15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Heh.

You had me worried for a second Bakis on your avatar, it looked like you had a tear tat by your eye...
    Lets just say I weep for people thinking that science is based on a predetermined view and that the use of science should be bent to reflect that view...
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayelie View Post
    I think we all need a cookie break. And a beer. Or wine.

I need after a glass after finding out I am biased, homophobic, and I apparently know nothing of the constitution.
    Sorry girl but you really are a bit of hypocrite. You got in that position. You can try and play nice all you want but the sooner you come to admit it, the better off you will be.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    It's...not...murder.

It's the removal of parasitic flesh. Like removing a tumor, or a cancer. Nothing more nothing less. Calling it murder is way way overboard.

- - - Updated - - -

NOT @ Nayelie

But i actually work with someone who is over the top religious, and has gay friends. But tells me that she tries to pray them straight all the time. I don't get it /
    STFU and take your throw away sociological attitude somewhere else. A fetus is self aware, sentient and intelligent. It is murder. Comparing one to a parasite or tumor is just plain ignorant. I have one word for you if you're too stupid to not get pregnant.

Adoption.

Edit: Go to a health clinic and get free BC. Simple as that. Murdering an innocent child is wrong. Period.
    Last edited by Cerus; 2013-10-05 at 04:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    Dig all you want, there is no generally accepted consensus on when life begins. It could be conception according to some groups, it could be when the first kick is felt according to some groups, it could be at the point of viability to some groups, it could be when it takes it's first breath to some groups.
    You are literally going to convince NOBODY or change anyones minds on the issue, it is an issue that everyone came into with a bias, that's all there is to it.
    Hey my mind was changed, I was going with brain waves until a rational argument for fetal viability was presented.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Sorry girl but you really are a bit of hypocrite. You got in that position. You can try and play nice all you want but the sooner you come to admit it, the better off you will be.
    I do agree, you're attempting to defend your position by impositions and acting... "nice" - It won't work, it doesn't hide that you have in some cases; a very bigoted view.

That being said, you're genuinely being forthcoming and engaging - So... you've got that going for you, which is nice. (Bill murray oooooh!)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayelie View Post
    I think we all need a cookie break. And a beer. Or wine.

I need after a glass after finding out I am biased, homophobic, and I apparently know nothing of the constitution.
    Nothing more comfortable than enjoying a cookie after playing the victim card
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    STFU and take your throw away sociological attitude somewhere else. A fetus is self aware, sentient and intelligent. It is murder. Comparing one to a parasite or tumor is just plain ignorant. I have one word for you if you're too stupid to not get pregnant.

Adoption.
    Really? A 5 week old fetus is self aware? Thats new...

10+ Year Old Account

Adoption.
    You realize how Adoption for kids is really really not the greatest option right? Secondly if a fetus really is self aware. What happens now? Should we criminalize miscarriage since with your logic with abortion it is considered *murder*.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Adoption.
    And we measure it's intelligence how? Do we give it a test, do we measure brain waves? In essence is it quantifiable?

Does it even matter though, if it can't survive without its host and offers nothing to the host during gestation, then it is by definition a parasite. You're clearly getting angry on this subject though, I'd recommend taking a walk and coming back with a cooler head. replying with STFU is a good way to make anything you say marked as irrelevant.

why do people still think intact, whole organisms that develop into human adults are simply parasitic flesh?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Nothing more comfortable than enjoying a cookie after playing the victim card
    Well, I am enjoying the unwelcome vibe I am getting from you. And this wine. Nice new sig btw.

Anyways, what else is there to say on the subject then?

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Credit goes to Reddit (lol) for this being on page 1.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Ne...on-4869315.php

Above is just a selection of the text, but how the fuck can a judge be so biased and refuse to grant it? Let alone the language used, they decried the girl as not informed nor sufficiently able to be allowed an abortion - But they wish her to raise a child?

That's major class A bullshit.
    Wow....this is 2013........
    I wonder what it's gonna be like in 2053.

SUPER MEAT BOY!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondance View Post
    Wow....this is 2013........
    I wonder what it's gonna be like in 2053.
    Clones, no hazzle with babies and such details

10+ Year Old Account

Adoption.

Edit: Go to a health clinic and get free BC. Simple as that. Murdering an innocent child is wrong. Period.
    Damn I can't remember anything before I was 3.

On a side note, did you know that eskimos regularly committed infanticide as part of their culture, because they often did not have the resources to care for extra babies, so they thought it was more merciful to let them die upon being born?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You realize how Adoption for kids is really really not the greatest option right? Secondly if a fetus really is self aware. What happens now? Should we criminalize miscarriage since with your logic with abortion it is considered *murder*.
    Miscarriage is typically beyond control. Most agree its the body deciding the fetus isn't viable. Abortion on the other hand IS a choice. Adoption isn't the greatest option? Gee. The option to have a full and happy life with a family who actually WANTS them or being murdered with no concern to your right to life. Throw away society. Pathetic. Lucky for you someone cared enough to allow you to live. You certainly don't deserve the gift you've been given.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-10-05 at 05:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Miscarriage is typically beyond control. Most agree its the body deciding the fetus isn't viable. Abortion on the other hand IS a choice. Adoption isn't the greatest option? Gee. The option to have a full and happy life with a family who actually WANTS them or being murdered with no concern to your right to life. Throw away society. Pathetic. Lucky for you someone cared enough to allow you to live. You certainly don't deserve the gift you've been given.
    The issue is that there are people that are willing to cause a miscarriage intentionally (i.e. taking drugs or falling down) if they can't get abortions.

And sometimes the adoption option doesn't even get realized. It's most likely that the baby would be left to die in a dumpster or back alley, only for it to go into Last Stand ala Call of Duty and survive.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    why do people still think intact, whole organisms that develop into human adults are simply parasitic flesh?
    That is what it is at that stage, by definition. The only reason it's considered anything greater is because of emotional attachment and the potential to be something. Just because it might be something someday, doesn't change what it IS right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hostilty from you is fucking unnecessary. Calm down bro. Christ.

Lucky for you someone cared enough to allow you to live. You certainly don't deserve the gift you've been given.

Kindly watch your mouth, don't act so arrogant that my life is full of peaches. My Mom had a miscarriage long ago once and then had me....to a very assholeish biological father. I don't live or even know the man so while it isn't relevant. I think I more then earned the right to live but I'm not going to say who deserves to live and die.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2013-10-05 at 04:16 AM.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they could end up like my aunt, a drug addict since age 12 despite all parental intervention and guidence / punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    That is what it is at that stage, by definition. The only reason it's considered anything greater is because of emotional attachment and the potential to be something. Just because it might be something someday, doesn't change what it IS right now.
    it actually does. why don't you apply the definition to adults, they're the same anyways.