Annoying "bug" in Deepwind Gorge BG?

I'm pretty sure a lot of people already noticed this, but the "event" and "objective" sound effects in Deepwind Gorge are reversed. As an alliance player, when horde attacks a flag controlled by alliance, it plays the sound effect normally associated with alliance taking a horde flag...which means that if alliance is losing control of the map (bad) it sounds like you are gaining control of it (sounds good, but still is bad).

Same deal when grabbing a mine cart - if horde takes alliance mine cart, it plays the sound it should play when alliance is taking horde cart and vice versa.

I may also be in a small minority, but I rely on auditory cues as well as visual to clue me into the best way to help my team win. It would be nice if they fixed the sound effects and I'm not sure if this is an alliance-only problem or if the same issue exists horde side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im in shock you play with sound on.

Myself I am just always spamming the map button whenever I am not fighting.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

How can you play with the sound off? You are disabling yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I haven't played with sound on in 4-5 years probably.

@OT: It might be worth submitting a bug report in-game and sending a tweet to @Holinka. I haven't noticed it myself but I could see why it would be annoying/confusing.

OP i have noticed this as well. Ive mentioned to other people I am running with and they never take notice. I'd like a fix for this as well. Thank you for validating me!

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had sound on since like 2005. The only time I could think it might have been helpful was back when rogues could actually be unstealthed before they opened and you can hear them.

My audio is Skype, its team communication, and I am constantly watching my teams health and checking the map, which will alert you to someone trying to take a node a lot sooner then the audio ding of it being capped.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucious View Post
    OP i have noticed this as well. Ive mentioned to other people I am running with and they never take notice. I'd like a fix for this as well. Thank you for validating me!
    Cool, so it's not just me. Good to know!

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    I haven't played with sound on in 4-5 years probably.

@OT: It might be worth submitting a bug report in-game and sending a tweet to @Holinka. I haven't noticed it myself but I could see why it would be annoying/confusing.
    I wanted to see how many other people noticed this or if it was a fluke limited to my system before submitting any report.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I haven't had sound on since like 2005. The only time I could think it might have been helpful was back when rogues could actually be unstealthed before they opened and you can hear them.

My audio is Skype, its team communication, and I am constantly watching my teams health and checking the map, which will alert you to someone trying to take a node a lot sooner then the audio ding of it being capped.
    I disagree; sound is still helpful. I can discern most CCs by their sound effect, so I can tell who is attacking me and what's going on. Most of the major CCs in the game have their own unique effect even if classes have similar abilities.

Players, esp hunters, can still detect stealthed rogues / druids by sound if they pass by close to them.

I find skype to be very distracting and annoying unless the people on the team keep the chatter limited to the game - which almost never happens in my experience. Although it's easier talking rather than typing, when you have 10 people talking over each other it really loses its "efficiency" over typing and adds to the confusion.

I've assembled my own "yolo" RBGs with no skype and have beaten 1500-1800 rated teams who were using skype by wide margins. Perhaps at higher RBG ratings you will run into more coordinated teams where one cannot win with a pug, but anything below 1800 is fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Pretty much this. Unless you're really laggy, you'd glimpse the rogue the same time you'd hear them. I finally disabled all game sounds in 2007 or 2008. Don't knock it until you've tried it. The combination of buff/debuff icons and focus swapping is enough to play well and barring that, Gladiator LoSSA can fill in the blanks if you're still adjusting to dodging CC in tight-knit play. I can't speak for the sounds but I do notice that on some node captures (DG, AB and rated EotS), the raid warning doesn't pop until a few seconds after the assault has been completed. I find the map to be most helpful. By knowing where my teammates are, I know who's getting pressured (and by what) so I don't have to trust them to actually make the call. I can make it for them or start heading over to help.
    Last edited by Lady Tygry; 2013-10-08 at 02:44 AM.