Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    I think it's a joke that non alt toons can get all this stuff so easily now. Don't get me wrong it's not "special snowflake syndrome" I don't have a problem with it being accessible to everyone. What I do have a problem with is the fact I worked ALL expansion for my cloak and now people can ding a fresh toon and with good rng complete it in a couple of months (when it took most of us a whole year). It kinda cheapens what everyone who has ground it out since 5.0 did to get the cloak, and makes it blindingly obvious that they're once again using the colour orange as a means to maintain subs.

These catch up mechanics should only be available to alts imo

I didn't start secrets on my alt until 5.3 and I had my pre-legendary cloak in advance of 5.4. It has never taken nearly as long as you think it should.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by stevo5566 View Post
    Just read a blues post and it said:

By reading this, we can confirm that we can get 2 per week guaranteed without any luck. I just recently started the quest myself, finished secrets right before i started and had only one LFR part i could do for loot, did it and got 1 runestone for the week. Seems pretty neat to me because it was 12 weeks without any luck.
    That's reasonable all things considered, I remember going 3 weeks with 1 stone before they implemented the lei shen drop

thank god for them making it easier - i just came back to the game and am on secrets still.

Kind of sucks for people asked to change their classes to alts they had no gear on for the new raiding tier though. I think once you get the cloak or kill Garrosh on one toon that the quests should be cut in half. I mean, I understand people with the "welfare legendaries" but I bet a ton of those people weren't asked to reroll. They make everything easier for the casuals, but this questline sucks if your behind and don't even have the meta. Especially with the addition of the 496 shit on the isle it will make tot lfr a fucking nightmare but since there's 12 more chances for secrets and 6 for runestones it's pretty much mandatory.

It's actually 3 guaranteed runestones per week. Ra-den also has 100% chance to drop one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearsyn View Post
    So new players shouldn't be able to catch up speed with the current content? That kind of is special snowflake syndrome as you so aptly named it. As a heroic raider I find it strange that you even care about catch up mechanisms, you're already so far ahead of the pack that none of these changes effect anyone but your alts.

I'm not just talking about brand new players to the game, what if you simply recruited a friend to assist in your raiding/pvp/w/e...you really want that person to be gated behind several months of content just because it took you that long?

You can't say this took you a solid year to complete unless you're talking about you know that more than half a year of downtime.

How many people do you think would be incredibly turned off by having to do 6 weeks of valor capping just after completing a gem that has nothing to do with anything anymore. So yea you do have a problem with it being accessible to everyone, you think that only people willing to do the work that you did should be able to use what you have.

You don't build a bridge so that only you can use it.

As far as on topic goes, I recently completed my 7th legendary cloak for my warlock, I got extremely lucky with runestones and completed it in 2 weeks. The drop rate is definitely not increased, just that there are more than twice as many bosses that can drop it now, with an additional 100% guarantee...so even your worst week is still twice as good as it would have been in Throne of Thunder.

Snorkles- Correct you will not be eligible.
    Except it's a -legendary-. Even without the catch up mechanisms it was laughably easy to get (just took a lot of time). Being able to see content doesn't mean you're entitled to get a legendary.

Deleted
    You can cut another week if you are smart with the 3k Valor quest: in the week you complete it get the valor you need without running ToT or the first 8 bosses of SoO. It should go something like this:

Week 0 - finish Sha of Fear quest, accept Valor grind;
    Week 1 - 1000/3000 Valor
    Week 2 - 2000/3000 Valor
    Week 3 - get the last 1000 valor from hc dungeons or scenarios, complete the Valor Quest (and "A Change of Command" + bg wins), then go do ToT/first 8 bosses in SoO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    I think it's a joke that non alt toons can get all this stuff so easily now. Don't get me wrong it's not "special snowflake syndrome" I don't have a problem with it being accessible to everyone. What I do have a problem with is the fact I worked ALL expansion for my cloak and now people can ding a fresh toon and with good rng complete it in a couple of months (when it took most of us a whole year). It kinda cheapens what everyone who has ground it out since 5.0 did to get the cloak, and makes it blindingly obvious that they're once again using the colour orange as a means to maintain subs.

