Deleted

Evil Eye of Galakras + Shockwave

Hi guys,
    I looked over this trinket and the talenttree of the warrior.
    Shockwave gets a 20s CD reduce if it hits >=3 targets. The trinket in its best version (heroic warforged) on the other hand gives a nice 50% cd reduction.

My question is: Will the trinket reduce the CD from 40s to 20s flat and if u hit 3 or more targets the CD should be 0s? If this is right, shouldn't Shockwave be the best talent for AoE?
    Or will the CDR of the trinket reduce the 20s (if u hit 3 or more targets) to 10s?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Sorry for bad english

Deleted
    It will reduce CD by just 33% of original duration, its not 50%.

Since its not cooldown reduction but rather increased cooldown regeneration the math for Shockwave on >=3 targets with fully upgraded HC TF evil eye should be as follows.

20 seconds * (1/(1 + 50/100) = 13.3 seconds.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by godded View Post
    Since its not cooldown reduction but rather increased cooldown regeneration the math for Shockwave on >=3 targets with fully upgraded HC TF evil eye should be as follows.

and now tell me its not working in pvp cause i can feel the QQ by now

*edit*

ok nevermind pvp 1 target ^^
    Last edited by Flura; 2013-10-04 at 09:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by godded View Post

This is correct.. Just to simplify it for people who shit bricks when they see an equation with brackets:

If you want to work out how long a CD actually takes to come off CD with one of these CD recovery rate trinkets, merely divide the time by 1.% on the trinket.

HC Warforged Evil Eye is 50%, so when working out new CD times, you would divide the original CD rate by 1.50.

For example, as Godded said when Shockwave hits 3 or more adds:

20secs/1.50 = 13.33333 secs.

To answer the original question, I think it takes off the 20secs straight away (for hitting 3 or more targets) and then the trinket effect takes place after, making it a 13.333 sec CD.

If you hit one target with Shockwave:

40sec/1.50 = 26.66666 secs.

Because of this, even if the trinket effect happens prior to the negated 20secs for hitting 3+ adds, Shockwave would always have a 6.666sec CD, making it unspammable.
    Last edited by mmoc347565242b; 2013-10-04 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Original brainfart corrected.

Shockwave, with a Heroic WF 2/2 CDR trinket has 6.66667 sec cd, if it hits 3+targets. The CD reduction from the trinket counts from the original 40seconds, and then a flat 20seconds is cut of when it hits 3targets.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Shockwave, with a Heroic WF 2/2 CDR trinket has 6.66667 sec cd, if it hits 3+targets. The CD reduction from the trinket counts from the original 40seconds, and then a flat 20seconds is cut of when it hits 3targets.
    Oh wow! That's quite awesome ^.^

what other abilities get a cool down reduction? I'm especially interested in "offensive" prot abilities. Are there any rage generating prot abilities that are affected by this trinket?

Evil Eye of Galakras only work for Fury and Arms excip. The tank version, Vial of Living Corruption dose not reduce the CD of any rotational ability, so you won't get any higher rage income by having it equipped (If you don't count the reduced CD on Demo Shout and our 4set).
    My Stream

That is correct. I did point this out like months ago while testing it on PTR (with normal trinket ofc, and that put the CD around 8 seconds), but I guess most people don't read up the forums that much.

I wouldn't put it against people. Most forum users don't read up on all the information beforehand. Quite a lot of people will come to the forums only when they actually want the information, so when they get a CDR trinket, they come to the forums and ask how it work, even though we have made plenty of well written and informative posts over the past few months on PTR. It's just something we all need to get used to.
    My Stream

I wouldn't put it against people. Most forum users don't read up on all the information beforehand. Quite a lot of people will come to the forums only when they actually want the information, so when they get a CDR trinket, they come to the forums and ask how it work, even though we have made plenty of well written and informative posts over the past few months on PTR. It's just something we all need to get used to.
    Sarri, how does I warrior pleaz?

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Sarri, how does I warrior pleaz?
    There are three quite advanced steps you need to take to become a good warrior.

Step 1: Spec Arms

Step 2: Apply face to keyboard

Step 3: Repeat Step 2 in a fast and repetitive fashion
    My Stream

There are three quite advanced steps you need to take to become a good warrior.

Step 1: Spec Arms

Step 2: Apply face to keyboard

Step 3: Repeat Step 2 in a fast and repetitive fashion
    Step 4: Profit ???

Am I doing it right?

I thought we were supposed to keep the cat in the bag?
    Window#1725

Easy - US Zul'jin