1. #1
    High Overlord M00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    102

    Elemental Challenge Mode Trinkets in 5.4

    I'm looking at putting together a set for challenge modes. The only information I can find on trinkets is from early in MoP. It says that the best ones are Relic of Yu'lon and the upgraded Zen Alchemist Stone due to the high uptime on their procs.

    I was wondering if anyone knows if any of the more recent trinkets from ToT or SoO beat these. I was looking at Purified Bindings of Immerseus. It seems to have an insane amount of extra stats.

    I'm not very good with judging how good trinkets are. Any help would be much appreciated. =)

  2. #2
    I am Murloc! Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    5,131
    Since trinkets are scaled down to the same Ilevel I would highly recommend Yu'Lon and Alchemist Stone.

  3. #3
    I assume that RPPM trinkets have a horrible proc rate at such low iLvls as for challenge modes. I would also use one of the old trinkets for this.

    On a side note, I do not recall anyone putting together any kind of challenge mode gear. The main aspects of challenge modes are executing certain strategies correctly and having certain classes in your group or compensating those classes if you don't have them.

  4. #4
    High Overlord M00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentres View Post
    On a side note, I do not recall anyone putting together any kind of challenge mode gear. The main aspects of challenge modes are executing certain strategies correctly and having certain classes in your group or compensating those classes if you don't have them.
    I just want to make a separate set from my main set as I want to gem/reforge differently and don't want to be wasting gold changing everything around every time I want to do a challenge mode or proving ground run.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentres View Post
    I assume that RPPM trinkets have a horrible proc rate at such low iLvls as for challenge modes. I would also use one of the old trinkets for this.
    RPPM trinkets no longer scale with haste and most RPPM trinkets' proc rates don't scale with ilvl.

  6. #6
    High Overlord M00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    RPPM trinkets no longer scale with haste and most RPPM trinkets' proc rates don't scale with ilvl.
    Meaning some of the new trinkets may be viable options now?

  7. #7
    I was thinking about cleave? all in all most time you spend clearing packs with CL

  8. #8
    Wowhead has an option to change the items so you view them how they look in Challenge Mode. You can even compare items

  9. #9
    High Overlord M00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by thigan View Post
    Wowhead has an option to change the items so you view them how they look in Challenge Mode. You can even compare items
    I don't know how I never noticed that option.

  10. #10
    Keyboard Turner Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7
    Isn't Flashfrozen Resin Globule still beast? Assuming your not desperately staving off the hit rating of course.. Maybe it's just my personal preference, but I like to have one on-use trinket and one proc one.. Smashing an on-use with Ascendance makes me feel like a titan IRL.

    Purified Bindings of Immerseus scales down to:

    Equip: Your attacks have a chance to grant 5084 Intellect for 20 sec. (15% chance, 115 sec cooldown)
    Equip: Amplifies your Critical Strike damage and healing, Haste, Mastery, and Spirit by 3%.

    I have to say, +3% to all your secondary stats does seem incredibly powerful..

  11. #11
    High Overlord M00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    I have to say, +3% to all your secondary stats does seem incredibly powerful..
    That's what I was thinking.

  12. #12
    +3% on normalized gear is really very little amount of stats and the icd on the proc is aweful long. However it can work if the proc is never wasted. +3% crit damage isn't bad either though i'm not sure if it makes a lot of difference. It's certainly not a bad trinket, just not very reliable (imagine proc at end of combat, you can wait 2min for it to proc again).

    yu'lon and alch stone have the same icd more or less and should proc every big pull/boss pull giving you nearly 50% more int when they are up (good for cd stacking).
    Flash frozen is also quite good as it perfectly aligns with glyphed FET if you aren't alch. Downside is that if you're engineer, you can't use gloves tinker when it's up.

  13. #13
    I personally used Relic of Yu'lon and the Shado-pan Assault VP trinket (I forget the name) when I was doing my gold runs a few months back and liked them. The immerseus trinket seems great for CMs too.

    To the people that are saying that you shouldn't worry about gear for CMs because everything gets scaled down, I disagree. At the time I was doing CMs, I was running pure haste gems on my raiding set (because of the high ilvl, meta gem, and RPPM trinkets). However, for my CM set, I preferred a more traditional Int/haste or Int/mastery gemming strategy and focused on gem slots over everything else, since gems don't scale down. The int difference between my raid set (scaled down to 463) and my CM set (scaled down to 463) was over 1k Int difference. That's a big deal and made my CM set significantly better than my regular raid set for CMs. Can you do CMs without doing that sort of min/maxing? Absolutely. But if you're willing to put in the effort, you can make your CM gear appreciably better.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    I have to say, +3% to all your secondary stats does seem incredibly powerful..
    Keep in mind that you should be gemming Int at a challenge mode ilvl.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •