10+ Year Old Account

Feral druid - fun ?

Hi guys, I've been looking for a new dps class to level and play since I got tired of my "necromancer" mains ( dk, lock )
    So far I've been choosing between rogue(any spec) and feral druid, both energy users, both use similar combo point system, but this part is not important since I pref druid already.

So, question is , is it fun to play feral ? If yes, then why ?

Thanks !

I've played spriest, both warrior DPS specs and balance quite a lot, but they don't come close to feral druid for me. I enjoy that for the most time you'll do optimal damage because of how you handle your bleeds so you're getting the most out of procs, and with energy you have to think about when to pool it instead of having to push something every global.

Deleted
    I love playing classes where you gotta manage stuff more and where the smallest details make a big difference. Not saying I'm an expert though :P I really loved feral - I actually gave up on dps as I normally heal and srs my left wrists never ached so much than a raid on feral (lame right? I'm female though SO NO.. don't go down that route lol.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalraii View Post
    I'm female though SO NO.. don't go down that route lol.)
    i believe in equal opportunities. that being said... you dirty girl

Quote Originally Posted by Kalraii View Post
    I love playing classes where you gotta manage stuff more and where the smallest details make a big difference. Not saying I'm an expert though :P I really loved feral - I actually gave up on dps as I normally heal and srs my left wrists never ached so much than a raid on feral (lame right? I'm female though SO NO.. don't go down that route lol.)
    Want a cookie? IDGI why do we care what gender you are. o_O

I personally find feral loads of fun, I think its well worth the time in trying it out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meggle View Post
    Want a cookie? IDGI why do we care what gender you are. o_O
    Wrist problems are often jokingly associated with wanking.

Feral druids are much fun, played many classes/specs always loved feral druid the most. Preferred it when it was tank and dps spec, before the tank changes, but that's an aside.

Deleted
    Feral is alright, but they could remove savage roar today and i wouldn't complain even a little bit. Talk about the worst kind of ability that you need to babysit. I get that people on these types of forums love watching a bunch of timers while they play, but abilites like that really does nothing to enhance gameplay. Of course that type of high maintainance buff isn't exclusive to ferals, just saying the spec wouldn't exactly be anything less without it.

Yea Savage Roar is a pretty boring ability. I know it's there as a combo point drain, but I just wish they'd give it the Slice and Dice treatment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Wrist problems are often jokingly associated with wanking.
    Never had that problem before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I love it. Pre-MoP I've played/raided on most specs of most classes. The rest are all too easy. Only real comparison for challenge/fun involved was Cataclysm sub rogues.

The only problem with juggling so many things is it's less attention paid to what's going on around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    Yea Savage Roar is a pretty boring ability. I know it's there as a combo point drain, but I just wish they'd give it the Slice and Dice treatment.
    Yeah, it'd be totally better if it was just like SnD, especially for sub rogues, where cats get most of their inspiration from... Oh wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, I don't mind SnD (i play assassin), nor Savage Roar, but, up until this latest patch, really disliked Inquisition, which was basically the same thing. It's now got double duration, and, as I'm still levelling my paladin, the glyph (adds time to a max of 3 minutes), makes uptime a doddle.

Being a kitty cat is tonnes of fun.

I think I enjoy feral for several reasons. One is the movement speed. I think we're the fastest of all classes, both passively and actively. Two is the fire-form we can use, which still looks great and makes me feel special. Three is the complexity of the game play, which make other classes feel simple - one can't just "hop in" to feral and do just fine. Four is that our single target is the highest in game. Five is that our burst aoe is sickening.

Being a feral druid certainly has it's pawsitives.

I've always loved playing feral, a lot. But transmog is one of my favorite features and 1 - I don't think Druids have many options in that department and 2 - kitty form takes that away.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    Kinda like how it was in Cataclysm? I'd say no thank you. The whole idea around feral is imo that you have your combo points, bleeds and SR, and constantly have to plan ahead to keep them all up optimally. With a SnD type SR, you can get into situations like when you have 5 CP on a target, SR have just run out and Rip is about to, and you simply apply Rip and then follow up with a short SR and it won't be that big of a deal. That would be, and was, more boring. The spec should reward good players and punish bad ones.

Recently leveled a Kitty and i've fallen in love - before i get to the point of big deeps too!

PvP PoV
    - Fun
    - Very Fun
    - Extremely Viable