Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    What's cute is some people think education spending somehow equals better education.

There are European countries who spend much, much less per pupil and have much better education results.

Throwing money at education thinking it will magically improve results has been a huge waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    Exactly this. College professors are EXTREMELY liberal. Most college kids don't really care about politics and haven't formed strong political opinions yet. So if all the people they look up to are liberal, they will most likely be liberal.

Conservatives are more informed, its simply a fact. I am not going to say that conservatives are more educated in terms of the sciences, because its split pretty evenly. But when it comes to politics and history, conservatives are much more knowledgeable.

"A new survey shows that Republicans and supporters know a lot more about politics and political history than Democrats. On 8 of 13 questions about politics, Republicans outscored Democrats by a whopping average of 18 percentage points according to a new Pew Survey on partisan differences in knowledge.
    Pew Survey confirms to a wave of surveys and studies, the GOP are better informed, more intellectually consistent, more open-minded, more empathetic and more receptive to criticism than their fellow Americans. The lesser intelligent, close-minded people who support the Democratic party, Republicans fare substantially better than Democrats on several questions on the survey as is typically the case on surveys about political knowledge, said the study. The widest partisan gap in the survey came in at an unbelievable 30 points when only a paltry 46% of Democrats compared to 76% of Republicans correctly described the GOP as the party generally more supportive of reducing the size of government. The survey quizzed 1,000 people, including 239 Republicans and 334 Democrats."

http://gulagbound.com/35139/republic...eral-pew-poll/
    Dude... After what you linked, you should know that this thread is pretty much about you..

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Uh what? Minorities get the short end of the education stick in all states. Is this something you actually deny?

Manipulating uneducated simpletons into voting for you is politics 101. That's pretty much the basis of democracy.
    Like I said before. You are assuming minorities are all stupid, that is stupid within itself.
    Its not 1950, minorities are doing better education wise than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    heyheyhey chingy lets not get carried away here.....
    I know, it's hard to stomach, isn't it?

What's cute is some people think education spending somehow equals better education.

There are European countries who spend much, much less per pupil and have much better education results.

Throwing money at education thinking it will magically improve results has been a huge waste of time.
    No. That isnt true. Many countries in Europe spend more per student than the US. Denmark comes to mind first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    not exactly the strongest connection for education, but increased spending on grade school education has been correlated with increased college degrees somewhat.

Need a map showing percent of population holding a degree from a 4 year college or higher education points.
    that will be a challenge what with interstate students

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    No. That isnt true. Many countries in Europe spend more per student than the US. Denmark comes to mind first.
    my calculus teacher told us about some European/asian students once.... apparently about all of the Asian students got 5's on their AP exam and the Europeans didn't do quite so well. I believe the Asians students were from countries like Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, India, and South Korea to round it out while the European was from Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Conservatism is the home of practicality and rational, objective thinking. Liberalism is all about emotion and impractical ideas.
    Funniest thing I've read all day.

Conservative views on issues are typically emotional kneejerk reactions and fear of things that are new or different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    No more than democrats do

GOP is just more dogmatic about it

- - - Updated - - -

Iirc we've been increasing education spending over the years while results have not been improving

If anyone has the data to disprove me ill love to admit I'm wrong

- - - Updated - - -

that will be a challenge what with interstate students

- - - Updated - - -

my calculus teacher told us about some European/asian students once.... apparently about all of the Asian students got 5's on their AP exam and the Europeans didn't do quite so well. I believe the Asians students were from countries like Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, India, and South Korea to round it out while the European was from Denmark

American Asians score higher than almost anyone on tests
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

The thing about anecdotal evidence is that I can make up something contrary to what you just said, and it will be just as valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    How do you manipulate the well educated voter?
    You appeal to their wallet.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    You appeal to their wallet.
    Which could also mean promising them a bunch of free shit that you probably can't give them
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's how a democracy (even a representative democracy) works. Democracy can really only function effectively with an educated and politically aware populace.
    Too bad so many people in America even go so far as to say "oh I don't give a shit blah blah."

Then they freak out when shit doesn't go well for them thanks to the government. I told you so... -.-
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Not sure why this hasn't been dealt with yet. My apologies on the delay.

We don't need a thread baiting one political side or another based on people's education. It's just a recipe for disaster.

Locked.