Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

New Hippogryph Mount, BNet Launcher, Oct 3 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, Garrosh H25 Asia

Beta Patch 3890 Information Center

New Hippogryph Mount Reward
    Blizzard showed off an upcoming hippogryph mount reward that is coming soon!

Battle.Net Launcher Update
    It looks like testing is going well, as the Battle.Net launcher is now being advertised on the site, and a new page has been added on Battle.Net with information about it. Unfortunately, chat is still not enabled in the client yet.

Patch 5.4 Hotfixes: October 3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Timeless Isle
    • Resolved an issue that could cause some weekly treasure chests on the Timeless Isle to be uninteractible.

Classes

Quests
    • The Celestial Tournament: Players can now get credit for winning the tournament while in a raid group.

Creatures
    • Players should no longer be incorrectly flagged as having defeated Ordos for the week if the player tapped him and went offline or entered an instance.
    • Yu'lon now launches 5 Jadefire Bolts (down from 10).
    • Gulp Frogs are now immune to mind control abilities.
    • Magnataurs can no longer be pickpocketed.
    • Dame Evniki Kapsalis is now offering her wares to players that meet the proper criteria once again.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Siege of Orgrimmar
      • Sha of Pride
        • Resolved an issue that could cause Corrupted Prisons to stop functioning.
        • Resolved an issue that could cause Unstable Corruption rifts to stop forming on 25-player Heroic difficulty.
      • Kor'kron Dark Shaman
        • Wavebinder Kardris should no longer target non-players with Toxic Storm.
        • Darkfang and Bloodclaw should now move around significantly less while being tanked alongside their masters.
        • Resolved an issue that could cause Blind Blademasters in the Drag to enter combat with players during the Dark Shaman encounter.
      • Spoils of Pandaria
        • Modified Anima Golem's Matter Scramble should now always spawn on the floor.
        • Resolved an issue that would sometimes cause a Burial Urn's Spark of Life to path to the wrong area.
        • Resolved a situation that could cause the encounter to not reset correctly if the player starting the encounter dies immediately.
      • Siegecrafter Blackfuse
        • Demonic Circles are now cleared when the encounter starts.
      • Paragons of the Klaxxi
        • Resolved certain situations that could cause players to retain the Paragons' abilities after resetting the encounter.
        • Resolved an issue where the last surviving raid member using a threat drop may cause the encounter to not reset correctly.
      • Garrosh Hellscream
        • Garrosh Hellscream now drops two Kor'kron Juggernaut on 25-player Heroic difficulty. (Requires realm restarts to take effect.)
    • Dungeons
      • Shado-Pan Monastery: Defeating Gu Cloudstrike immediately after Azure Serpent has been killed should no longer prevent players from continuing through the Shado-Pan Monastery.

Battlegrounds and Arenas
    • Grievous Gladiator weapons have a level requirement of 90 once more.
    • PvP on-use trinket effects should no longer incorrectly scale down while in a Battleground, Rated Battleground, or Arena.

Items
    • Trinkets with cleave and multistrike effects no longer require players to be facing the target to successfully deal damage.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Elite PvP Gear
    .Is it permanently or temporary because of the conquest cap bug at the start of this season.
    The elite set only providing armor is permanent, although there is nothing to say this won't change in future seasons. The Elite Grievous gear is only giving armor because it's designed as a transmog set, rather than gear you would need to spend gold to enchant and gem again. It's also not intended to provide better stats than the normal set, it's meant to make your gear different and more identifiable to signify the prestige of your accomplishment. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Burden of Eternity Rarity
    We like the extra rarity that comes from requiring multiple Burdens to get perfectly-itemized 535 gear. The gear is very good, so we don't want it to be too easy to get a hold of the best possible pieces. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Cross-Realm Looking For Group
    Why can't you guys at blizzard just implement a dedicated LFG crossrealm browsing/listing system?
    That is definitely a good idea but like always, it’s mostly a matter of time and resources vs current needs.

Many of the ideas from some of the top addons have in the past been integrated into the default game UI.
    I agree that this would be a great tool to have but I also believe that this is nothing new to the devs. I’m pretty sure they are quite aware about the current needs for such a tool, especially now that we have such flexibility with all the cross-realm functionalities.

