Deleted

Resto Nature's Vigil Details and Galakras Boss

For a Resto Druid do I understand this talent right?

Single target heals so
    Rejuv / Nourish / HT / regrowth / Swiftmend

So I get roughly a 12% increase to all heals and when I cast one of the above single target heals they also do 25% of the (total) heal as damage to an mob / boss?

Is that right?

For Galakras just the boss bit where the damage ramps up what are my best CDs in that talent section for burst healing it. Will I get more healing from MOTW or Nature's Vigil

It's actually more than what you wrote.

There are 4 effects:
    12% increased healing to all heals.
    Single target heals heal nearby allies for an additional 25%
    Single target heals will damage nearby enemies for 25% of healing done
    Single target damage will heal nearby allies for 25% of the damage done (though this part is the least relevant as a healer for your question)

As to which is better, HoTW is better for this fight since its the last phase that is most intense and will benefit greatly from the 25% increased healing for 45 secs.
    NV is decent and will give you smaller burst healing more often through the first phase of the fight, and will be helpful during the last phase as well.

I personally lean towards NV as the added healing and damage is useful in both phase 1 and 2 - but that's mostly since our guild is still sloppy in phase 1.
    NV plus rejuv spam is a lot of extra smart healing and damage going out. Try both and see which works best for your raid. Using NV last think i think i was getting around 5-6 million damage and 4-5 million bonus healing (not including the 12% healing bonus) - though now that we are better at phase 1 may swap to HoTW
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-10-04 at 06:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    It's actually more than what you wrote.

There are 4 effects:
    12% increased healing to all heals.
    Single target heals heal nearby allies for an additional 25%
    Single target heals will damage nearby enemies for 25% of healing done
    Single target damage will heal nearby allies for 25% of the damage done (though this part is the least relevant as a healer for your question)

As to which is better, its a tough call, NV will give you smaller burst healing more often through the first phase of the fight, and will be helpful during the last phase as well.
    HoTW you'd have to save until the final phase for the 25% boosted healing for 45 secs. (on top of the 6% int throughout the fight)

I personally lean towards NV as the added healing and damage is useful in both phase 1 and 2. NV plus rejuv spam is a lot of extra smart healing and damage going out. Try both and see which works best for you. Using NV last think i think i was getting around 5-6 million damage and 4-5 million bonus healing (not including the 12% healing bonus)

If you are only looking at the last phase...then HoTW is prolly the stronger out of the two healing wise unless your last phase lasts a long while, enough for multiple NV's to catch up to HoTW - (which would be uncommon since usually thats the hero burn to get through it as fast as possible).
    Blimey didn't realise the healing also gave 25 percent smart heal. Just reading some other posts, does mushroom bloom come under NV, that would be a massive heal / damage.

Thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    You have misunderstood, this is not true.

Example, litterally pulled from combat log mere seconds ago just to verify:

My actions
    Your Healing Touch healed You 138789 Nature.
    Your Nature's Vigil healed You 34697 Nature.
    Your Nature's Vigil hit Training Dummy 1 Nature. (34697 Overkill)
    Your Ysera's Gift healed You 32640 Nature.
    What happened to me
    Your Healing Touch healed You 138789 Nature.
    Your Nature's Vigil healed You 34697 Nature.
    The "single target damage converted to healing" aspect is only procced when you do damage. When would you want to do damage? Horridon +200% wrathspam and the likes.

As for the Galakras fight, I'd go with HotW. Why? The previous phases poses no threat what so ever, and the baseline 6% extra intellect plays well with a scenario where "nothing" happens.

The second phase, i.e where he lands, is where things really get heated, and you'll want all your canons relaoded and ready for this. Alltho NV is "bursty-er" with its 40% increase to your effective HPS; the added 15 seconds comming from HotW equls a higher total HPS gain, and in the end thats probably where you want to put your money.

Either talent is fine, but I've found tranq doing gods work several times in the phase after galakras lands, and NV only buffs tranq by mere 12% (since its an "aoe" spell), whereas HotW buffs it by entire 27-29% (25+6%int).

Just dont play DoC, and you'll be fine.
    ^ I agree with this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bzl View Post
    It's you that misunderstood, casting wrath, moonfire, mangle, whacking a mob with your staff, will all heal nearby allies by 25% of the damage you did. It doesn't double-dip with itself though, which is probably what you thought it was all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bzl View Post
    What? Nonsense. What Keiyra wrote is completely correct.

Other than that, I also favor HotW for Galakras hc, as P1 is completely irrelevant, and P2 very short, giving a great HotW uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    It's you that misunderstood, casting wrath, moonfire, mangle, whacking a mob with your staff, will all heal nearby allies by 25% of the damage you did.
    Exactly what i meant, thank you - And i never said it was something you would do, i was simply listing it as another effect from the talent to be thorough. (Though i'll often toss a moonfire on banner or totems, etc - and should that coincide with NV, then i get a bonus tiny heal - i'd never dps during NV just to generate heals - that's asinine and not what i suggested at all.)

as for:
    Just reading some other posts, does mushroom bloom come under NV, that would be a massive heal / damage.
    Shroom bloom counts as an aoe heal so it only benefits from the 12% increased healing - it doesn't generate additional damage or the 25% bonus heals
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-10-04 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    It doesn't double-dip with itself though, which is probably what you thought it was all about.
    I apologize for "correcting" Keiyra, this was what I read in my drunken haze, as in, healing will damage, and that damage will again heal. My bad.
    ^ I agree with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    For a Resto Druid do I understand this talent right?

Single target heals so
    Rejuv / Nourish / HT / regrowth / Swiftmend

So I get roughly a 12% increase to all heals and when I cast one of the above single target heals they also do 25% of the (total) heal as damage to an mob / boss?

Is that right?

For Galakras just the boss bit where the damage ramps up what are my best CDs in that talent section for burst healing it. Will I get more healing from MOTW or Nature's Vigil
    Nature's Vigil is almost always the best talent. Thing is that you have to learn how to utilize the talent correctly for it to be as powerful as it could be, on a fight with poor NV management It does about 5% of my raw output (12% healing increase not included), and on a fight with good management I can sometimes get 9-13% depending on the nature of the fight.
    If you're interested in the math you should read:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ture%27s+vigil

Quote Originally Posted by Caprisonne View Post
    Nature's Vigil is almost always the best talent.
    In general, agreed. Galakras is an excellent example of a fight where HotW is far superior, though. NV allows for an impressively high uptime, but HotW packs a bigger punch per activation and is much more powerful when you really need burst, as it provides a massive buff to both shroom bloom and Tranquility (neither of which gains very much from NV).
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    In general, agreed. Galakras is an excellent example of a fight where HotW is far superior, though. NV allows for an impressively high uptime, but HotW packs a bigger punch per activation and is much more powerful when you really need burst, as it provides a massive buff to both shroom bloom and Tranquility (neither of which gains very much from NV).
    You're totally right, but it's also just in the end. I like to burst 2 times throughout this encounter; the first time when snake spawns and the second time when the Galakras burn starts. this might also be a question of 25m or 10m since the splashheal is a huge thing in 25m (at least, dont know about 10m) where I can get 7 digit numbers out from just this one talent on top of the 12% increase.

What I'm trying to say is that it's far from black and white.