These catch up mechanics should only be available to alts imo
    would it have taken you a year if all stages were open at same time ?

Wut? Sha of Fear drops Titan runestone? I am pretty sure it doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    He's not supposed to.
    I'm aware, but the OP seemed to imply that he would now.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Sha of pride in SoO is 100% drop chance afaik.

6 weeks? You are lucky now i guess!
    It took me and my friends 12weeks back then, ~4-5 month ago...

Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post
    I thought you could only get 1 chance at the drop per boss, regardless of difficulty, per week. Am I wrong on this? Can you farm a boss until he drops one?
    Pretty sure you can.

I got most of mine from Iron Quon and Twin Consorts because those are the two I can comfortably tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Pretty sure you can.

I got most of mine from Iron Quon and Twin Consorts because those are the two I can comfortably tank.
    You can't. It's stated as such in the OPs quote of the blue post. One attempt per boss, per week across all difficulties. Letting you farm a boss til to get one goes against everything they've designed. You can't farm a boss til you get a piece of loot either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

It's 1 attempt per boss per week for any section of the questline

Can't complete one section, get the next quest and get the new items on bosses you've already killed

It's 1 loot chance per week per boss

You can't get runestones or secrets from sha of fear. It's a guaranteed drop for sigils but you can't get secrets or runestones in Terrace of endless spring from any boss including sha. The blue poster may have meant sha of pride is a guaranteed drop chance for sigils, secrets and runestones but I can't confirm that.

You could get lucky even before 5.4.. Someone in my guild got all their runestones in 3 weeks BEFORE Lei Shen gave a guaranteed drop. My GM took nearly 3 months...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I think the blue post meant to say "sha of pride" as in the 4th boss of SoO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxese View Post
    It's 1 attempt per boss per week for any section of the questline

Can't complete one section, get the next quest and get the new items on bosses you've already killed

It's 1 loot chance per week per boss
    Except for the sigil of fear from Sha of fear and Heart of the thunder king from Lei Shen. I've got my last runestone from lei shen, picked up the quest for the heart and gone back in and got it on the same reset. (i'm only about 90% sure of this).
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-10-07 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gvstoned View Post
    It's actually 3 guaranteed runestones per week. Ra-den also has 100% chance to drop one.
    Getting to him is not that easy, even with openraid.

the drop rate is still shit imo. did wings 3 and 4 of tot. 6 bosses got a total of 3 runestones.. (1 from lei shen and 2 from others.. so yay i thought) then i did all 8 SOO bossses. only got 1 from sha of pride.. total fuckall for the rest of the 7. so hurray.

some people got 6 runestones in a week before soo even came out. not sure how likely that is but imo its still a min of 3-4 weeks for runestones.

IMO they should speed up the quest though for alts, say only need 5 sigils, 400 valor, 8 secrets, 10 runestones for the next alt once u get your cloak first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    the drop rate is still shit imo. did wings 3 and 4 of tot. 6 bosses got a total of 3 runestones.. (1 from lei shen and 2 from others.. so yay i thought) then i did all 8 SOO bossses. only got 1 from sha of pride.. total fuckall for the rest of the 7. so hurray.

some people got 6 runestones in a week before soo even came out. not sure how likely that is but imo its still a min of 3-4 weeks for runestones.

IMO they should speed up the quest though for alts, say only need 5 sigils, 400 valor, 8 secrets, 10 runestones for the next alt once u get your cloak first time.
    You're complaining you got 4 runestones in a week? That's on the lucky side. I don't see your point, how it is setup is fine imo.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    You're complaining you got 4 runestones in a week? That's on the lucky side. I don't see your point, how it is setup is fine imo.
    I was super excited when i ended my lfr with 3 runestones.. then i did flex part 1.. got 1 stone.. um.. yay? then i did flex part 2.. got shit all.

put it this way. 2 runestones are guaranteed. (3 if u do ra-den) I ran 12 bosses and only got 2 runestones from it. (2 guaranteed)a 16% drop rate by my estimation, which is still quite poor. id assume since their nerfing bits of the legendary quest they should atleast bring the drop rate up to 50% or so but who knows. maybe blizz likes having 540 lvl dps toons carrying lfr for them.