Thread: Lfr dps

Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Lfr dps

    I need some opinions here, as this is an issue that is starting to perplex me.

    In SoO LFR, what is an acceptable amount of dps?

    The reason I ask is, apparently I am an elitist diva. For suggesting that 30-40k dps is too low, and that the people doing it aren't trying. The retort to this seems to be, people need gear, so like lay off man. The last god knows how many runs I have been on I have suggested kicking people who can't hit 40k dps (this in some cases includes 3 stacks of determination). I always get shouted down for it. Apparently if you can breach the 40k dps mark, you should be raiding on normal or hc modes.

    I tried to argue that with the ilvl requirements you should at least manage 60-70kdps. And that it wasn't gear I was suggesting was the issue, but effort. And that it was reasonable to ask people to at least put a little effort in, because its a group effort.

    Am I being too unreasonable? What would you say was the bare minimum dps someone should be pulling in SoO LFR? I am genuinely at the point where I am confused. I thought I had a fair point, but I am honestly questioning that now. Would like to see what others think.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    That chick needed some spicy salmon, need to buff that hit rating.

  2. #2
    If you take the itemlevel as baseline for dps calculations, 40k is way too low for iLevel 496+. But I assume you already know that.

    But the question for acceptable lfr dps is simply what is enough dps to down the boss. That's encounter tuning from blizzard, and while they can assume for normal/heroic modes players perform at least in the 70-80 percentile of the maximum possible output per itemlevel, they simply lowered that expectation for lfr. While you also have many overperformers in lfr, there is an even greater number of underperformers.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I need some opinions here, as this is an issue that is starting to perplex me.

    In SoO LFR, what is an acceptable amount of dps?

    The reason I ask is, apparently I am an elitist diva. For suggesting that 30-40k dps is too low, and that the people doing it aren't trying. The retort to this seems to be, people need gear, so like lay off man. The last god knows how many runs I have been on I have suggested kicking people who can't hit 40k dps (this in some cases includes 3 stacks of determination). I always get shouted down for it. Apparently if you can breach the 40k dps mark, you should be raiding on normal or hc modes.

    I tried to argue that with the ilvl requirements you should at least manage 60-70kdps. And that it wasn't gear I was suggesting was the issue, but effort. And that it was reasonable to ask people to at least put a little effort in, because its a group effort.

    Am I being too unreasonable? What would you say was the bare minimum dps someone should be pulling in SoO LFR? I am genuinely at the point where I am confused. I thought I had a fair point, but I am honestly questioning that now. Would like to see what others think.
    40 for normals? you would hit berserk at 50%
    496 is capable of doing 80-120k in some classes. viz: http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic#496

    you are reasonable but ignored by blizzard and LFR crowd.

    My advice to You is to do Flex and screw the LFR, they will have what they deserve once all good players will do Flex only.

  4. #4
    You are right, but since these forums are populated by the same people you are gonna be told you are an elitist prick.

    Also, a 496 Timeless Isle gear cant do more than 50-60K dps in LFR, the gear sucks, weapons suck cause you dont have any actual weapon, trinkets suck cause they dont give 11k stats as ToT ones do.. Blizzard is clueless hence we got timeless isle and thats 60K dps if they know how to play, most are around 30-40K.
    Last edited by potis; 2013-10-19 at 11:20 AM.

  5. #5
    Like I've said before, if I wanted to work with vegetables I'd be a farmer and not doing the LFR's.

    Go Flex-Normals instead and spare yourself of the headache!
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  6. #6
    I think if you have most people doing ~60k dps (you know, actual dps targeting the correct stuff) and some people doing 100-120k dps you should never have a problem with enrage timers. Obviously it's boring as hell to have a 8min fight just because people can't bother to learn their class/rotation/enchant/gem their gear, but that's just an additional reason to never run LFR.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You are right, but since these forums are populated by the same people you are gonna be told you are an elitist prick.

    Also, a 496 Timeless Isle cant do more than 50-60K dps in LFR, the gear sucks, weapons suck, trinkets suck, Blizzard is clueless hence we got timeless isle and thats 60K dps if they know how to play.
    Uhm, wait, in 5.3 I respecced my exclusively healer priest to shadow for fun. 490ilvl, no gems and half the gear not enchanted, bad weapon, 2 healer trinkets, no addons to track my cooldowns/procs and just a vague idea of what my rotation should be and I still did more than 60k dps. If someone puts in some effort, 80k dps is certainly the minimum you can expect.

    Also, that argument that timeless gear has bad stat allocation is stupid. I could be acceptable the first 2 weeks, but do you expect me to believe that everyone doing below 60k dps is just doing LFR for the first time with full timeless gear and hasn't already got some LFR/world boss drops?
    Last edited by honj90; 2013-10-19 at 11:25 AM.

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire Ashardis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I need some opinions here, as this is an issue that is starting to perplex me.

    In SoO LFR, what is an acceptable amount of dps?

    The reason I ask is, apparently I am an elitist diva. For suggesting that 30-40k dps is too low, and that the people doing it aren't trying. The retort to this seems to be, people need gear, so like lay off man. The last god knows how many runs I have been on I have suggested kicking people who can't hit 40k dps (this in some cases includes 3 stacks of determination). I always get shouted down for it. Apparently if you can breach the 40k dps mark, you should be raiding on normal or hc modes.

    I tried to argue that with the ilvl requirements you should at least manage 60-70kdps. And that it wasn't gear I was suggesting was the issue, but effort. And that it was reasonable to ask people to at least put a little effort in, because its a group effort.

    Am I being too unreasonable? What would you say was the bare minimum dps someone should be pulling in SoO LFR? I am genuinely at the point where I am confused. I thought I had a fair point, but I am honestly questioning that now. Would like to see what others think.
    It's not really enough for ToT, let alone SoO

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire Snorkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    352
    I had a fury warrior last night with full timeless plate tanking gear, 1 450 blue weapon and 1 390 green weapon. Doing 22k.

    Everyone tried to kick him and he ninja pulled the boss!

    I have absolutely no issues with LFR but I truly have begun to despise timeless isle.

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dat Ingurlund, brrrrrap
    Posts
    5,117
    The most tank+spank boss in LFR at the moment in my mind is either Iron Juggernaught or Malkorok.

    Iron Juggernaught has a 10m enrage and 780685248 HP, meaning that the 17 DPS and 2 Tanks must do at least 68482 DPS (assuming no healer DPS) to beat the enrage.
    Malkorok has a 6m enrage and 685816704 HP, meaning that the 17 DPS and 2 Tanks must do at least 100266 DPS (assuming no healer DPS) to beat the enrage.

    Obviously, if you're doing 200kDPS then that reduces the bar a little, but I'd say 60k minimum.

    DPS doesn't matter at all so long as you're not dying to enrages anyway.

    EDIT: Feel free to correct me if I got any figures wrong, just did this post quite hastily.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/2
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Ashardis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    I had a fury warrior last night with full timeless plate tanking gear, 1 450 blue weapon and 1 390 green weapon. Doing 22k.

    Everyone tried to kick him and he ninja pulled the boss!

    I have absolutely no issues with LFR but I truly have begun to despise timeless isle.
    Me too.
    Its been a god send for my rarely played alts, but at least I've had the sense to wear the right stats, gem/chant/forge, turn timeless coins into mogu, and go to ToT first for upgrades (esp coin rolling potential weapon drops)
    Last edited by Ashardis; 2013-10-19 at 01:14 PM.

  11. #11
    To be honest, 60-70k and you are bad. 100k should be the desired minimum.

  12. #12
    I do 30k dps on my 458 geared lock with a 410 wep from TJS normal and only 5% hit, people saying 40k is enough for 496 geared peeps are talking out their arses.

