Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    It's not a contradiction. If you read my post you should have realized that that I said hunting logs cap out around level 12/13, levemetes also cap out.

At this point you're only option is to grind fates (and doing that fucking sucks as the thousands upon thousands of posts I read and people I talk to on multiple servers, majority agree with that statement)

Therefore, not enough content to level. Dungeons aren't available at level 12/13 either.
    You're doing it wrong if you're at level 13 and the only thing left to do is FATEs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    You're doing it wrong if you're at level 13 and the only thing left to do is FATEs.
    I'm not doing anything wrong. The game is designed wrong.

No side quests when I started the new job (they were all finished while leveling my first job). I did as much of the hunting log as I could. (Can't do rank 3 until level 20, I was level 13), did all the levemetes until I wasn't able to do anymore (due to cap) at level 10.

Literally the only thing left was grind Fates.
    Last edited by Komie; 2013-10-08 at 03:32 AM.

Literally, Guildhests start at level 10.

I'm not doing anything wrong. The game is designed wrong.

No side quests when I started the new job (they were all finished while leveling my first job). I did as much of the hunting log as I could. (Can't do rank 3 until level 20, I was level 13), did all the levemetes until I wasn't able to do anymore (due to cap) at level 10.

Literally the only thing left was grind Fates.
    Really? Cause I was able to hit at least level 15-16 without having to resort to FATE grinding on ALL of my classes.

Really? Cause I was able to hit at least level 15-16 without having to resort to FATE grinding on ALL of my classes.
    Then please feel free to prove me wrong by explaining exactly how you did that. Because I did as much of the hunting log and all of my levemetes that I could, and only got to 13.

Go ahead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then please feel free to prove me wrong by explaining exactly how you did that. Because I did as much of the hunting log and all of my levemetes that I could, and only got to 13.

Go ahead.
    For science. I too would love to know.

Is it GC books? Pls dont say leves.

Go ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post

It's just the hunting log for me. All my Leve Allowances go to crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I'm not sure how people use up all their quests on their first job. I guess I just planned ahead and have been doing as few quests as possible on my first job since the storyline stuff/instances/guildhests/etc have been good for a lot of xp.

Same with leves, not sure how people run out unless you're just using them all up on battlecraft leves as soon as you get them. That's another thing I've been planning ahead with and saving up.
    I never would have known to plan ahead.

I've played WOW, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars, Everquest 2, Rift and a few other MMO's that escape me, but never a Final Fantasy MMO. So I never knew that I shouldn't do all the quests because they wouldn't be available ever again.

I was actually told by a few people that all the side quests would reset when you switched to a new job so that you could level another job on the same character.

And yes, storylines/instances/guildhests do give a lot of good experience, but enough to get you to level 50 without having to grind fates. Which is why all of my side quests are used up. Because I needed more EXP to level.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just the hunting log for me. All my Leve Allowances go to crafting.
    Then you must be hacking or something, or your game is bugged on your computer. Because I did more then that and wasn't able to get to 15. I also know for a fact that my four friends who play this game have experienced the same thing as me.

I didn't have any "Special Final Fantasy" secret knowledge, either. I just used some common sense and said, "Gee, I can level multiple jobs on one toon. I'm sure there's not 35,267,153,163 quests in the game though, and usually you can't repeat side quests in MMOs, so I'm sure I'd run out if I do them all."
    That doesn't really make sense.

You said you didn't have any ""special final fantasy" secret knowledge", but at the same time said "usually can't repeat side quests in MMO's", even though this isnt' a typical MMO and FFXI are the only mmo's that allow you to be multiple classes on the same character.

So you either had previous experience with FFXI or read somewhere/someone told you to not finish all the quests, or just took a shot in the dark since other mmo's don't allow multiple classes on one character.

It's not exactly a huge logical leap to assume that you couldn't repeat sidequests, seeing as how pretty much every major MMO works the same way.

Here, this is for you: http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/wik...xtrapolate.jpg
    Normally no, it's not a huge leap. But those other MMO's don't allow multiple classes per character.

This one does.

So it's safe to assume to that they provide sufficient leveling content to get those characters to max level.

Easiest way to do that would be to have all the non main story quests reset for each class so you can level properly.

Normally no, it's not a huge leap. But those other MMO's don't allow multiple classes per character.

This one does.

So it's safe to assume to that they provide sufficient leveling content to get those characters to max level.

