Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is a bit extreme, but on the other hand they knew that they were breaking the law. It's not like they didn't know what they did was wrong when trying to get an other child.

Overpopulation is a real issue. The earth can't support us if we continue to grow in numbers, the total number of humans actually needs to decrease. The best thing for us humans as a race would be if other countries around the world adopted the "one-family-one-child" rule from China, especially countries like India.
    Last edited by zephid; 2013-10-04 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Then why didn't she get a abortion to start?
    Agreed. It isn't a valid excuse why she broke the law.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Overpopulation is a real issue. The earth can't support us if we continue to grow in numbers, the total number of humans actually needs to decrease.
    On a macro level this is false. It's only true in micro level examinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    This is what happens when a government no longer has humanity left.
    What is "humanity"? Humans are only species on this planet that kill for no reason at all.

Forced medical procedures are a no-go Its always risky and abortions are no expection. And why the fuck did they break in their home at 4am? Those "oficials" are simply sociopaths. Im pro abortion and i dont even want children myself but this is simply cruel.
    People that have no or 1 kid should be rewarded, not the ones with more punished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Could they not send the family a letter saying something along the lines of:

"We've scheduled an abortion procedure for on October 12th at 9am, in accordance with our one child policy. If you are not present, then you will be apprehended and forced to undergo this procedure at a later date."

Is that asking too much?
    No, that's asking to family to pack up and run and hide.

There is a reason they don't tell them, otherwise if they knew when you were coming, you can ensure to hide.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    Humans are only species on this planet that kill for no reason at all.
    That's just blatantly false.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ncy-China.html

Tasted bile while reading through that. Having one of the highest execution rates wasn't enough, clearly, so China is broadening its scope of government-mandated murder to allow for inhumane brutality like that. China apparently "credits the policy with preventing hundreds of millions of births and helping lift countless families out of poverty".

Should nations ever seek progress even if it means wantonly engaging in such sacrilege?

I'm quite speechless..
    Their country, their laws, their situation. This occurs throughout the world yet you have a problem with the Chinese for doing it.

I don't believe in abortion as a Muslim and it is murder but China is not the only brutal nation. Most of the world's nations are brutal. With power comes such brutality. In China however it is a need at this time (in their opinion). I don't condone it but it's their business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kakihara View Post
    Forced medical procedures are a no-go Its always risky and abortions are no expection. And why the fuck did they break in their home at 4am? Those "oficials" are simply sociopaths. Im pro abortion and i dont even want children myself but this is simply cruel.
    People that have no or 1 kid should be rewarded, not the ones with more punished.
    The law is the law, that is their way of life in China and has been that way for over 40 years.

They show up in the middle of the night unannounced so that the person they are there to take away doesn't pack and run.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    What is "humanity"? Humans are only species on this planet that kill for no reason at all.

You clearly have never owned a cat.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...ill/56831262/1

The cats brought home just under a quarter of what they killed, ate 30% and left 49% to rot where they died.

I'm kind of surprised how many people are 100% supporting this. It's one thing if you make the woman have an abortion but to kick down their down at 4 am have a dozen officers swarm in and then drag her through the streets seems a bit barbaric no? I understand that they are overpopulated and that they have a law but do you really need 12 full grown men to apprehend one pregnant woman? I don't think the OP meant that making her have an abortion was wrong just the way they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    This is actually what happens when a government can see past emotion and focus on the simple logic that their country, much like the world as a whole, is grossly overpopulated and trending towards a very bleak future. Policies like this are created when people can actually make hard decisions in the hopes of the future of mankind instead of knee-jerk sentimentality. Only the most ignorant people would actually make an outcry for a single aborted child while literally millions die from starvation every year.

Less people, not more people, welcome to common fucking sense.
    I don't disagree at all that overpopulation is an issue, so calm your tits a little. The issue is when the law causes a nearly viable fetus to be destroyed against the mother's will instead of issue a huge fine or incarceration for this offence. The logic applied to this situation by the government opens doors for some terrible atrocities to occur.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Perhaps she shouldn't have tried to cheat the government by failing to inform them of her 2nd, illegal pregnancy.

One-child policy is there for a reason. A government should take measures to enforce it - even if it means forced abortions. A law is only as good as its enforcement.
    Dude what the hell....sometimes these things happen. Ever hear about unplanned pregnancies, she was probably too afraid with how repressive the authorities are to say anything. What they did/do is barbaric, but not surprising. China can't keep up with its overpopulation.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Wow you people make me sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    No it's actually true on a macro scale as well. The only way for the earth to support 10 billion people is if we in the western world are willing to lower our standard of living.

There is actually no way for the earth to support us all if everyone required the same living standard as the western world.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't know why you think a forced abortion is worse than taking away everything someone has or jailing them.
    If it's for a child you intend to carry to term, it's every bit as bad. Regardless of the child's degree of sentience, its parents love it like an actual, living, full-fledged human being. It is all that to the parents.

For you to make a remark like that, I don't think you've ever been a parent yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Agreed. It isn't a valid excuse why she broke the law.

- - - Updated - - -

I see what you are saying. Human's have not even taken up 1/2 of the Earths area. But habitable area is getting filled up. Granted it would be quite a long time before it became a problem, but why not start now to ensure it never becomes a problem in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by lapianan View Post
    It's one thing if you make the woman have an abortion but to kick down their down at 4 am have a dozen officers swarm in and then drag her through the streets seems a bit barbaric no?
    Not really. To the best of my knowledge, law enforcement procedures should be carried out in a fashion that minimizes risk to both the officers and the apprehended. Their actions certainly seemed to work to do so here.

Newsflash - people lie.
    News flash. The story is more than likely fake to start with since there is a fine system in place for having more than one child. You can also have more than one if you and your spouse were only children. Anywho - you believe the story and that a gov would force an abortion yet you don't believe a woman would use BC in a country with a one child law after already having a 10 year old?

You're picking and choosing what to believe in order to impose your own personal beliefs on a clearly BS story. There's no reason to lie about the BC when families can just pay a fine if they don't meet the half dozen other criteria for having a second child.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Don't worry, according to this crowd abortion isn't murdering anything, so there's really no harm done. They're just making her stomach smaller!

Liberal trolling aside, it's pretty messed up, but what can you do? It's their culture and they can do as they please.

That's just blatantly false.
    How is this false, Everything else kills to protect itself or for food. There are humans that actually draw amusement from murder.