Only 4 Attackers Seen In Footage Of Kenya's Westgate Mall, Government Initially Estim

Only 4 Attackers Seen In Footage Of Kenya's Westgate Mall, Government Initially Estimated 10 To 15

Kenya's government initially said 10 to 15 attackers were involved in the Sept. 21 attack on Westgate Mall, an assault that killed at least 67 people and which the al-Qaida-linked Somali militant group al-Shabab has claimed responsibility for.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4031442.html
    How do you think with the following news?

Kenyan police actions since Westgate attack raise red flags
    James Norton 10/4/2013

On Monday, Al Shabab claimed via Twitter that three of the attackers were America-based, with two of them coming from Minnesota, whose Twin City area has one of the largest Somali communities in the United States, with more than 80,000 people.

http://news.yahoo.com/kenyan-police-...124327067.html

I think they should leave Somalia alone. Clearly the military invading there is going to provoke more shit like that. As for who did it and where they come from, who cares. I do wonder tho if they made the distinction of them being "westerners" or Somali.. I'm no expert but i feel there is def different types of prejudice depending on the wordage.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    I think you shouldn't believe everything a bunch of crazy people say on Twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    I think they should leave Somalia alone.
    And do what? Just leave it as a failed state next door with all the wonderfulness that comes with that?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Yeah; I don't think 'leaving Somalia alone' is an option... It's a festering wound in the region, and something needs to be done about that place. Well; if you're Kenyan (or Somali), that is. Lest Somalia's disease of anarchy and violence spread.
    (Edit for clarity: I'm not saying Somali are a violent bunch. I'm saying that the country isn't safe for the average person.)

As for 'only four spotted:' Even if true, that does not say a thing about the validity of the estimation...

Go ahead OP, tell us the grand conspiracy behind this, I'm all ears. Also, don't forget the pictures of mangled bodies that you're so fond of.

Deleted
    Well the U.S, U.K, and France have a history of continous attacks upon al-shabab (which isn't bad, but it did lead to this attack somewhat)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24417099

US special forces have carried out two separate raids in Africa targeting senior Islamist militants, American officials say.

In Libya, US commandos captured an al-Qaeda leader accused of the 1998 bombings of the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.

Anas al-Libi was reportedly seized in the capital Tripoli.

And a leader of the al-Shabab group was targeted in southern Somalia, but that raid appears to have failed.
    The gist of this post though, is to state the U.S is fighting tit for tat - And largely i suspect, in response to this incident. (Among others)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    How do you think with the following news?
    Perhaps the Kenyan government will launch some drone strikes on Minnesota? I'm sure the U.S. government would be completely fine with that.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

How the US raid on al-Shabaab in Somalia went wrong

Navy seals launched a daring night-time raid in Barawe, but were forced to retreat an hour later without their target – why?

Within sight of Sheikh's home in Barawe, Somalia, crack American navy Seals had launched a lightning amphibious assault on the Islamist militant group al-Shabaab. Less an hour later they would be forced to retreat,

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...lia-navy-seals
    Al-Shabaab repulsed the attack of Seals. They have strong force in Africa. My question is when they don't lack of man power there, why should they transfer their members from US to cross ocean to attack an Africa mall? Who is the main enemy of Al Qaida? A shopping mall in Africa or imperialist US?