Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Okay but which level 90 talent?

Quote Originally Posted by xap View Post
    Okay but which level 90 talent?
    for now having nothing to do with MIN/MAXING etc, I am going with EB (Gimp shaman)

reason is the other two just bake in some dmg to your overall dmg and EB looks cool and hits hard, so is sort of generally just cooler overall

And in reality with a 5 stack of maelstrom you should be casting this over lightening bolt do other then perhaps the odd time this is on cool down u need to hit lightening bolt, your not really complicating things to much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post

And in reality with a 5 stack of maelstrom you should be casting this over lightening bolt do other then perhaps the odd time this is on cool down u need to hit lightening bolt, your not really complicating things to much
    just to re-state in case you misunderstood: (and you may not care since you aren't min/maxin, which is fine) the above usage of EB is sub-optimal. Optimal usage is to cast EB as long as you have at least 1 charge of MW and it comes off CD and Searing Totem is already down. It isn't as simple as substituting EB for LB when available.

eidt: true, it does look cool.
    Last edited by shokter; 2013-10-13 at 08:14 PM.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    just to re-state in case you misunderstood: (and you may not care since you aren't min/maxin, which is fine) the above usage of EB is sub-optimal. Optimal usage is to cast EB as long as you have at least 1 charge of MW and it comes off CD and Searing Totem is already down. It isn't as simple as substituting EB for LB when available.

eidt: true, it does look cool.
    im doing quests on timeless isle replacing 450 and lower gear I don't think it really matters to much at this point it just feels more impacting then an improved cooldown ability, or stronger baked in dmg to the unleash elements. Also it seems like it will be good in pvp (once I stop getting attacked by guys with 450-600k hps with me only having 300 lol)

Sorry I was just amusing myself after that shitstorm of the last 4 pages.

I am of the opinion of using the spec which feels the most comfortable, as PE/UF are so very close.

I am in a 25 man and we're 9/14h, I smash metres using as/pe, I only have rf aoc and 4p, only melee who can beat me is our feral. We're in a great spot, but I don't like EB, I just don't. I Perform very well as is, and I sim based on my preferences and I do very competitive dps and earn my raid spot which is what matters at the end of the day.

So anyone who is looking for the answer to the title, do what feels comfortable and gives you results! There is no right or wrong answer this time.

2p favours UF yet our BiS trinket favours PE, go with what feels right, it works for me.

Deleted
    I am going with UF not because it's the best or something, but because it reduces the clunckyness of this spec. Using PE or EB (although they're both great) somehow feels not right (I don't like casting as a melee, sorry, but state of "melee-enhacement" reminds me of Cata Warlocks)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xap View Post
    Sorry I was just amusing myself after that shitstorm of the last 4 pages.

I am of the opinion of using the spec which feels the most comfortable, as PE/UF are so very close.

I am in a 25 man and we're 9/14h, I smash metres using as/pe, I only have rf aoc and 4p, only melee who can beat me is our feral. We're in a great spot, but I don't like EB, I just don't. I Perform very well as is, and I sim based on my preferences and I do very competitive dps and earn my raid spot which is what matters at the end of the day.

So anyone who is looking for the answer to the title, do what feels comfortable and gives you results! There is no right or wrong answer this time.

2p favours UF yet our BiS trinket favours PE, go with what feels right, it works for me.
    The long debate, if u can call it that, with ProfessorExpert was about the fact that EB is in fact not the "theoretically or practically BEST" choice. UF/PE are both superior atm, that was my point He kept insisting EB was somehow the best talent because he liked it best.

Btw out of personal interest: I always found AS to perform much worse than EM in my raids, how does it fare for you? Nearly every fight feels better with EM burst phases for me, i feel like AS is a waste of potential half the time.
    Last edited by miffy23; 2013-10-14 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    The long debate, if u can call it that, with ProfessorExpert was about the fact that EB is in fact not the "theoretically or practically BEST" choice. UF/PE are both superior atm, that was my point He kept insisting EB was somehow the best talent because he liked it best.

Btw out of personal interest: I always found AS to perform much worse than EM in my raids, how does it fare for you? Nearly every fight feels better with EM burst phases for me, i feel like AS is a waste of potential half the time.
    Once you have AoC the cooldowns are asynchronous so the benefit of EM over AS is mitigated, and AS becomes better as the haste is increased for every cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangar View Post
    Once you have AoC the cooldowns are asynchronous so the benefit of EM over AS is mitigated, and AS becomes better as the haste is increased for every cooldown.
    I do have AoC, I will have to try out AS tonight then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangar View Post
    Upgraded AoC + Glyph of PE puts PE at 1.7 min CD. With EM on 1.5 min. So its a 12 sec gap. Aligns pretty nicely imo.

Edit: UF+AS simmed out to be a 5k dps loss for me. So its maybe a 1-2% difference on theoritical patchwerk fight. Players can pick pretty much what they enjoy playing / fits the fight better, e.g PE is better on burst/downtime bosses like Immerseus.
    Last edited by Geekboy; 2013-10-15 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekboy View Post
    Upgraded AoC + Glyph of PE puts PE at 1.7 min CD. With EM on 1.5 min. So its a 12 sec gap. Aligns pretty nicely imo.

Edit: UF+AS simmed out to be a 5k dps loss for me. So its maybe a 1-2% difference on theoritical patchwerk fight. Players can pick pretty much what they enjoy playing / fits the fight better, e.g PE is better on burst/downtime bosses like Immerseus.

I stuck with PE/EM after some experimenting. It just works out much better on pretty much all bosses. Nearly all the encounters atm have some kind of downtime where ur not really benefiting from AS, making EM that much better imo. The cooldowns aren't THAT out of whack, and PE is just my favourite talent. I'll probably go with UF/EM when my gear is a bit higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekboy View Post
    It does line up for those two talents. But your trinket procs are likely to get further and further out of sync. There's an AoC trinket (flex?) where it lines up really well to hold EM/PE+Glyph and have your AoC's proc line up as well. But outside of that, the benefit diminishes. And there are fight lengths where there's little/no benefit from the AoC CDR in terms of Fire Elemental uptime as well. Purge breaks it down here.

Deleted
    I found this thread very amusing, especially pages 2-4. We need more threads like this one.
    I'm in a happy place, since I use mainly EotE/UF. It is the combination I love the most. PE = boring, EB = another button to press (buttons, we have plenty), but EotE/UF is the bomb-babe. Great synergy and competitive enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorbus View Post
    I found this thread very amusing, especially pages 2-4. We need more threads like this one.
    I'm in a happy place, since I use mainly EotE/UF. It is the combination I love the most. PE = boring, EB = another button to press (buttons, we have plenty), but EotE/UF is the bomb-babe. Great synergy and competitive enough.
    Well noone ever denied that all talents are viable and competitive I was merely defending the fact that certain talents are just objectively superior at current gear levels. Doesn't mean everyone has to take em *shrug*