Blizz policy on oQueue?

Hi guys,

I've been wanting to play some alts of mine, but I get tired of waiting 45 minutes just to play my mage in something. My main is already a hunter, so I wait it out to get the stuff I need and don't complain, the thought of doing it multiple times makes me mildly ill. I used to raid on my hunter so I never had to do the long queue for LFR, and I think it's slowly killing me. Even on my hybrids, I end up playing resto or prot when I'd prefer to play enhancement or fury. I might not even mind healing/tanking in a more organized setting with legitimate people who know what they're doing. With that in mind:

1) What's Blizz's policy on using oQueue to pre-form LFRs/Flexes, etc? Is it a bannable or warnable offense?

2) What're your experiences with it? Do you generally get more skilled players, or is it just addon-savvy LFR-quality players getting quicker queues for LFR?

3) Is this less social, more puggable than OpenRaid? I use OpenRaid to gear up my "important" toons in Flex/normal since I'm no longer raiding in an organized fashion, but sometimes I just want to zone out and tunnel a boss and see big numbers on my boomkin gathering alt with max herbalism/mining.

Deleted
    oQueue is fine, blizzard likes the addon.

ive had good experiences with it overall, if you get a bad player in the group the leader can kick.

i highly recommend the addon!

I have yet to try it, but I have seen some posts of them welcoming the idea of it. To me it sounds like Openraid but in game.

oqueue is exceptionally easy to use, and nearly always gets you the results you desire. best thing to ever happen to people with limited playtime or odd hours imo.

oQueue has been around for nearly a year now. It's been through many of changes since it first was released. I used to use it to get premade BG and RBG groups. The only problem i ran into while using it is, if you turn off the addon i was spammed through realid from people giving me oQueue data and same thing if i had it on and say someone went on their alt and turned it off on that alt i'd spam whisper them random data. Not sure if that's been fixed or not but it's been a few months since i last had to use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyxtyr View Post
    oQueue has been around for nearly a year now. It's been through many of changes since it first was released. I used to use it to get premade BG and RBG groups. The only problem i ran into while using it is, if you turn off the addon i was spammed through realid from people giving me oQueue data and same thing if i had it on and say someone went on their alt and turned it off on that alt i'd spam whisper them random data. Not sure if that's been fixed or not but it's been a few months since i last had to use it.
    I've just come back to the game and used it again for a little bit, I think that issue has been fixed.

Since it auto removes the (oq) from your message box

Deleted
    oQueue should be the basis of how the group finder tools should actually work in WoW, imo. Plus, I've seen at least one CM publicly talk and "suggest" someone to use it so yea, I think Blizz is more than ok with it.

Originally Blizzard opposed oQueue after people were complaining about being owned in BGs by premades. As of a few days ago, they are openly suggesting it on their forums (for pve).

A question: I don't see any LFRs on oQueue - have they fallen out of favor because of Flex, or are the LFRs all on Tuesday or something? I don't think I want to be that serious on these minor alts of mine, I'd just like to play them.

Plus, I have no idea what this contract thing is, I imagine it's some sort of meta game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    A question: I don't see any LFRs on oQueue - have they fallen out of favor because of Flex, or are the LFRs all on Tuesday or something? I don't think I want to be that serious on these minor alts of mine, I'd just like to play them.

Plus, I have no idea what this contract thing is, I imagine it's some sort of meta game?
    you're not really suppose to use Oqueue for things like LFR / LFG, because they are already automated and cross realm, its more for things like flex, normal, old raids, premade BGs and arenas and stuff where you can't easily find a group on some servers

Deleted
    Blues on the forums are suggesting it as well, I do suppose it is fine

Deleted
    Tried it this weekend for flex 3, and yeah, horrible. Clueless everywhere. Openraid seems to work better, but you need to do it days beforehand instead of quick groups.