Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    While I get your point, this isn't something that is recent...
    The very first raid with heroic modes in their current implementation was ICC (bar 10-25 man disparity). Heroic Marrowgar was quite easy, my guild wasn't amazing but we killed him on the first night after the reset where we killed normal Lich King and I think most people felt the same.
    In Cata, Halfus heroic... We 1 shot him with a poorly geared DPS in his off-spec as a tank. Similar story with that hunter boss in Firelands on heroic. Morchok heroic in DS? Same story.

I haven't raided MoP heroic at all, but the first boss in a tier on heroic being easy? That has happened for years now. There isn't one specific group of people in WoW called "heroic raiders". There are different guilds, each progressing at their own speed. Some of these blaze through certain portions of content to reach the content designed for them. Back in firelands, only Rag heroic was designed for the harder guilds (with Baleroc being an exception due to gear constraints for a week or 2).

Having superhard encounters that take weeks to kill was something people looked forward to in the past, but the playerbase as a whole has changed. When they released the wall that was Heroic Ragnaros, many guilds stopped raiding due to lack of motivation. When they finally killed him they felt a sigh of relief, not a epic feeling as you described. I to remember that feeling, but I think WoW has moved too much away from such an environment to have such encounters again.
    IMO I consider myself a "heroic raider". I finish the content in time and I am most often completely heroic equipped which defines me basicly as an heroic raider.

Im not saying that i am a Hardcore raider, or a progress raider. I propably coul be one if I wanted to invest more than 6 hours time into raiding but I just dont want to.

Now the curren't problem I have with these content races or World First or something like this is that they are plane boring.

To be honoust... I don't think thats an achievement at all to raid 16+ hours a day for 2-3 weeks to get the content clear. It has nothing to do with skill at all. ( I am not saying that the top guilds in the world don't have skilled players, they propably have the most skilled players they can get) But with so much time and dedication its no a miracle they down these bosses so fast.

I really think rayding should be time limited per day or even per week. Give raidguild just 10 hours of raiding per week and you will see the real difference in skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I agree with this completely, I hate Heroics soo much that when my guild gets to that point I usually stop playing. I dont want to do the same raid over and over again just a bit harder. I like the Ulduar Model with activated "Hard modes" where the bosses acted completely differently.
    If I remember correctly they stated a few times that while they were very happy with the ulduar model it is very difficult to implement for multiple raids. And now that they have heroics and normals it would be weird for one tier to have hard-modes instead of normal/heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    I know this is offtopic but your sig gave me a a bit of an eyeroll. I feel like the new thing people are going to argue about is the Asia worldfirst shit.
    Sorry, your ilevel needs to be higher to derail a thread kek.

Keep on topic mate! Down with Heroic modes!

You should be able to clear the hardest mode in a game without insane levels of time commitment. A competent guild that raids 3 days a week should be able to clear it in 1-2 months. Let them farm it for 4 months then release a new tier. Not so bad,

Deleted
    This post should've been about why LFR is not necessary at all, since it never was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Because elitists can't just let one guy make an outrageous comment and let it slide into obscurity because it directly attacks their content, but they feel free to make unlimited posts that constantly attack the casual players and their content. The moment someone says the same thing about their content? Oh HELL NOES!
    You don't have to be an elitist to take offence at someone asking for contect you enjoy to be removed so they can feel better about themselves, which is exactly what the OP is after. For the record I have not once asked for any so called casual content to be removed: I don't use LFR myself as I don't enjoy the experience and don't need the rewards from it but as far as most of the rest of 'casual wow' goes I use it as much as anyone (a quick glance at my armory and ach list would prove that isn't just hot air).
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

There is too much guess in it. It's not true. Strange enough I find some of you guys loving calling others stupid while you guys don't understand the nature of doing it is just stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by stfouri View Post
    So many people feedin the troll ffs.
    Im gonna feed him too.
    There is 4 difficulties for raiding atm. pick one and keep doing that if you want to.
    99% of normal people don't care what you are doing, just have fun and don't post stupid shit on the internet about removing features from the game.
    Goddamn internets! Why the kiddo age has become so wide allready, you can't even tell if they are 12 or 20.
    I guess internet does that to teen's in todays world that they just don't learn how to behave untill they hit 30+ or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Because elitists can't just let one guy make an outrageous comment and let it slide into obscurity because it directly attacks their content, but they feel free to make unlimited posts that constantly attack the casual players and their content. The moment someone says the same thing about their content? Oh HELL NOES!
    So what exactly are you doing besides bashing elitists? Or are you saying that "remove LFR" threads don't get the same amount of indignant responses from casual players?

