Thread: Flex is great

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Flex is great

I am in a 10 man guild, consisting of people who used to be in 25 man guilds and got sick of the drama and politics. We raid 10 man normal/heroic.

Now thanks to flex we can join up with one of the other 10 man guilds on the server - last night we had 22-23 in the raid - to get that 25 man atmosphere without all the crap that comes with the territory, and do content that is still challenging enough to make interesting. Blizzard seem to have got this just right.

In addition to all that, there is another huge added bonus - I never have to run LFR ever again.

Kay glad it worked out for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    In addition to all that, there is another huge added bonus - I never have to run LFR ever again.
    This is honestly what I like the most about flex. I do agree that flex is very, very fun, but I hate the fact that I had to run it for gear on my main.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    This is honestly what I like the most about flex. I do agree that flex is very, very fun, but I hate the fact that I had to run it for gear on my main.
    Well to be fair, if you run it with mains, it's pretty much a fast run if you do things properly. So I prefer flex over LFR, I just get headaches when I queue up for LFR these day. :P
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    interesting that u felt forced to run lfr for shinies and now u dont feel forced to run flex for same shinies to help u in normal/hc progress progress -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    No one was required to run LFR. No one is required to run Flex. If you feel 'required' to do anything that's not really a game features fault.

This is like saying you are 'required' to run normal to get better gear to run Heroic mode.

Deleted
    If I want to be competitive, then I need to do whatever I can to get some upgrades. That's not a difficult concept. Even though the game doesn't technically require me to run it, I felt forced to do so. I don't blame the game for that either.
    This is like saying you are 'required' to run normal to get better gear to run Heroic mode.
    No what?

I didn't intend to turn this into a "I AM FORCED TO RUN LFR, HELP" thread. Don't interpret it as so please.

They need to change the loot system in Flex and it will be great. Love doing flex on my alts. Would not touch it on the main until achievement time as we are starting heroics this week already.

I lead a 10m raid in guild that does heroic and while I enjoy all of the people in my guild, most of them are not capable of raiding heroics. I have had a full 25 flex every week since the patch hit, all in guild, and it's been a blast. Feature was great for my guild. Added bonus #2: Still have not completed a wing of LFR cause I just don't care about it anymore haha

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    I lead a 10m raid in guild that does heroic and while I enjoy all of the people in my guild, most of them are not capable of raiding heroics. I have had a full 25 flex every week since the patch hit, all in guild, and it's been a blast. Feature was great for my guild. Added bonus #2: Still have not completed a wing of LFR cause I just don't care about it anymore haha
    Been doing the same with a casual F&F guild. At first we brought back some of the community on our dead server until people started treating it like LFR. Now I just grab fillers xrealm with as strict standards as I can maintain.

Last week was my last week of LFR. I realized that even *if* there was an item that was useful to me there, I didn't want it that bad. Be it on a main, or an alt, or whatever. Wing 2 LFR was horrendous, and the 'LFR community' is the bottom of the barrel. Flex can be a mixed bag too, but I've met some pretty great people there and it tends to be pretty social. (requiring voicechat also tends to help with that).

I just hope the experiment is successful enough that normal modes will be flexible and cross-realm next expansion.

At least the cross-realm, it's time to get rid of that stupid limitation.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    No one was required to run LFR. No one is required to run Flex. If you feel 'required' to do anything that's not really a game features fault.

Are you saying you're not? I'd like to see how guilds would get on without any normal gear before staring hc. Even the top guilds run all their ains through multiple raids to filter everything to one of each armor type.

Saying you dont require current normal gear to compete in heroics is stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    They need to change the loot system in Flex and it will be great. Love doing flex on my alts. Would not touch it on the main until achievement time as we are starting heroics this week already.
    No, they don't need to change it.
    Making the loot work like it works in Normal or Heroic will just bring problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dalch View Post
    Making the loot work like it works in Normal or Heroic will just bring problems.
    I dont mind personal loot but I think it's retarded that you can't trade something you can't use/disenchant to another raid member.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dalch View Post
    Plus, they really couldn't. in 10s there are 2 drops per boss. In 25s there are, what, 4?

What happens at 11 people? 13? 14? 17? When do they add another drop? And of course people woud figure out what the highest drop/player ratio is and not take people that drops it. So if 15 people say 2 drops but 16 saw three drops some people would refuse to take 17 or 18 or 19 because that would reduce loot chances for the others.

LFR style loot eliminates this issue.

Unfortunately the guild I'm in at the moment is "trying" for normals, yet when we've come to log on and been a few people short they've opted to disband the raid rather than go for flex. Really weird.. almost as if they think they're "above" it. Yet we've spent 3 weeks now with a core of us logging on and not raiding because the rest don't show up. Oh well..

So my experiences with flex has been basically down to pugging it. Much prefer Open Raid than trade/oQueue as I find they'er a much better quality raid. In oQueue you either get a fail pug where it disbands after a few wipes on a boss.. or you get heroic geared raiders wanting to do achievements. etc so they are just a walk in the park considering we outgear it by 20-30 ilvls!

Don't mind teh loot system in flex - it's OK. I'm averaging 2 new pieces of gear a week which is fine by me.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Plus, they really couldn't. in 10s there are 2 drops per boss. In 25s there are, what, 4?

What happens at 11 people? 13? 14? 17? When do they add another drop? And of course people woud figure out what the highest drop/player ratio is and not take people that drops it. So if 15 people say 2 drops but 16 saw three drops some people would refuse to take 17 or 18 or 19 because that would reduce loot chances for the others.

LFR style loot eliminates this issue.
    It would not be a problem. If, say, you got 2 pieces of loot at 10 people, and 3 pieces at 15 people, then at 11 people you would get 2 pieces 80% of the time, 3 pieces 20% of the time, at 12 people, 2 pieces 60% of the time, 3 pieces 40% of the time, et cetera. Easily solved.

Quote Originally Posted by guybrush88 View Post
    Unfortunately the guild I'm in at the moment is "trying" for normals, yet when we've come to log on and been a few people short they've opted to disband the raid rather than go for flex. Really weird.. almost as if they think they're "above" it.
    Just my twocents, I've forced this into my guild because... Well two days before the patch, I heard one of my raider saying this to another : "Well, I dunno if I will be there for the raid. I mean if I'm not here they will just go in Flex so it's not a big deal if I'm not here..."

I wasn't pleased. If everyone started coming "when they feel like it" without thinking of the rest, cohesion will suffer.

So, to enforce that rule, we actively encourage our raider to do flex with their friend, or pug it. So people don't expect the rest to go flex if they are absent without warning the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    It would not be a problem. If, say, you got 2 pieces of loot at 10 people, and 3 pieces at 15 people, then at 11 people you would get 2 pieces 80% of the time, 3 pieces 20% of the time, at 12 people, 2 pieces 60% of the time, 3 pieces 40% of the time, et cetera. Easily solved.
    The thing is, if Flex dropped loot like regular modes, people would be hesitant to bring in other people that need the same gear for fear of their loot being taken. By making the loot LFR-style, you're never going to worry about that because there is no competition for the loot. Flex is designed to be socially friendly and keeping it the loot the way it is ensures that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    wait, wut?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP