Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwraith View Post
    what? you can loot him as many times as you want pr day, I got the shroud on my first kill and the paw on my 2nd kill.
    I just killed it for the 2nd time and was not able to loot it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I just killed it for the 2nd time and was not able to loot it.
    Looks like it's random then, or bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the mount 'item' being DMF only right now.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=101675#.

Unless in game it's showing different.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I don't see the mount 'item' being DMF only right now.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=101675#.

Unless in game it's showing different.
    In-game shows it as: "Requires Darkmoon Faire". I just grabbed it, but have not tried to use it in the cities, Shrine etc. to see if it works there. Or if it has to be specifically at DMF.

When you mount it a lightbeam will show upon you, it won't follow you though. Looks exactly like Moonfang, as one would've guessed.

To elaborate it is not a mount in the understanding that the item is not consumed and listed in your Mount log. It's an item you have to keep in your bags. Furthermore in DMF a warning will sound when Moonfang the Den Mother spawns.
    Last edited by Nemesiz; 2013-10-06 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Further info.

So some of you guys are reporting loot on additional kills and some are reporting no loot. Maybe it's just a chance at loot after the first kill? This seems wonky.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    In-game shows it as: "Requires Darkmoon Faire". I just grabbed it, but have not tried to use it in the cities, Shrine etc. to see if it works there. Or if it has to be specifically at DMF.

When you mount it a lightbeam will show upon you, it won't follow you though. Looks exactly like Moonfang, as one would've guessed.

To elaborate it is not a mount in the understanding that the item is not consumed and listed in your Mount log. It's an item you have to keep in your bags. Furthermore in DMF a warning will sound when Moonfang the Den Mother spawns.
    I just got it and it does work outside DMI. Just a shame it's only usable during DMF. 3:

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Deleted
    Moon Moon on the auction house but it doesn't seem to be on the drop table, anyone got it as a drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Heard that if you kill enough wolves he spawns, and that his spawn timer is 1 hour.
    So isn't that long.
    Also, can u loot him more then once a day/ week?
    Spawn time is much less than an hour - from looting to respawn (ie people killing the trigger mobs) was 35 minutes.

And yes, you can loot her more than once a day, there's no hidden quest associated with this as there is with the Timeless Isle mobs.

Killed her 3 times

Loot 1- Moonfang's pelt
    Loot 2- Moonfang's Paw (transform)
    Loot 3- no loot

need more kills!!! (though a guildie got the Moon Moon pet and gave it to me, so i'm only doing it for the non perma mount)

Got Moon Moon on my fourth kill. Never got the temporary mount, but I got the Paw, Pelt, and Shroud across two characters and four kills between them. Several people announced they got the pet on one kill, but not everyone did. My roommate didn't get the pet on that kill.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    My loot diary from Moonfang:

Loot 1- Moonfang's Pelt (quest item)
    Loot 2- Moonfang's Paw (transformation item)
    Loot 3- Moonfang Shroud
    Loot 4- Moonfang Shroud
    Loot 5- Moonfang Shroud
    Loot 6- Moonfang Shroud
    Loot 7- Shimmering Moonstone (mount) finally!
    Loot 8- Moonfang's Paw (transformation item)
    Loot 9- Moonfang's Paw (transformation item)
    Loot 10- Moonfang Shroud
    Loot 11- Moonfang Shroud
    Loot 12- Shimmering Moonstone (mount)
    Last edited by mmocd52fb5d360; 2013-10-07 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Killed her 3 times

Loot 1- Moonfang's pelt
    Loot 2- Moonfang's Paw (transform)
    Loot 3- no loot

need more kills!!! (though a guildie got the Moon Moon pet and gave it to me, so i'm only doing it for the non perma mount)
    Ok killed it a few more times

Loot 4 - Another Moonfang's Paw
    Loot 5 - Moonfangs Shroud

Waiting for another respawn.

So can definitely get more than one batch of loot per kill per day
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2013-10-06 at 11:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I'm at approx 14 kills now, via CRZ shenanigans. I haven't had a kill without loot yet. Make sure you are mailing off your unique items.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

I think I understand now. When you can't loot on subsequent kills it's not because you're not allowed to loot, it's because there just happens to be no loot.

The Pelt for the weekly quest is guaranteed on your 1st kill, but the rest of the items are uncommon. So when you kill it again it's possible for it to simply have dropped nothing for you.

Deleted
    With only 7 kills I managed to get all items except Moon Moon, the pet being reported as a 1.9% drop chance? I can see 3 Moon Moons on AH, cheapest for 17.5k on Draenor eu.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I think I understand now. When you can't loot on subsequent kills it's not because you're not allowed to loot, it's because there just happens to be no loot.

The Pelt for the weekly quest is guaranteed on your 1st kill, but the rest of the items are uncommon. So when you kill it again it's possible for it to simply have dropped nothing for you.
    Also looks like you can only loot 1 item from him per kill.

Is he like the timeless isle rares or do you have to be in the group that gets the initial tag to loot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    Is he like the timeless isle rares or do you have to be in the group that gets the initial tag to loot?
    You don't have to be in a group to be able to loot it, you don't even have to be on the same faction who attacked it first as it's free for all tag just like timeless isle rares As myself I've had problems for looting it while being in a raid group, while I was in a group I only managed to loot it for once and got no loot for 4 kills. While I have done rest of the kills alone without a group I have always been able to loot it. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Limonaati View Post
    With only 7 kills I managed to get all items except Moon Moon, the pet being reported as a 1.9% drop chance? I can see 3 Moon Moons on AH, cheapest for 17.5k on Draenor eu.

- - - Updated - - -

Also looks like you can only loot 1 item from him per kill.
    You can loot multiples of the same item, the transform and the shroud, but it wont go into your bag if you have one already, it will be mailed to you, I just mailed them off to my alts and chucked them on the AH (transform item)

Deleted
    Market Price for Moon Moon 6998g (Draenor EU Horde)

Loot 1- Moonfang's Pelt
    Loot 2- Moonfang's Paw
    Loot 3- Moonfang Shroud
    Loot 4- Moonfang Shroud
    Loot 5- Moonfang Shroud
    Loot 6- Moonfang Shroud
    Loot 7- Shimmering Moonstone Finally!
    Loot 8- Moonfang's Paw
    Loot 9- Moonfang's Paw
    Loot 10- Moonfang Shroud
    Loot 11- Moonfang Shroud
    Loot 12- Shimmering Moonstone
    Loot 13- Moonfang Shroud
    Loot 14- Moonfang Shroud
    Loot 15- Moon Moon

Finally I got the pet, 6% drop chance No need to camp it anymore, now just random kills for more bwahah! Dont worry guys, I won't sell it.
    Last edited by mmocd52fb5d360; 2013-10-09 at 06:53 PM.