The raid browser, for example, was an early attempt at tackling this. It worked out somewhat ok initially but subsequent iterations weren’t as successful. I suspect the reasons for this were the introduction of LFR and not having a dedicated button on the main interface (a lot of players still don’t know about its existence). (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Legendary Quest Items
    It's only 1 attempt per boss per week across all difficulties.

If you already completed Siege of Orgrimmar wings 1 and 2 for Secrets of the Empire they won't drop a Titan Runestone. If you haven't completed Throne of Thunder wings 3 and 4 though, you can run that with Lei Shen being a 100% guaranteed drop..

As a side note, only the first 8 bosses in SoO have a chance (Sha of Pride is 100% guaranteed just like Lei Shen) to drop items for Wrathion's legendary quest line. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Flex Raiding
    How is personal loot and loot being distributed between 10/25 players even close to being the same thing?
    The point is that neither system is intended to have no waste, which is what seemingly was being requested. (Source)

Now I'm confused. I thought flex was targeted at a different demography from LFR, normal and heroic? Running both = burnout.
    My point was it gives you something to graduate to. Normal guilds graduating to heroic has been a thing since we launched heroic. (Source)

Reputation / Questing
    Really think questing/endgame/rep need to go backward a bit. Wrath is by far the fav WoW Expac in all polls. Maybe look why?
    We find it's hard to extricate the story and world from the gameplay even in people's minds. (Source)
    For example, I love Northrend as a place and all of the various story arcs. I've always been a nerubian fan. (Source)
    But would the LK rep grind or dungeon grind transposed to Pandaria turn it into another Wrath of the LK? Not convinced of that. (Source)

Heroic Garrosh 25 (Asia) Defeated
    Blood Legion wasn't the only guild to kill Heroic Garrosh 25 recently. Stars is still around in Asia and killing bosses, this time with a 576 item level group. You can see the final moments of the kill below.

Last edited by chaud; 2013-10-04 at 02:33 AM.

Love the mount

Wonder what that'll be a reward from, I sure would love more mounts, as always. =P

Store mount, 100% guaranteed.

A Fairy Dragon, a Stormcrow, and now a Hippogryph. Somethings up, this isn't a coincidence, and these aren't all going to randomly be in the store for no apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    A Fairy Dragon, a Stormcrow, and now a Hippogryph. Somethings up, this isn't a coincidence, and these aren't all going to randomly be in the store for no apparent reason.
    If they were going to be connected to what you're implying I severely doubt they'd be previewed this early and inevitably added to the store.

Also, wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    As a side note, only the first 8 bosses in SoO have a chance (Sha of Fear is 100% guaranteed just like Lei Shen) to drop items for Wrathion's legendary quest line.

Why not? I could easily see a "Take flight with these new store mounts!"

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    If they were going to be connected to what you're implying I severely doubt they'd be previewed this early and inevitably added to the store.
    An expansion is something, but I never said that something was necessarily an expansion.

How is something up? They are just putting new mounts in the game for the store. And how is putting a mount in the store not a reason? They obviously want to make money...

Also, wut?
    He always drops a legendary questline item for you.

I wasn't reading closely, blue poster was talking about Sha of Pride.
    Last edited by chaud; 2013-10-04 at 12:07 AM.

Looks like that Stars kill is made from the inside of an Asian sweatshop.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    He always drops a quest item for you.
    Oh, you mean the Chimaera. I thought I was missing out on a free Runestone.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the picture tag, it says "AmountForFriends" so its prolly recruit thing... fml

"AMountForFriends.jpg"

probably new RaF

Stormcrow/Faerie Dragon are still store contenders

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    On the picture tag, it says "AmountForFriends" so its prolly recruit thing... fml

It could also be for SoR instead of that weird nightwing mount thing you turn into

The Facebook page also specifically refers to the Hippogryph as a "new mount reward" so unless they consider it a reward for giving them $25 I don't think it's from the store.

Pretty Hippogryph. Want

Hello new store mount.

It won't be. Blizzard specifically called it a 'reward'. Likely for RAF or Scroll of Resurrection. Potentially even a new annual pass.