Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Father Disowns Homophobic Daughter in Epic Letter

Dear Christine,

I’m disappointed in you as a daughter. You’re correct that we have a “shame in the family”, but mistaken about what it is. Kicking Chad out of your home simply because he told you he was gay is the real “abomination” here. A parent disowning her child is what goes “against nature.” The only intelligent thing I heard you saying in all this was that “you didn’t raise your son to be gay." Of course you didn’t. He was born this way and didn’t choose it any more than he being left-handed. You however, have made a choice of being hurtful, narrow-minded and backward. So, while we are in the business of disowning our children, I think I’ll take this moment to say goodbye to you. I now have a fabulous (as the gays put it) grandson to raise, and I don’t have time for heart-less B-word of a daughter. If you find your heart, give us a call. – Dad.
    http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/fat...230436549.html

Let's hope this thread doesn't deteriorate like the last one: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ng-letter-fake
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed a epic letter, let's just hope that she does realise how wrong and ignorant she is.

Deleted
    Thank god he has some sense

Disowning a kid is pretty shitty to do, in both cases here.

First one was wrong, second one was wrong and attention-whoring.

But hey, two wrongs do make a right when it comes to social issues, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Sad story for everyone involved.
    Kudos to the father as well.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Epic gay propaganda. GGWP.

Infracted - please post constructively
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-10-04 at 01:42 PM.

I hope this is as real as in my own family. I'd do the same. Any bigot of human rights where it be female, gay, black or white. Whethere it be straight or gay. My message to you is you're not a welcome bigot in my family's picnic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    Epic gay propaganda. GGWP.
    It's not gay propaganda, it's human rights propaganda. Every human being has the right to be what he/or she wants, and that's none of anyone elses business. Alot of people think that homosexuality is something you 'convert' to, and that is ignorant. Nobody chooses their sexuality.

So, he tries to prove a point about his daughter disowning her son by...disowning his daughter? :P I feel like this could have been handled differently.

Wonder if it's a true story or just made up. I don't trust private business getting world attention with some seeming grandeur which is not great at all.

Deleted
    That's a civilized and reasonable letter but as others have stated already, this doesn't seem legit. No one would make this public knowledge unless they're attention seekers and in that case the chance is pretty big the letter and it's content is gravely exaggerated from the truth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KayossZero View Post
    I hope this is as real as in my own family. I'd do the same. Any bigot of human rights where it be female, gay, black or white. Whethere it be straight or gay. My message to you is you're not a welcome bigot in my family's picnic.
    So in short you're a bigot towards bigots? Makes sense I guess, or perhaps people should just stop hating eachother for real.

Quote Originally Posted by KayossZero View Post
    And what if they just never give their opinion on such issues? Will you let them come to your picnic then? Or do you put everyone in your family and circle of friends up to a litmus test?

Awesome. But:
    -Who even writes letters anymore?
    -Why would it be signed "Dad" while simultaneously disowning its target?
    -How the hell did Yahoo get a hold of this piece of news?

Whoa, go dad.
    Ok on one hand, he could have handled it a bit more delicately but I am guessing he knows his own daughter enough to know if the more delicate path would work.

Good for him and his grandson.

Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    It's not gay propaganda, it's human rights propaganda. Every human being has the right to be what he/or she wants, and that's none of anyone elses business. Alot of people think that homosexuality is something you 'convert' to, and that is ignorant. Nobody chooses their sexuality.
    So if people want to be pedophiles thats cool to cause they are born that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    Yep, cause those are totally comparable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    No, that's a mental disease which causes harm to other people and needs to be treated.