Thread: Logs eval help

Logs eval help

So my guild's doing heroic SoO progression and my damage is a lot lower this tier than last tier (in comparison to others, not on its own). I've convinced myself it's a lack of gear, as the only pieces of gear I've gotten since SoO started are a belt, boots and shoulders. ShC has me at about 265k DPS, but I've been about 240-250k on patchwerk-esque fights (Juggernaut, Dark Shamans). I'm also concerned with the damage on Fallen Protectors, as I'm pulling 240k on that fight, but I've noticed that a lot of rogues are doing above their sim with decent FoK usage, but can't quite figure out when to use it (I've got about half FoK usage or targets hit as many other rogues).

Any advice helps:

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/105755/

That's my guild, name is Lobstahclaw

For your gear I would say your DPS doesn't seem that off. On Fallen Protectors, the only thing I can think of a rogue doing a lot of FoK damage is if they are in a non-AoE-heavy group and get to do the majority of the damage on the adds in Sun's transition. I personally focus down He during that transition so he is close to transitioning right after we come out of that phase, but I have a ton of AoE-capable people to back me up.

Right, but I'm less concerned with "not far off" and why it's "not far off." Last tier I was largely hitting my sim dps on all fights, this tier that's changed. I'm not really bothered by my low damage, either, because I can't expect to pull 300k when I get 0 items.

You didn't sync your last vendetta with your last shadowblades (or, better off, the opposite, but it should be automatic as it was the one on the 6th minute mark). Lining them up along with the potion (which in your parse is only lined up with the 3rd vendetta cast) is pretty huge. You also delayed your 2nd vendetta cast quite a bit (~20-30 seconds?), which made you lose half the buff time on your fourth usage. Delaying your cooldowns as an engineer also means that you're not having synapse springs up for each one of them. (or that you delay synapse, which is suboptimal anyways)

Also keep in mind that if you know you're not gonna get another shadow blades off, you can wait until vendetta has ~a 15 seconds timer left on it in order to try and wait for trinket procs but still benefit from the whole damage increase.

And, you rogues seem not to be tricking each other/anyone else. Why is that?
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2013-10-05 at 10:01 AM.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I did for a bit, but I'm a trial and they don't seem to care about it and the other rogues don't.

And I thought it wasn't worth it to delay Vendetta for Sblades? The delayed use was just not paying attention, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    I did for a bit, but I'm a trial and they don't seem to care about it and the other rogues don't.

And I thought it wasn't worth it to delay Vendetta for Sblades? The delayed use was just not paying attention, though.
    Think of it this way: (talking about without Assurance of Consequence, since it'll be easier that way)

I can use Vendetta every 2 minutes, and Shadow Blades every 3 minutes.
    Vendetta is active for 20-30 seconds, and Shadow Blades is active for 12 seconds.

On a fight that lasts 8 minutes and 30 seconds, I will get 3 uses of Shadow Blades; one at start, one after about 3 minutes, and one after about 6 minutes. Assuming I get to sit on the boss for the entire fight, I'll also get 5 uses of Vendetta; one at start, and one for every 2 minutes after that.

Since SB has a 3 minute cooldown, I can delay using SB until the 3rd and 5th Vendetta, meaning you'll use Shadow Blades at 0:00, 4:00, and 8:00. You do this because the fight isn't going to last long enough to use a 4th SB, and the damage is always going to be better when you can stack your cooldowns.

As a direct response to your past comment, NEVER delay Vendetta for SB, if you can help it. Vendetta is the more powerful CD.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Right. The delay on vendetta was because I was more concerned with not blowing up the raid during p2 (I think I got the lazer focus), but blew SB instead of waiting for the last Vendetta because I didn't think I was gonna get a 3rd.

Realistically, though, it shouldn't be causing a 10k difference in DPS.
    Last edited by Kulestu; 2013-10-05 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    Right. The delay on vendetta was because I was more concerned with not blowing up the raid during p2 (I think I got the lazer focus), but blew SB instead of waiting for the last Vendetta because I didn't think I was gonna get a 3rd.

Realistically, though, it shouldn't be causing a 10k difference in DPS.
    Getting half a vendetta, not lining up cooldowns, getting less uses out of synapse springs can definitely account for 10k and more. Also keep in mind shadowcraft models for 6 minutes fights, not 7 minutes ones.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

If you want to up your damage on protectors focus Sun and Rook. They remain stationary. Let ranged do the work on He unless specifically called on to focus He to push him. Your strat may be different than ours though. We push Sun and He together.
    Last edited by Sicktight; 2013-10-05 at 09:03 PM.

We do as well, but there was a time when we had to focus He and I just SSed over to help on that. My only real concern with Protectors is the FoK usage, but I figured it was largely a non-issue, because I'm doing good single-target damage for the most part.

Was more concerned with the damage being slightly off because I'd like to do as much as I could, so that would be largely on single-target fights.

You're not playing a very good spec, Go combat or Sub.

Combat and Sub are both behind Sin with my gear. I need an AoC which I think I'm last in line to get (for some reason).

Lobstahclaw? Sound fishy. Did you choose that name on porpoise?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Lobstahclaw? Sound fishy. Did you choose that name on porpoise?
    This must have been one of the most useless yet full of win replies I've seen in quite a bit of time.