gameplay and I can let others have their fun, even though I'm bloody jealous about the new wolf/ud horse mounts they can get ;(

    Believe me I'm never planning to go back lol. The thing is, even most LFR guys will admit it's a pretty toxic place, between that and the fact that you're randomly teaming up with strangers, and that, IMO and many others, it's not very exciting, why would people want to keep the place in? I'm not saying take it out and put nothing in to take it's place - blizz should give people with very little time content, but I really can't picture people having fun when doing LFR.

  15. #135
    You can't flex in an hour, especially if you are pugging into a group. Flexing isn't a spur of the moment event. People who underperform (and not on purpose) won't find a place in flex until they gear up in LFR. 496 tokens won't do well in flex. LFR still has its place as a place to gear up and spend an hour of gametime.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You can't flex in an hour, especially if you are pugging into a group. Flexing isn't a spur of the moment event. People who underperform (and not on purpose) won't find a place in flex until they gear up in LFR. 496 tokens won't do well in flex. LFR still has its place as a place to gear up and spend an hour of gametime.
    I've seen most of the posts here saying the LFR queue alone takes an hour lol. Flex is definitely spur of the moment if you want to be, just look in trade chat, start your own, or do open raid. People who underperform in LFR typically will continue to underperform as long as they play LFR lol. Take it out IMO, nobody loses, and put in something in place that actually entertains those types of people.

  17. #137
    I think they should get rid of the Que system. Worst thing to ever happen to an MMO.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I've seen most of the posts here saying the LFR queue alone takes an hour lol. Flex is definitely spur of the moment if you want to be, just look in trade chat, start your own, or do open raid. People who underperform in LFR typically will continue to underperform as long as they play LFR lol. Take it out IMO, nobody loses, and put in something in place that actually entertains those types of people.
    People with brains queue up with friends and guildies who are healers and tanks for instant queues. If you don't have any friends that tank or heal then make some and stop bitching about queues. Nuff said.

    I know you personally beat the anti-LFR drum all the time but how about you give it a rest and realise that you are not everyone. I enjoy LFR, I go in with friends and consider every queue as a roll of the dice. I explain mechanics of the fight and I don't shit on everyone by going AFK. I use LFR as a muscle memory training ground, I use it to find tricks to better do the fight, like figuring out how to kill 7-10 slimes in immerseus on Demo Lock. I check guildies for raid awareness before taking them into raids.

    lol.

  19. #139
    LFR is disgusting. Let me explain.
    I played the game from vanilla to the end of WTLK and resubed recently, i liked a lot of the new things but ...
    I reached lv 90 monday, and today i have killed thunder king. Tomorrow probably will kill bosses in SSO and i shouldnt be able to have that opportunity. I do LFR for getting gear to do flex / normal pugs and then find a guild to do heroics, i dont want to do a stupid tank & spank version of the some raid for getting the gear for do the same raid in the proper level of diff.

    If you want to offer free gear, Timeless isle & heroics is the way. LFR should have the same diff than normal mode. This is a mmo goddam force the people to comunicate. LFR offers content yes, but is shallow, boring and sad.

  20. #140
    Very good question, I think Flex is way better than LFR. It's still easy, but not as dumbed down as LFR and requires at least SOME organisation effort.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •