Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Endus knows far more about Canada than what you read on nationalistic websites.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wall_Street_Journal

Sure is nationalistic.

My original point still stands. Reading it online doesn't mean you suddenly have a superior knowledge of Canada. Especially with your past actions of skewing and rejecting data.

Deleted
    My original point still stands. Reading it online doesn't mean you suddenly have a superior knowledge of Canada. Especially with your past actions of skewing and rejecting data.
    Likewise can be said about you labelling the sweden democrats as nazis.

When they actively spew the same doctrine themselves, I can call it when I see it.

But comparing a nation from a single article and a party but what they say isn't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    From my experience it works rather well in Scotland. Ive genuinly never heard or seen a case of violent racism in my daily life, and there are few in the news. Most of the immigrants who come here fit right in and dont create ghettos or whatever else. Granted theres not a lot of immigrants, but the ones who are here are welcomed readily, and they seem to integrate well. I suspect this is due to the fact most are here to study or work, rather than to seek asylum.
    Well, there was that one case with Kriss Donald, but they're so rare that when it happens it becomes a massive deal (which happened in this case). Glasvegas even wrote a song about it (Flowers and Football tops, the 'you are my sunshine' at the end is chilling) It was more of a gang thing than race though iirc, although they were charged with racially motivated murder.

Story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kriss_Donald
    Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdMclauzZPU

Other than that yeah, we're pretty good with multiculturalism up here

Deleted
    They spew no doctrine that can be amounted to nazism. They're a socially conservative party who wants to reduce the immigration rate to more managable levels which will allow for easier assimilation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Basically no no problems whatsoever? Think we have different definitions of that.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...060914466.html
    Nothing you cited there is evidence of any "problem". Just public opinion, and some decisions by our current Conservative government which are pretty meh and represent a shift away from the attitude we've had for decades, that I'm talking about.

Canada isn't having any actual problems as a result of multiculturalism. We celebrate our diversity, for the most part.

Yeah blood purity isn't what Nazis when on and on about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nothing you cited there is evidence of any "problem". Just public opinion, and some decisions by our current Conservative government which are pretty meh and represent a shift away from the attitude we've had for decades, that I'm talking about.
    Few decades? The liberal party has been in power most of the century.

Deleted
    Yeah blood purity isn't what Nazis when on and on about.
    The Sweden Democrats do not promote that now, they've changed. This party does however.

Deleted
    Do you have the actual survey tiili? All i can find are opinion pieces, nothing of how widespread the survey was or who was targeted for it to formulate the report.

But overall, Canada is the prime example - with the majority of it's citizens being extremely happy and crime free, with the majority of it's high populated cities being extremely diverse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Few decades? The liberal party has been in power most of the century.
    Yes, but we officially adopted multiculturalism as a government policy starting in the '70s.

Yeah, the Swedish Democrats changed that's why recently they just make up crimes to accuse immigrants of.

Disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yes, but we officially adopted multiculturalism as a government policy starting in the '70s.
    Fair enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if Mooneye is complaining about it, it must be alright.

Yeah, the Swedish Democrats changed that's why recently they just make up crimes to accuse immigrants of.

Disgusting.
    Knocked me out of a wheelchair. Offered to help me get back into it when I fell out.

tomato tomahto

I personally do not think Sweden has a problem with integration or multi-culturalism on a global scale. There are still kinks and issues to knock out.
    I'm not saying the Swedish model is perfect (it's not, I have grave complaints), but it's not bad.
    The Sweden Democrats do not promote that now, they've changed. This party does however.
    Officially. And beyond that you have to consider that everyone with said opinions would vote on them though. Most people voting on them (or against them for the matter) know nothing about them or their politics. Neither do I, but I have decided I do not like them anyway.

Deleted

Disgusting.
    Because no other party has ever accused anyone of anything.

There's people in other parties claiming that only white men can be racist pretty much or people saying that Sweden have no culture or wanting to favor certain immigrants above other people.

Sahlin:
    If two equally qualified persons apply for a job at a workplace with few immigrants, the one called Mohammed should get the job.
    I think that's what makes many Swedes jealous of immigrant groups. You have a culture, an identity, a history, something that brings you together. And what do we have? We have Midsummer's Eve and such silly things.
    Reinfeldt:

Only barbarism is genuinely Swedish. All further development has come from abroad.
    and.. a few years later.

To be honest a great deal of the job problem is connected to foreign born.
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Officially. And beyond that you have to consider that everyone with said opinions would vote on them though. Most people voting on them (or against them for the matter) know nothing about them or their politics. Neither do I, but I have decided I do not like them anyway.
    Just because people with said opinions would vote on them does not mean that the party will be catering to them. They're distancing themselvse from extremism & racism and have kicked out plenty of people from the party who engage in said things.

I know a lot about them and what they want to do. As do I know much about the other parties.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2013-10-05 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Knocked me out of a wheelchair. Offered to help me get back into it when I fell out.

tomato tomahto
    They stole my backpack. Oh wait I just left it behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Because no other party has ever accused anyone of anything.
    Oh yeah, and that makes it right.

I'm done with you.

Deleted
    I don't really care what happens in your country, you did this to yourself, just keep your problems to yourself, i don't want immigrants crossing our bridge or borders, thank you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    When looking at statistics crime per capita is rising every year.
    I dont want to come of as racist or anything now but im 100% positive that the
    level of danger is in direct relation to how many muslims we let into the country.

Report it if you want. There is no denying it.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-10-05 at 01:06 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    To be honest one dont have to. It was the same with the green party MP.
    They had one subject at first and it took them another 7-8 years to even form a base and a program regarding anything else than their core issue.
    It is the same with the SD, they run their show and if you agree that it is a vital issue then you vote for them.
    That plus the usual ammount of people not knowing shit and voting by whatever they ate that particular day.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.