    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post
    I think if you have most people doing ~60k dps (you know, actual dps targeting the correct stuff) and some people doing 100-120k dps you should never have a problem with enrage timers. Obviously it's boring as hell to have a 8min fight just because people can't bother to learn their class/rotation/enchant/gem their gear, but that's just an additional reason to never run LFR.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Uhm, wait, in 5.3 I respecced my exclusively healer priest to shadow for fun. 490ilvl, no gems and half the gear not enchanted, bad weapon, 2 healer trinkets, no addons to track my cooldowns/procs and just a vague idea of what my rotation should be and I still did more than 60k dps. If someone puts in some effort, 80k dps is certainly the minimum you can expect.

    Also, that argument that timeless gear has bad stat allocation is stupid. I could be acceptable the first 2 weeks, but do you expect me to believe that everyone doing below 60k dps is just doing LFR for the first time with full timeless gear and hasn't already got some LFR/world boss drops?
    i would say it depends alot on what you have if you some tier set bonus/lengendary meta gem or a good or 2 trinkets it will for sure raise your DPS over the 30-40k in plain timeless gear without any else im not sure what you could pull

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by baline View Post
    i would say it depends alot on what you have if you some tier set bonus/lengendary meta gem or a good or 2 trinkets it will for sure raise your DPS over the 30-40k in plain timeless gear without any else im not sure what you could pull
    I just said I did it on an healer priest that I just respeced for fun. Obviously no set bonuses, no LMG, way over the hit cap, no trinkets etc. I can understand people being bad, doing 40k dps in timeless isle gear and looking for an excuse, but people defending them?

  15. #15
    50-60K is more or less what I would expect from someone with a reasonable knowledge of their character wearing timeless isle gear.....its awful gear and should really be around 476ilvl given the lack of set bonus poor itemisation and no gem slots. Its unlikely anyone levelling an alt is going to care too much about the stats on the gear i am certainly not going to farm 5 gloves tokens just to optimise a 496 piece of gear, people take whatever random stat emerges when they create it.... so chances are dps will be bad..... Bliz should tune the raid with this in mind to be honest because that is the consequence of their gearing path.

  16. #16
    I mostly do around 250k + 545 ilvl - turns out im doing around 30-40% of the entire raids damage in LFR.

  17. #17
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dat Ingurlund, brrrrrap
    Posts
    5,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    I mostly do around 250k + 545 ilvl - turns out im doing around 30-40% of the entire raids damage in LFR.
    Not going to believe this one:

    250k = 30%. Hence, total raid DPS = 833333 DPS. Hence, remaining 16 DPSers are doing 583333 DPS combined, which is 36459 DPS each on average.

    250k = 40%. Hence, total raid DPS = 625000 DPS. Hence, remaining 16 DPSers are doing 375000 DPS combined, which is 23437 DPS each on average.

    I solidly run LFR every week and have never seen any DPS do less than 23k, and probably only once do less than 36k.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/2
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked

  18. #18
    Stuff like this is the reason I abandoned the crap out of LFR once flex went live. I gave it a few tries then realized that the people willing to put in effort to LFR instead put their efforts towards finding a group for flex. It seems all you get is the AFK auto-shotters now, and then maybe 4 people carrying the whole group. If you're lucky.

    /pat. I agree with you, but now that anyone willing to put effort in is gone, logic has abandoned LFR.

  19. #19
    You are annoyed with them and they are annoyed with you.

    LFR is not content that is aimed at you. Don't do LFR, do Flex instead.
    If you choose to do LFR anyway, you must accept that there will be people that are below YOUR standards.
    Opinions are like a-holes; everybody has one.

  20. #20
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    40k is quite low, but I don't think there are any enrages tuned for higher than about 60k.

    I don't think it's realistic to expect players with 496-500 ilvl to do better than 80k single target in LFR. You have the lack of flasks and potions, lack of coordination in the fights, poorly distributed gear stats, at least some missing enchants and gems, et cetera.

    But as long as there is someone at 80-100k+ for every person at 40k, the boss will die. Slowly, but the boss will die. In general it's all fine, you just need to be patient for an extra minute or two. (It won't kill you.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •