Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    for alts, now collecting runes and titan stone is super easy. increased drop rate + 2 sure drop from lei shen and sha of pride. that makes is fast.

a portion of my main's secret collection was before when lei shen had 100% drop chance, so for 2 weeks, i went empty. that was frustrating. now its super easy. on my 2nd hunter, i got the sigils in like 2 weeks just. its the pvp part i can't get past, can't find a couple of free hours. other than that, rest is easy.

So, no need to make it account bound. something rather be kept bit out of reach so u work toward having it.

I did perfectly fine in cata without dw. Still got ranks, still topped meters, still killed heroic ragnaros, spine and madness.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently I have nine 90s. I started working on the Legendary Quests really in 5.3, after loosing interest in PVP, with most of my Characters on Sigils. Each week I focus on doing things regarding Valor around the Legendary Chain, so I make progress whilst earning my Valor caps.

Out of my Characters now two have the Cloak, one this week, one last week. One has just finished Runestones and needs to kill Lei Shen. Four are on Runestones (6,3,2 and 1) and one is on Secrets (15). My newest 90, which has been 90 for two weeks now needs two Sigils of Power to finish the 5.0 stuff.

Personally I don't think it's that hard to do. Due to limitations you can only make so much progress each week, which I generally work into the Valor Cap. For me within two months of being 90 on my newest Character I assume I will be halfway through the Secrets of the Empire quest. You now have 36 Chances per week of getting Sigils (5.0 MSV, HoF and ToES, 5.2 ToT and 5.4 SoO (8)), 20 Chances with Secrets of the Empire and 14 Chances with Runestones. Not to mention the guaranteed ones from Lei Shen and Sha of Pride. I'd say I could make more progress per week on a Character if I focused enough, but too many Characters makes it difficult.

Slowly work towards it. I doubt there's really a rush, given 5.4 has been out for what? Just under a month? Doesn't need to be account bound. You do still get to kill Ordos from having the Cloak on one Character, that should be enough.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    I dont understand why Blizzard didnt do this. In Cata we had Dragonwrath and sorry to say but a Caster without it was usless. Now its the same with the Meta/Cloak.. You cannot switch your Class in this last Content Patch because it would take you what? 3+ Months to get the damn Meta/cloak. Trying Random raids with Alts .. "Sorry you got no Meta/Cloak"

I dont say you should get it for free but actually doing the Quest once unlocks it so you can buy it on every toon you want or you decide to do the Quest and get it for free.. But this is just bullshit its the last Patch. Its nice that Blizzard gave us Ordos as a little extra but this doesnt realy help with this Problem

A Char without Meta/Cloak is useless. Please dont deny this fact
    You said it yourself, this is the last patch so why does it matter what gear you get on your alt/new main this patch? The gear you get from SoO will be useless as soon as the new expansion hits anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you put in the work from the beginning on one character getting the cloak is very easy. I even rerolled in 5.2 and still got it in time for 5.4. I think eventually it would be nice to cut test of valor to 1k and maybe remove change of command and the pvp part later as well.

got a legendary cloak on my druid rogue and dk and i'm finding it hard to motivate myself to even do a test of valor on my 4th and 5th toons which are nearing 545 ilvl without even having a 608 ilvl cloak......and somehow peoeple think its a handout for me to want to not have to valor cap 5 toons to even start the quest for the meta gem and then cloak? i feel like it should be but maybe thats just me easier to gear a toon to 560 ilvl now than it is to want to do a multi month quest chain again

Quote Originally Posted by alany View Post
    got a legendary cloak on my druid rogue and dk and i'm finding it hard to motivate myself to even do a test of valor on my 4th and 5th toons which are nearing 545 ilvl without even having a 608 ilvl cloak......and somehow peoeple think its a handout for me to want to not have to valor cap 5 toons to even start the quest for the meta gem and then cloak? i feel like it should be but maybe thats just me easier to gear a toon to 560 ilvl now than it is to want to do a multi month quest chain again
    Its not necessary to have the cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    So you put the work in on one character and that entitles you to have a LEGENDARY item on every character? Yeah you'll find a lot of entitled players around this forum who agree with such a silly idea. As you can tell by now, I'm not one of them. We don't need Account Wide legendaries and it should -NEVER- happen. Especially to appease some overly demanding people who are a small minority.

As far as I know the only raids people ask you to have the cloak for are the Ordos ones. And even then you don't need it on an alt as long as you have it on a character already. At least, I've had no issues getting raids on alts without it.

