Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Garrosh - New mechanics??

Stars guild gived out their 25 H Garrosh kill video, if someone hasnt't seen yet, here it is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7EyPY7iPKY

So, what can be seen in phase 4? From a distant point it doesn't seem so difficult yet. What mechanics have you noticed?

AND, one moment.....Did I miss something, or the 1,2&3 phases are unchanged, except only for the adds from whirlwind??? Isn't that a bit ridiculous? Honestly, I hoped that it would at least be one more ability at phase 2, which would as well be empowered at phase 3....

Phase 1 adds have a new ability. Not sure if it changes anything or not.

Also, empowered whirlwind has always spawned adds, unless you are referring to something else?
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-10-06 at 07:36 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Well, that's at least something...but 2&3 phases? That's sad....it was always +1 ability per phase at least....

- - - Updated - - -

Also, empowered whirlwind has always spawned adds, unless you are referring to something else?
    On heroic adds from empowered whirling corruption gain 10 energy when they hit in melee, and upon getting 100 energy they give a buff to surroundind adds (large buff on hp and dmg), same that they use in normal when they die. In the intermission phase adds have abilities now, but 2&3 seem to be lacking of new abilities...
    Last edited by Explorer; 2013-10-06 at 08:05 AM.

Deleted
    SoO is more like Dragon Soul was, and ToT was more like Tier 11. In terms of boss immersion, changes between normal and heroic etc.
    It is indeed rather dire that Garrosh bears so many similarities to the Deathwing encounter in DS, lack of new mechanics, around 15 minutes long etc...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    SoO is more like Dragon Soul was, and ToT was more like Tier 11. In terms of boss immersion, changes between normal and heroic etc.
    It is indeed rather dire that Garrosh bears so many similarities to the Deathwing encounter in DS, lack of new mechanics, around 15 minutes long etc...
    Yea thats true, when preparing a new Heroic Boss the Strategy description most of the time is "Abilities deal more DMG and Boss has more HP" + 1-2 new abilities/mechanics for the whole fight.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's fucking lame how hard is it to do another ''Ragnaros'' encounter where IT is actually different -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like his 4th phase gets a bunch of new stuff - Iron Stars whirling around, adds appearing after comet-like projectiles hit, fire patches everywhere... still watching through the vid.

For P3[4?] (purely anecdotal from the Chinese kill video): Looks like you have to use the Iron Star to "sweep" the fire on the ground, a la Heroic Rag. There's appears to be movement phase where shit comes down from the sky and you have to thread the needle to stay safe. Towards the very end, it appears they let the Iron Star die, at which point all hell broke loose and it looked like a metric fuck ton of adds came out of nowhere. I'd imagine it's a pure DPS check (the same way Rag legs phase was) to make sure you kill Garrosh before the fire on the ground inevitably overwhelms your raid. Looks pretty intense, though it's not exactly a "new" mechanic.

From the video: in the final phase Garrosh seems to put a debuff on multiple raid members that has to be soaked/healed through with mutiple people? Split the dmg it does?

Then there is a Iron Star that fixates on people. Determined by Proximity/debuff? Seems you want to kite the Iron Star around until Garrosh gets a full corrupted bar? At 100 nergy he started a channel which is when you crash the iron star into him. At the end they didn't crash the Iron Star into him so the channel caused adds to spawn = almost raid wipe.

Finally move from one side of the room to the other to avoid the fire that spawns on the ground. Seems to despawn after a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadoz View Post
    From the video: in the final phase Garrosh seems to put a debuff on multiple raid members that has to be soaked/healed through with mutiple people? Split the dmg it does?

Then there is a Iron Star that fixates on people. Determined by Proximity/debuff? Seems you want to kite the Iron Star around until Garrosh gets a full corrupted bar? At 100 nergy he started a channel which is when you crash the iron star into him. At the end they didn't crash the Iron Star into him so the channel caused adds to spawn = almost raid wipe.

Finally move from one side of the room to the other to avoid the fire that spawns on the ground. Seems to despawn after a bit.
    The fire despawned when the ironstar rolled over it. You're supposed to be kiting it around over the fire untill 100 energy, which is when it hits garrosh and AOE's the raid. Phase overall seems very, very simple really - just need to figure out if the debuff is a short-lived DoT (basicly, outheal), or if it has to be dealt with somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    The fire despawned when the ironstar rolled over it. You're supposed to be kiting it around over the fire untill 100 energy, which is when it hits garrosh and AOE's the raid. Phase overall seems very, very simple really - just need to figure out if the debuff is a short-lived DoT (basicly, outheal), or if it has to be dealt with somehow.
    It looks simple in terms of complexity, but it looks very hard to execute, which when you consider the rest of the fight which is the beefed up normal mode is probably hard enough to begin with, every failed execution on that phase will take a lot of time and effort to get to.

