Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The actual bosses in heroic raid instances are much much more complex. The game has also been 'nerfed' by all the overhauls - Items are properly itemized. All specs are 'viable' and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by cits View Post
    Kael'thas (among others) has more mechanics than garosh. No fight in the pasr required a full gear of the tier. Every fight now (as always) is much easier with gear. Normal modes (and some heroic fights) are easier than your average boss in TBC
    Kael'thas wasn't an average boss, most of them had very few mechanics.

I'd agree bosses like Vashj, Kael'thas and Archimonde would be amongst the hardest today, but there were a lot of easy bosses back in TBC which just relied mainly on gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Time investment != hard
    Grinding != difficult

Being dedicated does not mean you are automatically a good player, nor does not playing every day automatically signify you're a bad.
    And 100 mechanics != hard
    1 mechanics that will wipe you if fails are hard than the 8 mechanics that hurts you for 30% of you hp if you fail from today.

Deleted
    It depends. HC raids are on 100% sure harder. Rest of content is easy mode much easier then TBC ever was. And lot of todsays mechanics are only about using raid cds in right time. TBC had few mehanichs what pretty much wiped raid fi somones fail. In Mop lot of them just do some 20% - 70% hp dmg easy avodable some def cd.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2013-10-06 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cits View Post
    And 100 mechanics != hard
    1 mechanics that will wipe you if fails are hard than the 8 mechanics that hurts you for 30% of you hp if you fail from today.
    Actually mechanics on heroic will one shot you as well. It takes more awareness as well to dodge 100 mechanics vs a simple one shot every once and a while.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-10-06 at 02:04 PM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by worsthitmanNa View Post
    Actually mechanics on heroic will one shot you as well. It takes more awareness as well to dodge 100 mechanics vs a simple one shot every once and a while.
    I agree. My point is that on average Heroic now > Normal then >> Normal now.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW isnt difficult, never was and never will be. It was once more "grindy" than it is today and some aspects were less accessible and unclear.

The actual game is just common sense. The most challenging part of WoW is getting a bunch of competent people together who have a brain and the right attitude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    WoW isnt difficult, never was and never will be. It was once more "grindy" than it is today and some aspects were less accessible and unclear.

The actual game is just common sense. The most challenging part of WoW is getting a bunch of competent people together who have a brain and the right attitude.
    Wow was difficult. When l look at todays LFR or Flex or even normals are completly joke raids.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post

WoW is a horribly complex game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Wow was difficult. When l look at todays LFR or Flex or even normals are completly joke raids.
    I don't get your point?

Surely it's a good thing that every mode isn't hard now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    TBC had a major issue - a lack of tanks.
    Remember our holy pal having to spec tank for MH, boy was that a learning curve for him lol.

Deleted
    Raids have become more difficult, no doubt about that. More than twice the mechanics, and unforgivable fights.

Dungeons, world, travel, acquiring gear etc etc, has become much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    WoW is a horribly complex game.
    I do hope that's sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    there were roughly 1/6th as many guilds raiding in tbc as there are in mop, that explains the rank difference.
    Arent there less players playing now? And even less raiders? Wow's numbers have been falling since BC IIRC so there is no logic in your statement, rank should be easier now with less ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    Arent there less players playing now? And even less raiders? Wow's numbers have been falling since BC IIRC so there is no logic in your statement, rank should be easier now with less ppl.
    Blizzard themselves said that more people now are raiding than ever, and the majority of subs lost came from China

Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain View Post
    But those mechanics were fairly simple and bosses only had 2 maybe 3. Not to mention raiders were still fairly new to the game and raiding. Today most of the raiders have been around and raiding for years are very competent. Most of the fights were highly gear dependent while today most wipes are related to mechanic mistakes. I have read hundreds of threads of people complaining how hard T14 was months after it came out from people in guilds with above 496 ilvl players when you had many guilds clear it in the first week in mostly 463 blues. Sure there were a couple of DPS checks but none that required a full set of current tier gear. Any one claiming raiding was more difficult either does not play currently or is being intellectually dishonest.
    I'm going to make this real easy for you.