Quite frankly, if the people you want to raid with require Legendaries on alts then they probably aren't worth raiding with. I can guarantee you right now that very little of them have the legendary on their alts and they're merely measuring up to the highest mark possible, probably to get carried through raids.
    SoO is balanced with the legendary in mind, try to find a decent raid core without meta gem and cloak then comeback with your results, both items are a huge dps/hps boost for any class in the game.

But w/e, this expansion has been anti-alt since 5.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirAaron View Post
    If it was account wide... well like 80-90 % of players would have it..
    IMHO something like cutting in half all the necessary things to collect for every character you have completed legendary quest line on would be cool.
    I'm an advocate for

1. Reducing the timers for attunements and quests for alternate characters for EVERYTHING

yet

2. Keeping New Players or Mains at a snail's pace to give a sense of achievement.

They should of kept some gating and attunements, and the only complaint was that alts had to get geared up through them
    They should of just removed gating/attunements for alts

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    I dont understand why Blizzard didnt do this. In Cata we had Dragonwrath and sorry to say but a Caster without it was usless. Now its the same with the Meta/Cloak.. You cannot switch your Class in this last Content Patch because it would take you what? 3+ Months to get the damn Meta/cloak. Trying Random raids with Alts .. "Sorry you got no Meta/Cloak"

I dont say you should get it for free but actually doing the Quest once unlocks it so you can buy it on every toon you want or you decide to do the Quest and get it for free.. But this is just bullshit its the last Patch. Its nice that Blizzard gave us Ordos as a little extra but this doesnt realy help with this Problem

A Char without Meta/Cloak is useless. Please dont deny this fact
    So, according to your logic, you were totally useless and incredibly bad at this game before you got the cloak. And suddenly, as if by magic, that ONE item turned you from a horrible and useless player in to something great.

All because you were able to grind rep and run LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    The Legendary questline isn't that hard you know. It's only...what; ten quests? So yeah, not hard. Not hard at all. It isn't like your running around all over Pandaria trying to grind a mob ten thousand times and doing hundreds of raids, it just requires a little patience that's all. It can be done in about 2-4 hours of work.
    2-4 hours of work?

If you do all the raid finders for sigils every week it will take you about 2-3 weeks on average. That's 5 raid finders and will take you around 3-4 hours a week.

You also have the secrets quest. That will probably take you around 3-4 weeks if you do all the TOT raids and the 1st 2 parts of siege of Orgrimmar each week. That's about a 5-6 hour time investment per week.

Then you get your runestone quest. Again this is going to take you about 3-4 weeks if you do all of TOT and the 1st parts of siege of Orgrimmar... So again 5-6 hours per week.

On top of this you also have the rep grind for black prince which admittedly isn't too tough. You can probably get to exalted with Black prince by grinding Mogu solo in about 2-3 hours. BG wins, Valor grind, Some scenarios,

Realistically if you do everything available to grind the items then it's going to take you at least 3 months and probably nearer 4 months (if you take into account a test of valor). Certainly a lot more than 2-4 hours work.... It could take you over 2 hours just to get the 2 BG wins you need if you were unlucky with the teams you got. Even if I take my low estimates of weeks required and hours taken per week that's almost 40 hours of raid finder to get your sigils, secrets and runestones... Now add on the time for the other stuff and you are probably looking at close to 45 hours of play time.

I speak from experience. I have 3 characters with the legendary cloak and a 4th who is nearly done with secrets (18-20 secrets after I think 4 weeks of RF)
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-10-06 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    So, according to your logic, you were totally useless and incredibly bad at this game before you got the cloak. And suddenly, as if by magic, that ONE item turned you from a horrible and useless player in to something great.

All because you were able to grind rep and run LFR?
    Try beating a Player who got the Meta & cloak. without it - Good Luck

I have enough cloaks. But getting it on more is.. yeah i guess im done when the new xpac hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    That should never and hopefully will never be implemented in any way, shape, or form.

If "casuals" don't want to get blasted as much, they should stop asking for things like account wide legendaries.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    The complaint isn't that they should become automatically account wide. The problem is that the game is old enough that alts are pretty common and regardless of whether the grind is easy it is still annoying to keep repeating. Earlier rep grinds in MoP were annoying enough that things like commendations were added and this is a similar issue. The reward may be "legendary" but it is a rep grind/achievement with extra bells and whistles.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.