Annihilate does twice as much damage on Heroic (700k-800k) so pretty much everyone needs to get an orb or people start dying to Annihilate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Annihilate does twice as much damage on Heroic (700k-800k) so pretty much everyone needs to get an orb or people start dying to Annihilate.
    You can survive without, its not a big issue (Not +10 people ofc)

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you miss the entire new phase at the end with all new mechanics including Iron Stars that chase you, the Horde fleet bombarding the raid leaving fire, a new type of add and Malice.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    For P3[4?] (purely anecdotal from the Chinese kill video): Looks like you have to use the Iron Star to "sweep" the fire on the ground, a la Heroic Rag. There's appears to be movement phase where shit comes down from the sky and you have to thread the needle to stay safe. Towards the very end, it appears they let the Iron Star die, at which point all hell broke loose and it looked like a metric fuck ton of adds came out of nowhere. I'd imagine it's a pure DPS check (the same way Rag legs phase was) to make sure you kill Garrosh before the fire on the ground inevitably overwhelms your raid. Looks pretty intense, though it's not exactly a "new" mechanic.

I noticed that when the iron star hit garrosh the first time, he got stunned. Then, when the iron star broke down the 2nd time for some reason, there was some issue with one of his casts. I think you have to use the iron star to stun Garrosh when he's casting his spell, otherwise bad stuff happens. Basically Rag's Empower Sulfuras.

I could be way off, of course, but that's that I gleaned from it.

Deleted
    Well seems like Garrosh P4 is like a copy of Ragnaros P4.

You have to stack because otherwise Malice gives Garrosh Energy, you aren't allowed to stack completely because otherwise the Horde Fleet detects a Cluster and most likely nukes the Raid, so you build 3 Small Camps. The Mechanic seems to be a little more forgiving than on Ragnaros HC because it seems like you dont have to stack the 3 small Camps together in a certain area like the Frostzones on Ragnaros, in theory you can also make them stand on complete different spots as far as is can see.

Instead of Meteors you have Iron Stars which have to be kited to the Boss when he reaches 100 Energy to interrupt his cast (=Empower Sulfuras/Roots).

And you have lots of Fire that overwhelms you eventually like on Ragnaros.

So P1-3 is exactly P1-3 from nHC with more DMG and HP and P4 is basically exactly Rag P4... not very creative

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    So P1-3 is exactly P1-3 from nHC with more DMG and HP and P4 is basically exactly Rag P4... not very creative
    Just beacause there is fire and big rolling ball doesn't make it similar to ragnaros.

Malice
    Fires Malicious Blast at the closest 2 allies every 2 sec. (5 in 25)
    Any Malicious Blast that is not absorbed will be fired at Garrosh instead.
    14 seconds remaining

He only puts it on one person.

Malicious Blast
    Unlimited range
    Instant
    Inflicts 341250 to 358750 Shadow damage and increases damage taken by Malicious Blast by 75%.

The debuff lasts 3 seconds, but method was only alternating between two groups most time and their debuff wore off in time.

Iron stars spawn when apparently there's a cluster of people together. They fixate on someone and chases them. Though when method had half the raid die, someone who was fixated on blew the iron star up even though it wasn't close to him. The rogue who got it first stayed kinda close and it didn't blow up, while the other guy was a decent ways away so I'm gonna assume if you get too far from it as it's fixated it probably just blows up.

There's bombardment which is just aoe stuff on the ground you just dodge that leave fire on the ground. I thought that the fire just vanished on it's own as some point before the next bombardment, didn't see the iron star removing any but I didn't pay close attention.

At 100 energy garrosh does manifestation of rage, which spawns those adds. You stun him with the iron star to stop the cast, though I think it's a channel so if you are slow you do get some adds.

Doesn't seem like that bad of a phase honestly.
    Last edited by Angelicat; 2013-10-07 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    Malice
    Fires Malicious Blast at the closest 2 allies every 2 sec. (5 in 25)
    Any Malicious Blast that is not absorbed will be fired at Garrosh instead.
    14 seconds remaining

He only puts it on one person.

Malicious Blast
    Unlimited range
    Instant
    Inflicts 341250 to 358750 Shadow damage and increases damage taken by Malicious Blast by 75%.

The debuff lasts 3 seconds, but method was only alternating between two groups most time and their debuff wore off in time.

Iron stars spawn when apparently there's a cluster of people together. They fixate on someone and chases them. Though when method had half the raid die, someone who was fixated on blew the iron star up even though it wasn't close to him. The rogue who got it first stayed kinda close and it didn't blow up, while the other guy was a decent ways away so I'm gonna assume if you get too far from it as it's fixated it probably just blows up.

There's bombardment which is just aoe stuff on the ground you just dodge that leave fire on the ground. I thought that the fire just vanished on it's own as some point before the next bombardment, didn't see the iron star removing any but I didn't pay close attention.

At 100 energy garrosh does manifestation of rage, which spawns those adds. You stun him with the iron star to stop the cast, though I think it's a channel so if you are slow you do get some adds.

Doesn't seem like that bad of a phase honestly.
    That is literally a copy of H Ragnaros P4, minus ppl on firefighter duty.

Do the Manifestations of Rage do anything special? A lot of people died after the adds spawned.

Ah, good call on the Iron Stars. I thought it was a sweep mechanic but it seems more like boulders than anything else. (I guess I just have repressed memories since the "fire" on the ground is the same exact graphic used when you went sweeping on H-Rag.) Nothing incredibly difficult or different it seems, the hardest part (like most end tier bosses) will be getting to P4 with your raid mostly intact.