Take that into consideration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You don't earn gear by paying for it though, you earn it through in-game effort. How much of a sub you pay is not relevant.
    If I buy two accounts and multibox, should I get better gear than you?

Deleted
    I agree, heroic raid content isn't necessary, I'd be perfectly fine with the way raids were in TBC, difficulty-wise. Maybe still have both 10 and 25 for all the raids, but no other modes. Wouldn't have to do LFR, Flex, 1st week normal clear (possibly with multiple raids mixed with alts and mains, feeding the mains with gear), you could jump straight in to progressing. Also there would be a real sense of expansion-level progression, as from Karazhan to Sunwell, and you couldn't just jump to the latest tier with a fresh alt unless you had a guild that needed the class and was willing to boost. That would also get rid of the afk-to-win-raiders that LFR has brought us.

PS: Also, heroic mode raiding hardly requires you to "devote your life-time to knock down a boss", just look at Group Therapy from Ravencrest-EU, for example. They raid 2 days a week, always have, and have cleared all heroic modes from Ulduar to currently being 8/14 HC in SoO in 25-man mode. Spending your friday and saturday evening raiding is hardly a life-time.
    Last edited by mmoc868d8cd30e; 2013-10-04 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billielecter View Post
    So let's set their over-carefulness aside. As a matter of fact I would't call them discussions at all. I want to say it straightly and directly that heroic raid is the worst thing that Blizzard implanted in this game. The first reason is that it doesn't contribute to any kinds of gaming experience but separating players into different levels and make bunch of so called elites. This game, as a game, doesn't need to be so professional and cutting-edged that requires players to devote their life-time to knock down a boss. Yes, I know Blizzard is elitism, it is always the case and this elitism is rooted deeply in their designing mind.
    Yes, because wanting to play at a higher difficulty level is solely because of "elitism"...nope, people don't want a challenge, they just want to feel "elite". Totally.

And no, heroics do not require you to "devote your life". Back in cata, I was in a casual raiding guild that only raided 2 nights a week for about 3 hours each, and we still managed to get 9/13 heroics in T11.

And secondly Blizzard is lazy and retarded in designing a varieties of raids so guess what, he comes up with an brilliant idea that he only needs designing one raid and separates it. So wow, we are so happy to have so many raids but unfortunately it is all the same faces and all the same contents. This alone makes this game much more boring than any time before while at the same time Blizzard is happy in cutting off the budget so he could save some money at the cost of sacrificing its fun. Strangely WOW has became a game that designers cuts off game content for saving money. Don't you tell me it's a smart way to run a company rather than committing suicide.
    I have no idea what you're trying to say here, but it sounds completely biased and wrong by the words you're using.

Lastly heroic raid isn't heroic at all. It's only a boss piled up with statics which requires you with higher pve gears and more devoting time.
    Yes...that's kinda what "higher difficulty" entails. Harder bosses and higher level gear.

I don't see anything may represent heroic here. I only see some players showing off their H-achievement and spending their whole day to be addicted to this game.
    Sounds to me like you're just mad because you can't play well enough to get into a heroic raid.

This is how the anti-social environment generates in this game. Pve should not be the most important part of this game.
    PvE has been the most important part of the game since Vanilla. Not sure where you've been. And tell me, how exactly is "25 people getting together to do a raid" anti-social?

Blizzard is trying to make raid hard and difficult to please hard-cores while I tell you the truth it only results in losing more subscribers.
    Oh yeah, this is totally the wrong way to run the game. That's why WoW pushed back up over 10mil subscribers! ....wait....

Because people are divided and defined and between different groups there is no communication or interaction.
    "No communication or interaction" ? Where are you getting this from?

OP, your post sounds like a load of whiny, ranty crap with nothing to back up your statements other than anecdotes. I'm gonna go with RickJamesLich and ask you, "what did you smoke tonight?"

Heroic Mode should definitely exist.