PvE is and has never been hard. The hardest part of PvE is getting enough people together who are not idiots to do the encounter. You seriously do the exact same thing every single fight over n over till you get it correct it never changes. 90% of the WoW PvE bosses are the exact same mechanics with different names and visual.

I raided Naxx in Vanilla and BT in BC and ICC reg in LK. Quit in Cata because after the first few months when the game looked like it would get hard again they nerfed it all. MoP PvE is a joke. It's boring as hell. So i have yet to do any.

From my exp. i would say BC>LK>Vanilla.

Before all you naysayers let me know how hard Vanilla was. Shut your trap. It was not hard, it was grindy and classes/bosses were broken that's about it. 10-15 people would just flat out die - do nothing or go AFK and you still killed bosses.

I remember in BC A lot of guilds couldn't even get past the first encounter in Gruuls lair nor Magtheridon's lair.

I have yet to do a raid since Gruul and Magtheridon where you need your entire raid to actually participate in doing something.

Sure i don't have full MoP raiding experience and i can without a doubt say after i did the first raid i could give 2 shits about raiding in MoP it sucks. i'd rather do LFR real quick see the encounter and be on my way.

I don't think the raiding has changed much, I personally always found raiding kinda easy from my POV as a healer. 5 Mans are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY easier now. Back in TBC unless you completely outgeared the instance, to complete a 5 man you had to cc multiple mobs in each pull and have a kill order, for example one mob sheeped, one mob hunter trapped, another mob sapped then you would kill skull first and then X or something along those lines. Now when you do a 5 man its just the tank runs in collects the mobs and everyone aoe's them down and you move on. BUT in saying that, I honestly think if people took their nostalgia out of the picture they would not be able to put up with having to co-ordinate CC and proper kill orders just to complete every single trash pull and would just cry for nerfs so its easy like it is now.

The worst part of the game in MoP is the way gearing up works.

In TBC you could farm heroic dungeons and get gear from there, then also buy a tonne of gear with badges (now points) and be easily ready to raid entry level raids such as kara and whatever. In MoP to gear you had to go out and complete dailys for over 9000 different factions for THE REST OF YOUR LIFE in order to unlock the ability to use he same points (which you also had to farm up ontop of the other farming) in order to buy any gear of the entry level gear.

NOTE: In Wrath and Cata I had a max level of every class and all of them had atleast one spec that was in raid gear, most of which also had a raid geared offspec. In MoP I have 2 level 90s, one is in pre throne of thunder gear, and blues for offspec, the other is in blue pvp gear. All because the way the gear was gated really put me off the game.

There is probably some other things I intended to talk about but it's now 1:30am and I need to goto sleep as I will be getting up for work in a few hours and im already struggling to keep my eyes open. Goodnight

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Blizzard themselves said that more people now are raiding than ever, and the majority of subs lost came from China
    Yeah more people are raiding because LFR which i don't consider raiding. half the ppl are either afk or doing no dmg while 2-4 ppl pull retarded amounts of dmg and carry the raid.

Sure i don't have full MoP raiding experience and i can without a doubt say after i did the first raid i could give 2 shits about raiding in MoP it sucks. i'd rather do LFR real quick see the encounter and be on my way.
    Plays games on easiest setting, says MoP PvE is a joke. Don't get me wrong, none of it is OMGWTFBBQ difficult, barring fights a handful of fights, but a lot of it is considerably more difficult than raids in the past. The degree of personal responsiblity in a raid has skyrocketed, this being especially apparent in 10mans. 25mans can't be compared to 10mans, just like how you can't use LFR as a measure of difficulty, considering some of the boss abilities are just flat out removed, as it's not designed to be very hard at all.

Deleted
    Raiding is harder today than in TBC but people are a lot better too.