Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eike View Post
    legendaries should be heroic only, no point in giving it to a normal/flex/lfr raiders, they won't even get a chance to properly use them.
    Gently rappin I heard a lil'snowflake cry...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I agree with you on the PVP quest. But to each their own.

Interesting point on "cheesing" the questline by running LFR. If the solution posted above (where each raid difficulty had its own level reward), this would not be the case. Also note that people in LFR are not "cheesing" anything. That is their maximum intended difficulty level. In this case, it's normal raiders creating the problem they are complaining about.

And to your leveling point... just stop. It's not even remotely the same logic and I suspect you know that.

The cheesing factor from LFR comes into play not because it's the intended difficulty, but rather because the place is so easy, that even if you fail, you get buffs. So pretty much in essence you are all but guaranteed a legend (so long as you can win 2 bg's). IMO, something is wrong with that, I'm sure some will think its' perfectly fine though.

And yes, it's the same logic. People are saying "well, it was hard for me dammit and it took awhile", you can apply that logic to almost anything in the game and say "well that guy that does pet battles a lot, he deserves a legendary too" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    The cheesing factor from LFR comes into play not because it's the intended difficulty, but rather because the place is so easy, that even if you fail, you get buffs. So pretty much in essence you are all but guaranteed a legend (so long as you can win 2 bg's). IMO, something is wrong with that, I'm sure some will think its' perfectly fine though.
    It's the time commitment that makes it difficult. It is by far longer than any other legendary chain has been in the past. Yes, it is easier but it took an entire expansion to get here instead of just one tier.

Signature Created by Jassinta

I feel obligated to say "now this is really nonsense" again lol. Have you done normal mode raids? In LFR the mechanics are almost non-existant, and you can /afk if you want to. That's why a lot of people refer to it as a "welfare legendary". Guys that do 30k dps, can get this legendary, as long as they just do LFR for the week. Is the grind long? Definitely, but doesn't change the fact that it lacked challenge.
    Like say the challenge involved when guilds had raids on farm and were selling runs through raids for people to get "their" legendary? Happened for mounts, quest drops, etc...

How legendary was it for someone to get a warglaive for example, the first and only time they ran BT? I have seen the glaives several times since starting to solo BT, on a hunter, so it become legendary vendor trash....

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    It's the time commitment that makes it difficult. It is by far longer than any other legendary chain has been in the past. Yes, it is easier but it took an entire expansion to get here instead of just one tier.

I guess we will agree to disagree, it definitely was a long grind, but IMO there were very few real challenges involved. Also, it didn't take the entire expansion, it only took 2 tiers of content (there are 3).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Like say the challenge involved when guilds had raids on farm and were selling runs through raids for people to get "their" legendary? Happened for mounts, quest drops, etc...

How legendary was it for someone to get a warglaive for example, the first and only time they ran BT? I have seen the glaives several times since starting to solo BT, on a hunter, so it become legendary vendor trash....

I think the thing is though, with something like warglaives, now it's easy because you can just do it at 90. Back in BC, getting to Illidan and actually killing him was a major accomplishment though. The difference is, you can get this current legendary right now through an easy manner, LFR. Some here may argue LFR is hard, I guess that's just a matter of opinion, but I don't think clearing LFR is a major accomplishment in the same way that going through BT and getting Illidan was.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    making the legendary such a long grind only penalises returning subscribers who feel they cannot catch up and will therefore be at a disadvantage for a very long time and may infact just give up
    LOL! you mean like how vanilla legendaries were rng COMBINED with a long grind?
    Besides, why the hell would we reward quitters who come back with a legendary?
    If you quite and came back, that's your issue.
    Or did you prefer that quitting and coming back auto-hands you a legendary?

I think they should have just put a small ilvl increase on legendary's from h modes all the way down to LFR, but just a few ilvls.
    That way the 'elitists' (yah we know you aren't elite really, b/c if you WERE you'd be happy with the time stamp, like a REAL hardcore), can chill out, and the LFR'ers can still have a taste of the action.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

I guess we will agree to disagree, it definitely was a long grind, but IMO there were very few real challenges involved. Also, it didn't take the entire expansion, it only took 2 tiers of content (there are 3).
    I said the grind was the difficult part. You say we'll have to agree to disagree then state that there was a long grind but very few difficult challenges so you are in fact agreeing with me completely.

And yes, you're right, technically SoO had no bearing on the legendary. Either way, it was still much longer than any other legendary chain.

I said the grind was the difficult part. You say we'll have to agree to disagree then state that there was a long grind but very few difficult challenges so you are in fact agreeing with me completely.

And yes, you're right, technically SoO had no bearing on the legendary. Either way, it was still much longer than any other legendary chain.
    I think there's a difference between a long grind and a long and difficult grind. For example, I did the argent dailies on my 90 to get the different mounts and it took a long time, was a very boring grind, I wouldn't describe it as difficult though. So in that sense, I'm not agreeing with you lol.

