Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    I suck at this and maths in general. I think I'm just going to meet bonuses unless it's a crap bonus like haste or low str. It's only a game and I'm not smart enough to optimize, but it does suck not knowing the best way to do things and knowing my dps could be a bit higher if I did it right.
    You don't need to be a genius at math - I failed Math - you just have to times the stats by the weight... Like above, 420 strength (x1) = 420. 480 crit (x0.74) = 355.2. There, that's it.

There are, of course, tools with pre-set weights which aren't perfect but will help - Like AskMrRobot linked above by b4dcrc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    You don't need to be a genius at math - I failed Math - you just have to times the stats by the weight... Like above, 420 strength (x1) = 420. 480 crit (x0.74) = 355.2. There, that's it.

There are, of course, tools with pre-set weights which aren't perfect but will help - Like AskMrRobot linked above by b4dcrc.
    Here's where I show my true stupidity. Do you do that for each item, and individually see what is best?

My belt:

80 str + bonus 120 = 200
    200 (x1) = 200

320 crit (x0.74) = 236.8
    320 crit (x0.74) = 236.8

= 672

VS full crit

x3 320 crit

960 (x 0.74)

= 710.4

So going full crit on my belt would be better? Probably done it wrong though.

Here's where I show my true stupidity. Do you do that for each item, and individually see what is best?

My belt:

80 str + bonus 120 = 200
    200 (x1) = 200

160 crit (x0.74) = 118.4
    320 crit (x0.74) = 236.8
    320 crit (x0.74) = 236.8

= 672 792

VS full crit

x3 320 crit

960 (x 0.74)

= 710.4

So going full crit on my belt would be better? Probably done it wrong though.
    You missed the Crit from the Stre+crit gem, and it'll be quicker to just add it up to per item with each gem choice (full crit or socket bonus) instead of individual gems, but that's essentially right.

If you just import/load your character into AskMrRobot and the default weights are pretty much the same, it'll do it all for you. Just hit Optimize and follow what it says. Personally I find it easier to read when you click "Shopping List" instead of the coloured boxes. Up to you.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/outland/sarithus
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-10-05 at 02:37 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, it'll be quicker to just add it up to per item with each gem choice (full crit or socket bonus) instead of individual gems, but that's essentially right. If you just import/load your character into AskMrRobot and the default weights are pretty much the same, it'll do it all for you. Just hit Optimize and follow what it says. Personally I find it easier to read when you click "Shopping List" instead of the coloured boxes. Up to you.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/outland/sarithus
    Askmrrobot apparently recommends that I keep the the belt the way it is and not do the full crit thing as the maths suggested. Is it getting me to the best things can be just doing it another way?

Askmrrobot apparently recommends that I keep the the belt the way it is and not do the full crit thing as the maths suggested. Is it getting me to the best things can be just doing it another way?
    Edited my post, sorry - I completely missed that you forgot the crit from the stre+crit gem. ^^

Again, thanks but...I'm talking really broadly here. Forget about the chest for now. Why do some people gem tons of crit and forget the bonus? Keep in mind a warrior in my guild does this, and he's on the same fights as me etc.

I mean...should I use 320 crits until I get to 32%? The other warrior does it, another guide says so, but the mmo champ one doesn't.
    And when is a bonus not worth it? 60 str obviously, but 120 str?

Edit: Just seen an arms warr with nothing but crit gems.
    As a general rule, try to go for socket bonues (unless your looking at something like stamina for a dps or hit when your already near capped and reforged out of.) It's just bonus stats and theres always something you can put in any color slot that is still a worthwhile stat for you.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Deleted
    This might be a strange question but the thought came to me. Is askmrrobbot optimizing, for example, the gems I have now and making the bad better? Or is it getting everything optimized in general? I it optimizing my crap, or...directing me to make it the best it can. To explain myself further, I mean, there's no crafty gems on the optimized list, even though crafty gems were suggested several times.

Hope that made sense.

