Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Sounds like some butthurt sillies are mad I got a cloak from LFR. I earned it fair and square with the system available. Why would I want to lose that system? Why should someone else get something I don't? They aren't better players than me. They already have heaps of gear I won't get from heroic modes. Heroic modes should just drop transmog gear anyway so they can pat themselves on the back. The current system works great for casual players to slowly work at over the course of an expansion. I just don't see why so-called 'hardcore raiders' should get legendaries and nobody else. They just spend a lot of time beating content that gets easier and easier every week with more gear until they get it done then act like it's a great accomplishment. Not saying they shouldn't get legendaries, just that everyone should get them if they work at them the same amount of time.

Stop being so mad badcore raiders. I got my cloak and if you don't like it, I don't care. It's going to happen again so get used to it babbies.
    This is going to piss some people off so much.
    But you speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    Oh rubbish, first off the amount of time needed to put in is one of the challenges. Most people will not get this legendary because they don't have the dedication needed to get it. Second, its not like the other legendry's took any sort of skill from the individual either, just time and nice friends.
    Third, why on earth should I pat my back for getting a virtual cloak with a orange name? That's just silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yea not the final thing, my bad.
    The fight against the Black prince
    The fight with the black prince is hard? We all agree skill is subjective, but how many people do you know that were stuck on that quest for a month? For a week? For a day? For an hour? Aside from LFR, you have to win 2 bg's, and like the other guy said, 3 man an elite lol. The fact that people think that is a "legendary effort" goes to show that a great deal of the fan base has gone to the dogs.

Really, if you just do PvE for a few months, almost nothing is stopping you from getting the legendary unless you go out of your way to not get it.

The arguments here are completely ignoring the solution I presented. Which it seems would please both point of views.

I like the idea of the legendary cloak but being stuck with a character for a hole expansion sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Did you read what I said or just kneejerk to post your two cents with a pointless factoid not being challenged? I said they'll never make it "heroic ontent only" as it should be. Key words "never" and "should". Im quite well aware than legendaries in the past have been obtainable through normal content and now can be obtained from the cesspit that is LFR. They SHOULD have only been obtainable from heroic content since the inception of heroic content in wrath.
    This time around they made it a class of gear that anyone could get provided they were willing to put in what is a considerable amount of work. The rep grind is especially onerous and gathering random items has not now nor ever shall be fun, at least they aren't as bad as the 300 bats in a row with no livers ....

And while I do feel your special snowflake little pain that all these evil dirty filthy casuals and bads are getting what you oh so rightly deserve for not standing in the fire, I have one thing to say to you.

Have you called a Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmbulance?

I mean good god!

You are playing a video game where at the very central core you are collecting fancy outfits to put on your make-believe doll!

So what if a casual can get it, casuals don't mean bad.

Everyone pays the same dollar amount per month and while I'm sure you've devoted tons of your own personal time to the game when it comes to the legendaries so has EVERYONE ELSE who is getting them. In fact you may have actually devoted less time given access to both normal and LFR raids to boost your random drops.

Blizzard offered a commiserate time reward to everyone willing to go through the expansion long quest chain. All your whining about "baddies" from LFR does is cement opinions that you probably need to get outside more. There's other bits to the opinion too but frankly this post has been insulting to you enough.

You are right about one thing though, there does need to be a more visual aspect to raiding at the highest tier.

It's one of the reasons I'm not actually too thrilled with transmog, used to be you could look at someone's gear and really see how well they've played - though easiest to spot in BC there was still a bit of that in LK.

So I'd agree that there needs to be either completely different models for heroic raid gear or that the models need to have a bit more visual pop. Maybe an aura or something similar to challenge mode gear.

Remember, we are playing dress-up, so more impressive visuals is, was and shall always be something to aspire to.

Deleted
    This legendary is so fucking retarded. I didn't expect this. The idea of the quest line is great, but i have never seen so many people with a legendary this early in a new patch. Sure you saw alot of shadowmournes or alot of Valkyrs at the end of wotlk, but not 3 weeks into 3.3 or 3.1..

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    I like the idea of the legendary cloak but being stuck with a character for a hole expansion sucks.

It does seem like an interesting solution, but from what I've seen from blue posts, it doesn't look like they will use this MoP model again. I'd be all for a quest line like this that dropped an epic in the end though instead of a legendary. I think it made this expansion not very friendly for alts, as the grind was rough enough that nobody felt like doing it a second time (at least most players I knew) because it was boring lol. That being said, without the cloak you'll generally have trouble getting into regular raids, the question "why don't you have your cloak" will pop up if you try to tackle serious content, at least from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    This is nonsense really, every single legendary has been completeable in NM so it's never been based on difficulty. They're just a grind/RNG and little more.
    This and nothing more. The only difference now is that they take more time and everyone has access to it if they put in the effort, which is a good thing.

Hell, some legendary's were just drops... They can always put in a drop again, or a grindfest for one specific class, I woudn't care, but I don't see the need to put in a new color/type of gear.
    Last edited by Condemner; 2013-10-04 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    This and nothing more. The only difference now is that they take more time and everyone has access to it if they put in the effort, which is a good thing.

Hell, some legendary's were just drops... They can always put in a drop again, or a grindfest for one specific class, I woudn't care, but I don't see the need to put in a new color/type of gear.
    lol.... getting a legendary cloak from LFR is not the same as getting the legendaries in the past. One possessed some level of challenge, the other does not.

