Poll: How do you Check the Time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Watch>Desktop>Phone>Cooker(if I'm at home)

Deleted
    i have a watch but i've been checking my phone for 10 years or something and just got used to it

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Don't you think it's more strange that you asked him for the time when there was a "giant" wall clock next to you too?

Anyway. Yes, most people check their phone. I personally have 3-4 watches I wear. Only 2 work lol.
    Apparently OP's method of checking the time, is to ask other people Odd that he didn't put it as one of the choices
    Perhaps he just uses it as a conversation starter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to check my phone for the time but since acquiring a watch I only check my phone 10% as often as I used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Check phone/desktop
    2) Check clock
    3) Ask someone else
    4) Check watch

I honestly don't know why I actually wear a watch, I maybe look at it once or twice a month :/

I still use a watch most of the time. Nothing fancy, just a cheap $10 WalMart watch I bought like 10 years ago. I only whip my phone out if I need to look at an actual calendar.

If I happen to be sitting in front of my computer at the time, I just use it.

Deleted
    Watch or clock, sometimes PC clock.

Deleted
    I look at my patek philippe calatrava, JK. I just look at my wrist watch.

I use my phone, almost always. If I'm on a computer I'll use that, otherwise I always use my phone regardless of if there's a clock nearby. Probably has something to do with my distrust for clocks since every one in my house seems to be a different time. Don't know who to believe anymore, but my phone never lies to me.

Plus I always have my phone on me wherever I am.

I have not used wrist watches anytime in my life.

At home I use the computer. On the road i use my phone.

Back before PC's and mobile phones were that common i knew the location of most public clocks in my city.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    At home i check on the tv or pc

While in bed the digital clock

While at work pc / clock

While im out phone

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever is closest to me, I don't get why it's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    While I was at work today I noticed something a bit interesting. When I asked my co-worker to check the time, instead of using the GIANT wall clock right near him, or his watch, he pulls out his phone. So it got me curious how do you all check the time even with other sources nearby?
    The computer is the most reliable, then is the phone. Outside clocks are not in our control and might be wrong.

Deleted
    I have a wristwatch but I always look on my phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I should put my iPod Touch as Phone, Computer or Other

Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    While I was at work today I noticed something a bit interesting. When I asked my co-worker to check the time, instead of using the GIANT wall clock right near him, or his watch, he pulls out his phone. So it got me curious how do you all check the time even with other sources nearby?
    Well, maybe he wondered why you asked him as there was a GIANT wall clock right near? So he assumed there was something wrong with it.

If I would still be wearing a watch I'd probably use it, but as I stopped wearing them when I got my first cell an it became my main "time information source". Unless of course I sit in front of a computer, then I'd use the system time.

Deleted
    1. Wall clock 2. Phone 3. Nearby Computer.

IN that order.. Why would I bother taking my phone out of the pocket if the clock is right there on the wall?

Beeing lazy i ask other People unless the clock is kinda right in my face.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wall clock > computer (if I'm in front of one) > phone > ask someone else

I always look for a wall clock first even if I'm sitting in from of a computer. The phone is usually the last resort.

I wear a watch and not used to my new smartphone, plus if you are checking your phone for the time while wearing a watch you might as well leave the watch at home.