I think there's a difference between a long grind and a long and difficult grind. For example, I did the argent dailies on my 90 to get the different mounts and it took a long time, was a very boring grind, I wouldn't describe it as difficult though. So in that sense, I'm not agreeing with you lol.
    Why do you end everything with lol :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    And your response didn't even register on my reading comprehension detector.
    Oh rubbish, you don't have to do a single bloody thing that requires any challenge at all. Stop patting yourself on the back. At least the Shadowmourne quest required testing mettle. 3 man a bloody elite in Krasarang and do some BGs, grind valor. So hard. Funny your bullshit meter doesn't work when you spew it.
    Bet you're a casual that has never raided hc lol.

Fair point. However, I'm not saying the grind was difficult itself but the amount of time needed to actually get the legendary, especially if you did it at current content before they buffed the drop rates was what made it "difficult". Difficult perhaps is not the right word but I'd much rather get a legendary that was a random drop like the warglaives over a 2 tier long grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Why do you end everything with lol :x

Force of habit.... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I get that the cloak is a reward for the subscribers who stuck it out with the game, but when a heroic raider who quits at the end of T14 comes back for Siege and feels like they cant get into a heroic guild because they are months behind on a legendary it is super lame, why bother. just come back next expansion. Money blizz loses on and one less person to game with in game.
    Not like that raider didn't know before quitting. I rerolled in 5.2 and I rerolled again in 5.4 and I have the cloak on both toons... not really a big deal. (granted I went back to the original toon). It's annoying to run those LFR, but you can catch up fast if you're not lazy.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

How about an extremely low chance to drop into your bags? I hate building a legendary. It was best when it dropped.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Not like that raider didn't know before quitting. I rerolled in 5.2 and I rerolled again in 5.4 and I have the cloak on both toons... not really a big deal. (granted I went back to the original toon). It's annoying to run those LFR, but you can catch up fast if you're not lazy.
    Re roll or re sub? There is no way you rolled a new toon in 5.4 and have the cloak already. Even 5.2 is doubtful unless you are the luckiest S.O.B around

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I rerolled again in 5.4 and I have the cloak on both toons...
    Yeah, I don't think that's even possible. I get that you're trying to make a point but you're full of it.

Deleted
    Yeah, I don't think that's even possible. I get that you're trying to make a point but you're full of it.
    It takes 3 weeks at least with the valor quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Treghell View Post
    Problem in lfr cloack is that you dont deserve it, when comparing to hc players who spend shitloads of more time in game. This is same in everyday life, those who spent more time on hobbies, school, work (depends) will get more of it.
    People with the legendary cloak do deserve it, regardless of which path they took. They did the required work to obtain it, ergo, it's earned.

I think the only problem here is the people that seem to think other people earning the same PvE gear--regardless of method--somehow detract from their own experience. Total fallacy, a dash of ego and a sprinkling of childishness all thrown together. Voila.

Somebody I had never met said in chat that they won a pretty snazzy chestplate from Ordos today--a boss which is arguably an easy win, yet one I hardly ever have both the time and inclination to get a raid group together for. Do I feel that that person didn't deserve that chestplate? Heck no. They got in the group for it and did their part. How much does his getting that chestplate affect me? Not at all. Zero. Nada. Zilch. So why in the seven hells should I resent the fact that he got it? I shouldn't, and don't. Good for anyone who gets gear that betters their character in PvE. That can only help them be better in future groups.

Now if all of this crying was over PvP gear it'd at least be more understandable since you're in direct conflict with the other people gearing up. In PvE, however, there is no contest between the players short of who has the bigger epeen.

Get. Over. It.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    People with the legendary cloak do deserve it, regardless of which path they took. They did the required work to obtain it, ergo, it's earned.

I think the only problem here is the people that seem to think other people earning the same PvE gear--regardless of method--somehow detract from their own experience. Total fallacy, a dash of ego and a sprinkling of childishness all thrown together. Voila.

Somebody I had never met said in chat that they won a pretty snazzy chestplate from Ordos today--a boss which is arguably an easy win, yet one I hardly ever have both the time and inclination to get a raid group together for. Do I feel that that person didn't deserve that chestplate? Heck no. They got in the group for it and did their part. How much does his getting that chestplate affect me? Not at all. Zero. Nada. Zilch. So why in the seven hells should I resent the fact that he got it? I shouldn't, and don't. Good for anyone who gets gear that betters their character in PvE. That can only help them be better in future groups.

Now if all of this crying was over PvP gear it'd at least be more understandable since you're in direct conflict with the other people gearing up. In PvE, however, there is no contest between the players short of who has the bigger epeen.

Get. Over. It.
    Excellent post.

The elite in Krassarang should have been a solo scenario. They didn't actually have the tech for that until 5.2 though, so probably why they didn't do it. It was out of place, the legendary quest was a personal thing the whole way through except that quest. Which is probably why they nerfed it. While I don't think EVERY legendary should be like this one was, I did like this format. Though the solo scenarios should have been more difficult. I was expecting something difficult and just walked in there and 1 shot each of them. Was kinda a let down And I wasn't decked out in heroic gear, I had quit heroic raiding the day we killed heroic jin'rohk so I had no heroic gear (well atleast from 5.2, that toon STILL has heroic gear from 5.0 lol).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn