Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    You eased up on the bold text a little too early. Key phrase "Because it does not cover all the essential benefits required"

Why are we upset about a half assed policy being scrapped which will allow people to get insurance that actually covers something instead of appearing to cover things?

the middle was dragged mercilessly to the right.
    they argument isn't about why the discussion was about the number of cancelations there has been almost 1.5 million insurance cancellations already

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    don't know about those states or the site, but SC has roughly 300k from the main insurance company being cancelled
    You do realize dog shit insurance plans are illegal now right? Not going to explain this, but the plans are garbage. You give the insurance company money to cover absolutely nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    You do realize dog shit insurance plans are illegal now right? Not going to explain this, but the plans are garbage. You give the insurance company money to cover absolutely nothing.
    you mean like plans were guys don't have maternity care?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    You eased up on the bold text a little too early. Key phrase "Because it does not cover all the essential benefits required"

Why are we upset about a half assed policy being scrapped which will allow people to get insurance that actually covers something instead of appearing to cover things?

the middle was dragged mercilessly to the right.
    ya like requiring a healthy young male or post menopause females to have prenatal care and free contraception which neither he or she can ever use and the contraception that he might be required to use a condom isn't covered and could actually go up in price cause by the medical device tax
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2013-10-29 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    planes crash and then no one flies with that airline anymore, or people get sick and no one buys from that produce supplier anymore, or people get infections and no one goes to that dentist anymore . its funny how the free market can regulate its self
    i'm not sure the dead people and their families would be okay with that. i'm guessing you're assuming you wouldn't be one of the people harmed. just like some young, healthy people assume they won't get hurt or sick so why should they pay for health insurance.

it's a fact that women's health care costs are higher than men. They should have higher premiums, just like auto insurance.
    we're not building a society of just one sex that never procreates. men and women are in this together. we create children and raise them. they're part of society and if you're living in the usa you're part of the country. not all alone. we're all part of something together.

no one gets where they are alone. all of the stuff we have, all of the services you can take advantage of (like online gaming) exists because of a collaborative effort that only took place because both men and women created life and continue doing so.

would you require some one in death valley to buy flood insurance. would you call a home insurance plan dog shit if it doesn't have flood insurance in it for a home owner in death valley

15+ Year Old Account
    you mean like plans were guys don't have maternity care?
    I'm still waiting for people to explain to me why this is a talking point about Obamacare when I'm being forced to pay for every senior citizen's bad life choices when it came to their health.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

they argument isn't about why the discussion was about the number of cancelations there has been almost 1.5 million insurance cancellations already
    Kinda weird that you quoted me twice but whatevs. Also you can't really not look at why there were cancellations unless you want to come across as intellectually dishonest.

ya like requiring a healthy young male to have prenatal care and free contraception which neither he can ever use and the contraception that he might be required to use a condom isn't covered and could actually go up in price cause by the medical device tax
    As long as someone in the equation is using contraception, I don't really care. If I have to pay a little to ensure that it's available to every female I come into contact with, regardless of their social standing then so be it. Not about to start picking and choosing partners based on whether their finances and ability to attain contraceptives, I'm not that much of a snob.

15+ Year Old Account
    would you require some one in death valley to buy flood insurance. would you call a home insurance plan dog shit if it doesn't have flood insurance in it for a home owner in death valley
    STILL waiting for why I have to pay for the bad life decisions of senior citizens and yet this is somehow a talking point about Obamacare.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    I'm still waiting for people to explain to me why this is a talking point about Obamacare when I'm being forced to pay for every senior citizen's bad life choices when it came to their health.
    i could make bad choices in the future it's not likely i'll have a baby
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I work for a hospital and wrote off 177,000 today for people like you who support these piece of shit health plans. I just submitted another 278,000 t0 my supervisor for review for more of you people who have dog shit plans.

Before this I had written off 498,000 worth of charity for you people. I AM SICK OF IT>

Most of the charity I do on a daily basis is for people who have shitty plans they call insurance. Guess who the cost gets passed onto??? Can you guess? Stop calling that piece of crap in you pocket a health insurance card. It is nothing more then a discount card. THAT IS IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    i'm not sure the dead people and their families would be okay with that. i'm guessing you're assuming you wouldn't be one of the people harmed. just like some young, healthy people assume they won't get hurt or sick so why should they pay for health insurance.
    it would only happen once because that company would be out of business because no one else would fly with them and if they do it is from their own stupidity and all the other companies would learn from that one companies mistake. Im not saying we should get rid of all regulations but we cant save everyone from their own stupidity

10+ Year Old Account
    and who decides the middle of the political spectrum it is all subjective just like the beauty of a women or the good taste of food

and the middle is not stagnant it changes all the time the middle today is different then it was 50 years ago or even 20 years ago
    Do you even read what you write? The middle is the middle because it's the middle. No one decides it.

15+ Year Old Account
    i could make bad choices in the future it's not likely i'll have a baby
    I don't plan on starting to chain smoke, so why should I pay for the treatment of people over 65 who have chain smoked their whole lives?

Also, Medicare is funded by the taxes of today, it isn't some kind of pay it forward system like social security (should be lol). If they decide to scrap Medicare for another system, I've basically been paying for old people's health care that I may not even benefit from later. At least with insurance if I have an accident right now, my insurance will cover me.

So again, not sure why the nature of insurance (paying into one big pot for everyone) is a critical talking point when Medicare is justified by the same people.

Oh that's right, I do know why. It's not out of any kind of logic or reason, it's politics, pure and simple.

I work for a hospital and wrote off 177,000 today for people like you who support these piece of shit health plans. I just submitted another 278,000 t0 my supervisor for review for more of you people who have dog shit plans.
    and how many of those writes offs were for men that didn't pay their prenatal care?

10+ Year Old Account
    bias is subjective it all depends where you think the middle is your middle of the political spectrum is probably different then where I think the middle is just like a communist would think an American democrat is on the right
    No, that's a large pile of bovine excrement.

Bias is objective. It is demonstrable and factual, it is not a matter of opinion. It never is. You're confusing it with "opinions". Bias is an objective slanting of the facts. Bias might exist because of opinions, but that does not make it subjective. At all. Reality is not up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No, that's a large pile of bovine excrement.

Bias is objective. It is demonstrable and factual, it is not a matter of opinion. It never is. You're confusing it with "opinions". Bias is an objective slanting of the facts. Bias might exist because of opinions, but that does not make it subjective. At all. Reality is not up for debate.
    bias is measured from what?

and how many of those writes offs were for men that didn't pay their prenatal care?
    I do not know. Go ask women paying for you to get free prostate checks. See your medical benefits lately? This shit swings both ways. Here is truth. At this point I COULD CARE less what you think right now. The ACA is here, it is law, and I do not care what Republicans say. How many times in the last 40 YEARS did Republicans have majorities in the executive and legislative branches and did not do a damn thing.

Guess what we got majorities in both and changed healthcare at a fundamental level. The system before the ACA was broken in ways that you could not even imagine. You have not see kids with cancer dropped from their insurance and left with a death sentence, I have seen sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo many people denied transplants because they got dropped from their insurance.

You do not know until you are in the trenches half the crap I have seen people put through by these companies dealing this crap they call healthcare.

10+ Year Old Account
    bias is measured from what?
    From the facts.

Again; reality is not up for debate. If you spin the facts to suggest something that does not follow from the facts, because you have an agenda to push, you are demonstrating objective bias. This isn't complicated. There's plenty to the world that is firm and objective, from which to draw these conclusions.

As a for-instance that doesn't pick any specific political points, consider bias against African-Americans. It doesn't matter what your reasons are for being biased against them, which are totally subjective, when you make statements that are not supported by the facts, like "All them blacks are criminal gangbangers", it's very easy to point out that, in fact, they aren't, and you (the theoretical "you" in this case) are a liar. You may not have meant to lie, and were pushed to lie due to your bias, but that bias can be easily and clearly demonstrated by comparing your statements to reality, and showing a discrepancy.
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-10-29 at 01:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    and if those employer offered plans don't meet the ACA requirements? what then?
    Employer offered plans only have to meet bare-bones requirements. "If you have a job-based plan, you're considered covered" (https://www.healthcare.gov/what-if-i...lth-insurance/)