This might be a strange question but the thought came to me. Is askmrrobbot optimizing, for example, the gems I have now and making the bad better? Or is it getting everything optimized in general? To explain myself further, I mean, there's no crafty gems on the optimized list, even though crafty gems were suggested several times.

Hope that made sense.
    It loads the gear you have equipped on armoury, and then when it optimizes it optimizes ALL your gear at the same time to get the most out of the stat weights given. It should be telling you Inscribed gems (stre+crit) and Piercing (crit+hit) atm though.

This might be a strange question but the thought came to me. Is askmrrobbot optimizing, for example, the gems I have now and making the bad better? Or is it getting everything optimized in general? I it optimizing my crap, or...directing me to make it the best it can. To explain myself further, I mean, there's no crafty gems on the optimized list, even though crafty gems were suggested several times.

Hope that made sense.
    It optimizes gems also.

For Mr. Robot a gem is considered 160x2 of a stat. So, for instance, if couldn't reforge that tiny bit of hit/expertise it needed to get 7.5/15% it would use gems to do so (cause they work in smaller increments.) Otherwise it will try to match socket bonuses unless the stat is useless or the weight of the pure gems put-together outweighs the socket bonus stat.
    Last edited by Jaojin; 2013-10-05 at 02:56 PM.
    -Spike Spiegel

Deleted
    It loads the gear you have equipped on armoury, and then when it optimizes it optimizes ALL your gear at the same time to get the most out of the stat weights given. It should be telling you Inscribed gems (stre+crit) and Piercing (crit+hit) atm though.
    But that's not what I mean. Sure, it's optimizing what I currently have, but is it optimizing...in the grand scheme of things? Like, directing me to what I should really be getting, or just tidying up and doing the best it can with my current armory, as opposed to what I should really be getting which is scraping it all and doing it properly. Can't really say that in any other way, I know it's confusing.

Also, dunno why askmrrobbot's optimized tab leaves me below the hit and exp cap.
    Edit: Guess I need to enable 'atleast' mode.
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-10-05 at 02:59 PM.

But that's not what I mean. Sure, it's optimizing what I currently have, but is it optimizing...in the grand scheme of things? Like, directing me to what I should really be getting, or just tidying up and doing the best it can with my current armory, as opposed to what I should really be getting which is scraping it all and doing it properly. Can't really say that in any other way, I know it's confusing.

Also, dunno why askmrrobbot's optimized tab leaves me below the hit and exp cap.
    There are selections to choose what kind of optimization you want (if there are multiple options, like stamina vs mastery tanking, or arms pve vs arms pvp) and it will optimize it with those weights. You don't have to be exactly at the hit/expertise cap, you only have to be near enough that the chance of you missing is infinitesimally small.
    -Spike Spiegel

Deleted
    Oki-dokie. So if I do some weird stuff like putting a peircing wild jade in my wep and everything that it suggests, I should see stat increases, minimal, but to be expected. Let's see how this goes and I hope I don't waste gold.

Edit: Was sort of hoping someone would finalize what I just wrote before I do it, lol. Is it a good idea?

2nd edit: If you get some new gear and then use mr.robbot, does mr.robbot suggest the correct gems? I can see that being more useful then optimizing whatever crap I have just now on my armory. This is what I mean, shouldn't ask mr robbot tell me to go get crafty gems?
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-10-05 at 04:04 PM.

2nd edit: If you get some new gear and then use mr.robbot, does mr.robbot suggest the correct gems? I can see that being more useful then optimizing whatever crap I have just now on my armory. This is what I mean, shouldn't ask mr robbot tell me to go get crafty gems?
    It optimizes your current gear to best possible stats
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    It optimizes your current gear to best possible stats
    And considers all possible gems?

Also, seems to have worked. Did what it suggested and numbers went up abit.

And considers all possible gems?
    Yup, if you click on any gem, enchant or reforge it will give you a list of the possibilities it considers. It also works for finding your "best in slot" for the options and weights you choose.