Exclamation TBC Golden age of WOW

*Put on rose colored glasses and parties like it's 2007!*

I hated TBC. Aside from the fairly good raids. The overall quality was shit. There was barely any story in it. The leveling design was terrible and the zones were horrible. No effort were put into voice-over and nothing... seriously. There is a REASON why no one levels in the Draenei leveling zone. All those terrible memories... stop IT!

Edit:
    For example, even Hellfire Peninsula do not even look like the slightest of what it did in Warcraft 3. Where are all those mushroom-like trees? Nowhere. Ugh... the only good sides I can think of were the good looking raiding gear and the raids itself... except Hyjal... NOTHING like wacraft 3. It's another joke of a raid.
    Last edited by Bearhands; 2013-10-06 at 03:48 PM.

YAY OMG YOU GOT IT!!!!!!!

The 1 millionth post about this topic, go to a TBC private server if you loved it so much! I'm sick of nostalgia threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Silly thread.

But yes... TBC was the golden age of WoW, for me at least. Too bad you don't realize something is as good as it's going to get, until it's over.

Loved TBC, best raids and five man dungeons in WoW ever, the world was immersive as well.

/sigh
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bearhands View Post
    I hated TBC. Aside from the fairly good raids. The overall quality was shit. There was barely any story in it. The leveling design was terrible and the zones were horrible. No effort were put into voice-over and nothing... seriously. There is a REASON why no one levels in the Draenei leveling zone for example. All those terrible memories... stop IT!
    hahaha couldn't be anymore wrong

BC will be remembered as some of this game's finest times

TBC, an awesome time for some, there is a lot of anger from guys that weren't good enough to get into raids though lol, even tho there were a lot of other things to do.

Wotlk was the Golden Age of wow. While tbc was good, wotlk was the peak. Ofc, matter of opinion and all
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    hahaha couldn't be anymore wrong

BC will be remembered as some of this game's finest times
    Speak for yourself.

Gameplay was better than Vanilla, but still shit compared to now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaziOfTheSkies View Post
    Wotlk was the Golden Age of wow. While tbc was good, wotlk was the peak. Ofc, matter of opinion and all
    gotta agree, WotLK was the peak and its the peak that you call the golden age.
    not that with comes before or after, but the peak itself and that is WotLK.

Loved everything about TBC, definetely fav expansion. Wotlk was nr. 2.
    Mop / cata is just boring trash imho.

I liked vanilla alot more than tbc honestly. it separated casuals and hardcore raiders with gear difference. now everyone is a speical nowflake that gets epics when they hit max level. and now the casuals pretend they are hardcore raiders by yelling at everyone for failing in lfr. I remeber putting together 20 man ubrs runs and stratholme runs pugged and clearing the place. i remeber pugging molten core and clearing it with maybe maximum 2 wipes. Today for my lfr grouping .. it's pure hell. I dare you to make an alliance charcter on bloodhoof and try doing lfr. You can't kill a single boss without a minimum 4-5 stack determination .. yes they are that bad. When you ask people to kill the npcs spawning on nazgrim instead of blindly mashing buttons at the boss in defensive stance you're told that you don't pay their 14.99 a month and they are going to have fun. then proceed to try get you vote kicked.

Ya if blizzard EVER charged 30 usd a month for vanilla or even BC servers i'd go in a heart beat. the community was 100x better before server xfers, faction changes and lfr/lfg were ever implemented.

Has anyone noticed how this has become more and more like the generational argument 'in my day things where better'?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Loved everything about TBC, definetely fav expansion. Wotlk was nr. 2.
    Mop / cata is just boring trash imho.
    Finally people with similar opinions to mine

10+ Year Old Account
    There really isn't anything new to discuss here that isn't already covered in other nostalgia-related threads