Well it might not be a test of skill, but the cloak is definitely a test of devotion and stamina. For this very reason players have trouble doing it another time on an alt. So I say keep it. It's been one of my favorite things about this expansion, and make a higher tier for hardcore. Color it red maybe. Give it an awesome name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny.... a 'solution' to a problem that does not exist really (besides in the mind of some people).
    It baffles me how people think it is a problem and how it used to be 'real' legendary....
    Most people pretend like they had to put so much effort and skill into getting legendary even though they were mostly getting it by doing stuff they were gonna do anyway, i.e. raid. It's not like they had to get out of their way to get it. Agree, getting there may have been hard when the content was current, but still you were basically getting it while you were there doing the shit anyway.
    It again feels mostly like an elitist thing, 'look at me I'm a pro raider....'. also neglecting the fact that they only got the item because of a team effort and not their individual superman like skills.Thinking about it?
    Making it individual, and having someone go all over Azeroth for weeks/months in a row killing lots of mobs and doing quests (solo scenarios customized for your spec, like proving grounds) is actually more legendary in my opinion.
    Going out of your way to get it, showing endurance and skill is more legendary in my opinion than doing stuff you were gonna do anyway, being assisted by 24 other people, which technically could (NOT saying they did) carry you....

Deleted
    I think it would be a good idea to make a new class of item called Heroic or something, which would be the sort of thing anyone can get through expansion long quests providing they put in the work. Meanwhile Legendaries can retain they're..well Legendary status and remain incredibly hard, elite items. Probably get rid of the RNG and just make them really difficult to obtain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Everyone pays the same dollar amount per month and while I'm sure you've devoted tons of your own personal time to the game when it comes to the legendaries so has EVERYONE ELSE who is getting them. In fact you may have actually devoted less time given access to both normal and LFR raids to boost your random drops.
    I'm not sure what that last sentence is supposed to mean.

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Funny.... a 'solution' to a problem that does not exist really (besides in the mind of some people).
    It baffles me how people think it is a problem and how it used to be 'real' legendary....
    Most people pretend like they had to put so much effort and skill into getting legendary even though they were mostly getting it by doing stuff they were gonna do anyway, i.e. raid. It's not like they had to get out of their way to get it. Agree, getting there may have been hard when the content was current, but still you were basically getting it while you were there doing the shit anyway.
    It again feels mostly like an elitist thing, 'look at me I'm a pro raider....'. also neglecting the fact that they only got the item because of a team effort and not their individual superman like skills.Thinking about it?
    Making it individual, and having someone go all over Azeroth for weeks/months in a row killing lots of mobs and doing quests (solo scenarios customized for your spec, like proving grounds) is actually more legendary in my opinion.
    Going out of your way to get it, showing endurance and skill is more legendary in my opinion than doing stuff you were gonna do anyway, being assisted by 24 other people, which technically could (NOT saying they did) carry you....

I think the thing is, LFR is a place associated with afking, or doing very little to obtain gear. Now this will be a stretch for some, I know there will be guys that say "OMG, it's a video game, people should have whatever they want in it", but in a game where you progress yourself through gear, I think most will agree that the best items, legendary items, should only be available through doing some sort of reasonable challenge, I think most will agree that this legendary lacked any sort of challenge. Killing Illidan now, is easy. Killing it back then, while some will debate it, was definitely more challenging than the current questline.
    My own experience here, but the best way I can describe it, out of all of the people I've talked to that don't have the cloak, almost all of them don't have it because they either recently started playing again or because they didn't feel like dealing with the long grind. Nobody actually said "it's too difficult to obtain".

As for the scenarios tied to it, we used to just call that stuff "questing".... never seen anyone describe that stuff as legendary before.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    lol.... getting a legendary cloak from LFR is not the same as getting the legendaries in the past. One possessed some level of challenge, the other does not.
    The challenge is only there at the start of normal raiding, when people are progressing, after that it's a simple grind. Also the actual challenge of getting it is because of it's rarity, not because of it's difficulty. Like I said, I surely wouldn't care if they put that back in. But the effort and time needed to even get the legendary cloak, is worth the legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    The challenge is only there at the start of normal raiding, when people are progressing, after that it's a simple grind. Also the actual challenge of getting it is because of it's rarity, not because of it's difficulty. Like I said, I surely wouldn't care if they put that back in. But the effort and time needed to even get the legendary cloak, is worth the legendary.

You yourself pointed out the problem. There is still a challenge in normal mode raiding because you have to progress to the point where you can do something like kill Kil'jaeden for the bow, which despite some will say here, was a very very difficult fight. In LFR there is no progression because you can beat everything the first night it is out, often while doing no research into the actual fights. The grind is very long, I totally agree, but the lack of challenge made it very simple, as long as you do the grind, in my opinion.

Deleted
    Problem in lfr cloack is that you dont deserve it, when comparing to hc players who spend shitloads of more time in game. This is same in everyday life, those who spent more time on hobbies, school, work (depends) will get more of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only leveled my hunter in 5.4 and even if people have similar ilvl gear overall, the legendary cloak gives them huge DPS boost. I seem to 'underperform' just due to the fact I don't have the legendary. It skews the 'expectations' more than a bit.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Now I know a lot of people prefer the old model of legendary's, and some who enjoy the new approach. Well how about the best of both worlds. Have an expansion long questline ending with a legendary, and a legendary for a specific class. You could even call it something else. A higher tier than legendary.
    I have a perfect name for an item from an expansion long questline that everyone will be able to get: epic.

Nothing new here, but I think blizzard has really gone too far with their legendaries. People with legendaries used to be worshipped by the whole server. Now you can't get to a world boss if you don't have a legendary.

If the community is so fund of questlines like that, bring back the tier via quest model. Don't give everyone a free legendary.

Deleted
    Atleast some of those LFR raiders double their dps with the cloak :P