Easiest way to do that would be to have all the non main story quests reset for each class so you can level properly.
    I got so many quests left its really a lot. The way leveling is done in this game is that you shud utilize fates, dungeons, guildhests, levemetes and hunting log all combined. Its more then enuff to level several jobs. I got two maxed out and still got many quests left. Its a design choice, you may not like it or agree with it. But Yeah, it is what it is maybe they change their mind at some point aand make them repeatable.i doubt it though

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    I got so many quests left its really a lot. The way leveling is done in this game is that you shud utilize fates, dungeons, guildhests, levemetes and hunting log all combined. Its more then enuff to level several jobs. I got two maxed out and still got many quests left. Its a design choice, you may not like it or agree with it. But Yeah, it is what it is maybe they change their mind at some point aand make them repeatable.i doubt it though
    And I utilized all those. Yes I've done fates, I don't grind them, but I have done 90% of them.

As mentioned, I did all quests, capped out levemetes, did all guildhests, did all dungeons, and finished my hunting log and I got 50 on one job, and level 13 on another job.

I refuse to grind fates as it sucks.

This is, infact, false.
    Just because you don't agree, doesn't make it false.

You can easily reach level 10 doing full hunting log rank 1, reach level 15 doing some hunting log rank 2 and some fates and then spam dungeons with whatever else you'd like. FATEs will always be the best way to level as of right now, but there are other slower ways if you don't want to do them.
    ^This

I did a mix of hunting log, leves, guildhests and FATEs (not FATE grinding, just popping into them when they were in the area I was hunting or doing my leves). You can mix and match the content to meet what you enjoy, there isn't a reason to grind one til your brain is numb and you don't emjoy the game anymore.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2013-10-09 at 04:31 PM.

I haven't had any issues leveling multiple alt classes, especially to 15. What did I do? A little bit of everything. Some classes started out in cities I hadn't done yet so I had those, a few leves, Guildhests, hunting log, a few fates and sometimes if I was close to a new level I just killed stuff. Now if you want to complain about 30 and higher I will agree a bit, but even then instances are usually worth most of a level and then you still have all of the rest as well.

Yes the more of them you do the harder it will be and more of a grind it will be, but I've done far far worse ones than leveling in this game ( at least with a good group Fates can be enjoyable).

And its far from the only game where you can do everything on one toon. SWG and TSW are just two that come to mind really quickly.

This one does.

"Properly"? And exactly who has the right to determine what is the "proper" way to level? Why?

You have levequests, FATEs and hunting logs at your disposal. Hell, many people would argue it is more efficient to level through these than through normal quests (much less travel involved therefore less time required). I know when I join a FATE group that lasts a decent length of time I find myself outleveling the current area I'm in pretty quick-like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait...Is this person claiming that you can't get beyond 13 on your second class without FATE Grinding? My (almost) every class at 30+ would like to have a word with you....
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

And I utilized all those. Yes I've done fates, I don't grind them, but I have done 90% of them.

As mentioned, I did all quests, capped out levemetes, did all guildhests, did all dungeons, and finished my hunting log and I got 50 on one job, and level 13 on another job.

I refuse to grind fates as it sucks.
    You are seriously doing something wrong m8. Then you have done quests that you out leveled etc just to empty an area of quests. And fates are actually quite fun and social if you find a group and make an effort in talking and being social.

This is, infact, false.

This game does not supply enough content to level more then 1 character to level 50 unless you love mindlessly grinding fates.

I have a level 50 summoner (did main story quests, all guildheist quests, capped out my levemete quests daily)

Tried to level a lancer on the same toon, oh and what a suprise to me when I realized that I could literally do nothing but levemetes, fates, and hunting logs. All of which were capped out by level 13 (fuck fates, not grinding them)
    Then dont grind. Go kill mobs then -.- but god sake stop crying.
    For me in FFXIV: ARR has been most succesfull leveling system. Dont have to kill 10-20 mobs per quest and repeat. In here had to kill 4 mobs and repeat! So win. Also tip for crying babies about fates. Buy gamepad put your one aoe skill to all buttons and start spamming it while doing that put tv series on tv and put ur legs onto table and enjoy your EASIEST WAY TO LEVEL UP.

Also cant you get XP from GC stuff too? Supply missions or what ever they were.

Also i can find 2 reasons for someone want to create alt on same server.

First 200-250k gil from doing same quests again(which is well somewhat decent but way too slow income)
    Secon is appereance

Why would anyone create another character when you can get everything for your main character. Plus youll receive 50% bonus xp for your other jobs etc which means you can get level per hour or so with fates.
    Last edited by Mykk; 2013-10-16 at 11:05 PM.