Raidfinder or Flex however should not, I'd pick Flex to stay cause Raidfinder is just not any fun at all, most people don't really care if the boss dies or not and they are pulling absolute shit dps/healing that combined with bosses where you can just ignore all mechanics is just no fun.

If there wasn't any heroic mode, normal mode would either be way too hard (sunwell) = casuals who are better than Raidfinder and Flex but not quite skilled/dedicated enough for heroic would have a tough time. Or it would be too easy (Naxx25) and hardcore/semi-hardcore would just steamroll the content in a day and then have nothing new to do.

I do however think Blizzard usually are a bit too lazy when it comes to designing a heroic mode encounter. They increase the boss health, damage and add 1 new thing to the encounter. Say for example if they had made Paragons HC by having all of the bosses up at the same time and not increase health/dmg or adding one more mechanic, that could be interesting.

Deleted
    Very simple to understand. Same pay, same gear. They only play for their own good, so no need to award better gears. Just as everybody else is ok. Can't you understand?
    Same pay, same level. Why is that player lvl 90 while I'm only 47? See how ridiculous that sounds? And in truth that is even less ridiculous than your argument, as heroic gear requires skill in addition to some time commitment, whereas any 6 year old could level to 90 with enough time.

hc wouldnt be needed,if bosses on normal would be as hard as naxx 40 and sunwell were at their representive levels and patches. But if blizz would do that, people will complain that they cant get to see all the content aswell

Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post
    Same pay, same level. Why is that player lvl 90 while I'm only 47? See how ridiculous that sounds? And in truth that is even less ridiculous than your argument, as heroic gear requires skill in addition to some time commitment, whereas any 6 year old could level to 90 with enough time.
    Yeah, it sounds to me like OP is just mad that he can't get into a heroic raid, so he goes and makes this big whiny rant about "Heroics are antisocial and segregating the community! All heroic raiders are just elitists!" and other such crap.

Take that into consideration.
    What is that even supposed to mean, "Yes" or "No" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I guess people care because they are paying for content that over 90% of them will never get to see whilst this would be fine if there was content developed for the majority it is not the case. Instead they are given a watered down version of the content not because they are interested in it but to justify the time and expense spent on creating the content they had no access to in the first place.
    So the solution is to remove content?
    I dont get it :/
    I'm not raiding hc. I wont get there anytime soon. But why do I care if people are raiding it? Just gives me something to strive for. I suck at pvp and will never get any of the high end titles/mounts from pvp but why should I care if people get them. Good for them!
    Besides, the content is there. There is nothing barring you. There is no special key to enter it or some attunement of some sort. Its all up to the player. His time and dedication. If you dont have either then raid something that suits you better. heck you have 3 other modes to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Sorry, your ilevel needs to be higher to derail a thread kek.

Keep on topic mate! Down with Heroic modes!

You should be able to clear the hardest mode in a game without insane levels of time commitment. A competent guild that raids 3 days a week should be able to clear it in 1-2 months. Let them farm it for 4 months then release a new tier. Not so bad,
    Ahaha good laugh, not trying to derail, just saiyan.

And yea, that's what guilds can do. Good competent people can play a little bit and still clear the content since that's what it's made for. These super high end world first guilds aren't the target audience for Heroics, it's the '5%' guilds. The top 5% roughly in ranking are the target audience for them and they do just fine. It's extremely rare for them to say a fight is too hard but really common for them to say stuff is too easy.

Level and gear are totally different.

So what exactly are you doing besides bashing elitists? Or are you saying that "remove LFR" threads don't get the same amount of indignant responses from casual players?
    I very rarely see indignant responces from casual players, most of them defend their content and just want to be left alone and they don't bother the hardcore raider. I do say rarely because there are people like OP of this thread who are doing the same things that elitists are doing but from the other side of the fence.

As far as bashing elitists go, we don't shame people who behave shamefully enough in our society. If you don't tell people that they are behaving badly then they just continue to feel that they can justify any behavior because it turns out okay for them personally.

Thankfully Blizzard does not listen to all these people who think others don't deserve to enjoy the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Level and gear are totally different.
    How? you being higer level than me makes you more powerful than me and you can do more in the game at higher level and have access to more spells!

If anythign level disparity is a greater variable in segregating the comunity than gear at max level is!

Same pay same power no? so why have levels in your model?